FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Serviio not working with new Sky Broadband

<<

terryalan141

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:35 pm

Serviio not working with new Sky Broadband

Hi, I have used Serviio for a number of years utilising a Plusnet broadband and a LG webOS UJ670V tv.
Yesterday my new broadband provider, Sky, went live and since then my Serviio system no longer recognises my tv.
Nothing changed on my system other than the modem.
Sky broadband comes with a security package which I have turned off.
I have run out of ideas.
Can anyone help please
Terry
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:10 pm

Re: Serviio not working with new Sky Broadband

Your new modem might be assigning a different IP address range than the old one. If you Serviio computer has a different IP address, and Serviio isn't set to Auto for its network binding, it might still be trying to use the old address. Open the Serviio console, go to the bottom of the Status page, and check the "Bound IP address" box. Make sure one of the available dropdown options is the actual IP address of your computer. Also, if you had a static IP address on your Serviio computer, it might not be correct for your new modem's settings.

So, check your assigned IP address on the TV, and make sure your Serviio computer has an address in the same range. Then make sure Serviio is using the correct address.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

terryalan141

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:02 am

Re: Serviio not working with new Sky Broadband

sorted, many thanks.
Terry

Return to LG