FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Serviio doesn't work with ethernet cable

<<

kristiandisk

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:08 am

Serviio doesn't work with ethernet cable

Hi everybody, I've tried to connect my pc running serviio with an ethernet cable, but my tv, which is wifi connected, can't see serviio. If the pc is wifi connected all works. Now if i connect my tv with an ethernet cable and the pc through wifi, does it work?
<<

mirchy

Streaming enthusiast

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:21 am

Re: Serviio doesn't work with ethernet cable

yes it will work.
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:23 am

Yes it should work, check your router doesn't isolate your wireless network from the main wired one.
Will

ServiiDroid (Android Console) Developer: Download | Home | Support
ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/WiFi Playback App) Developer: Download | Home | Support
<<

Kahanamoku

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:14 pm

Please tell me you are not conntecting a straight-through ethernet cable directly from yout TV to your computer and expecting it to work!?! :lol:
<<

gywer

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:19 pm

Dear Support,

I need a little help.
So far I used the Serviio in my home between my pc and tv. The pc connected to the router via cable and the tv to the wifi from same router.
Today I pulled an ethernet cable between the tv and the router and realized that the server does not see the tv.
Is there any option what I have to set or as I think it must to come up automatically?
The tv wifi Ip was 192.168.1.2 but now with cable it is 192.168.1.14
Thanks in advance for the answer.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:09 pm

This was an extremely old thread, so it might have been better to start a new one.

OK, there should be no issue between switching between a wired and wireless connection on the same network. The IP address shows it's in the same range. What I'm wondering is if your Serviio computer picked up a different IP address from your router, and Serviio is still trying to use the previous IP address? Check the IP address of the computer, then look on the Serviio console to see if it matches at the bottom of the Status page. It is recommended to use a static IP address on your Serviio computer so this isn't something that could happen.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to LG