Post Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:53 pm

Serviio v2.2.1 works, v2.3 does not work

Hi Folks. I bought Serviio a few years ago and I would upgrade when a new version would come out. Everything was working. Then with the upgrade to Serviio v2.3 this prevented my 2 LG TVs and 2 laptops from seeing the Serviio DLNA server running on another laptop. They are all on the same local network. I also had my network crash a week ago which required doing a factory reset on the EERO router and then had to completely reconfigure devices on my network. That went well until I noticed Serviio wasn't showing up on the TVs.

I checked the IP and MAC addresses and they seem to be correct and do match up with the IP addresses of the TVs as well as the Serviio Status page of connected devices. I can see the TV IP addresses in the v2.2.1 and v2.3. It's just that with v2.3 the TVs do not see the Serviio DLNA server. The TVs are set to DHCP and I see them on my networks android phone app.

I read something on the internet about possible problems when updating to new router hardware or software. Having verified that all the IP addresses match up then where is the disconnect.

I've reverted back to Serviio v2.2.1 which seems to give me a stable system.

Thank you.