FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Panasonic Viera TC-55CX850

<<

lirwin4

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:32 pm

Panasonic Viera TC-55CX850

I own a 2015 Panasonic Viera TC-55CX850 TV. Does anyone have a profile for serviio that matches this TV? I previousely used the "viera 2015" profile found at viewtopic.php?f=7&t=21909 with some modifications but now with the latest serviio version (1.10.1), the server will not stay running after adding this profile to my config file.
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:11 am

Re: Panasonic Viera TC-55CX850

The attached is my current Panasonic 2015 profile, working with 1.10.1. You should be able to use this as the basis for any modifications you need.

Save the attached file to your Serviio\config folder. In Serviio Console, Status tab, stop the Server (button at the bottom) and then restart it. This will reload the profiles.
Attachments
user-profiles.xml
(3 KiB) Downloaded 810 times
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Please do not PM me for support as any solution cannot be shared with others.
<<

lirwin4

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:58 pm

DenyAll wrote:The attached is my current Panasonic 2015 profile, working with 1.10.1. You should be able to use this as the basis for any modifications you need.

Save the attached file to your Serviio\config folder. In Serviio Console, Status tab, stop the Server (button at the bottom) and then restart it. This will reload the profiles.

Thank you very much! It works perfectly.
<<

dymarq

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:56 am

Sorry, I am a novice. What am I supposed to do with the file? Do I modify the profile config file with this new one? Adding it into the existing profile config? Where specifically. I have a TC65FX800 and I can't get DTS files to produce sound. I am assuming that this will resolve this issue.

Please let me know.

Thanks
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:22 pm

No you do not need to modify profiles.xml. Since version 1.9 of Serviio users can add their custom profiles in a file called user-profiles.xml. This file does not get replaced with every version release, making it easier to administer your own profiles.

Having said that, the file I uploaded does not transcode DTS as it stands. So you do need to edit it - using your favourite text editor (I suggest Notepad ++) change the line:

<!-- Matches container="*" vCodec="h264" aCodec="dca" / -->

to

<Matches container="*" vCodec="h264" aCodec="dca" />

This un-comments the line, and the profile will now transcode DTS (dca). After changing it, save the file to your Serviio\config folder. In Serviio Console, Status tab, stop the Server (button at the bottom) and then restart it. This will reload all the profiles.
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:41 pm

Just noticed - you have the TC65FX800 - I have the TH65FX800A which is the Australian version of the same TV I think. It's a great TV.

The attached profile may be better for you (this is what I use for mine) - it does very little transcoding. Most importantly it doesn't transcode H265 files or UHD files. You will have to manually assign this profile to your TV on the Status tab of Serviio console (I haven't bothered with auto-detection for this TV yet, must get around to that).

I have only tested this with my media files, so it's not as exhaustively tested as the previous profile but should be better for your model. Let me know if any files don't play properly.
Attachments
user-profiles.xml
Panasonic 2018 Profile
(1.06 KiB) Downloaded 787 times
DenyAll
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
<<

dymarq

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:29 pm

Thank you for the file. It appears to load correctly but now I have another problem. This is unrelated to the Panasonic. By the way it is a great TV. I love it. I traded a Samsung for it and can't regret it. TC65FX800C. Canadian eh! :)

Serviio service just keeps stopping I have re-installed it defaulted it but it only runs for a minute then shuts down. This isn't your file since it did this prior to me loading the user profile.

Let me know if you have any recommendations.

Thanks again for your help.
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:50 am

When you say stopping - does it disappear from the TV? Have you confirmed it has stopped (does Serviio Console state (Status tab at the bottom) that it is running or stopped, or does the console fail to load - site can't be reached message). Also confirm your PC isn't going to sleep.

This could be a tough one... we will need to start investigating:

• Firstly enable detailed logging (follow the link for instructions) - restart Serviio and lets see what Serviio thinks is happening. After it fails, copy the log file (C:\Program Files\Serviio\log\serviio.log) and then upload it to the forum and I can have a look;
  • When in a failure states, check to see whether the Serviio Windows (I assume you're on Windows?) service is running. Run services.msc and scroll down until you see the Serviio service. Status should be "Running" and startup set to "Automatic"
  • Check the Windows Event (run Event Viewer) for any events related to the Serviio Service (search it for Serviio)
DenyAll
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
<<

dymarq

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:30 pm

I figured out why the service kept stopping. It had something to do with the Library when it updates files. I turned off the "Keep Library Automatically updated" and now it appears more stable.

Strange is that I still can't play my "mkv" files that have a DTS sound embedded. I have read that Panasonic does not support DTS which was a surprise to me. I have lots of DTS content including Bluray disks.

Any thoughts. I was hoping the user profile you provided would transcode the file into something that Panasonic could understand.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:16 am

Many TVs won't accept DTS as an external source. I have two Roku TVs that display DTS SOUND in big font when they start up, but they won't accept DTS audio either. :lol:

And I just discovered over the weekend that some older TVs won't even accept Dolby Digital from an HDMI input. I never expected that. But that's just something that we have to handle with the profiles.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

dymarq

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:11 am

Damn. I have so much content in DTS, I am going to swap out this TV. It's too bad since I really liked it.

Appreciate the feedback.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:15 pm

dymarq wrote:Damn. I have so much content in DTS, I am going to swap out this TV. It's too bad since I really liked it.

Appreciate the feedback.

It really isn't a big deal to transcode the audio. Places very little load on the computer to do that. Not like video transcoding. Playing the audio through the TV isn't going to be the greatest anyway, so no loss transcoding from DTS to DD or AAC. And I doubt you'll find a TV that accepts DTS audio anyway. Maybe there are some, but I'm not aware of any.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:14 pm

The profile I provided should transcode DTS, but I’ll test it tonight.

Please post MediaInfo details for one of the files. Also, please ensure the the profile is correctly assigned to the TV (Serviio Console, Status Tab).

I’d also recommend letting the library do its thing. Once it’s fully updated, it should settle down. If the library isn’t fully updated you may also get some unpredicted results (like DTS not transcoding).
DenyAll
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
<<

marciofreitas

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:28 pm

thanks this post help me

Return to Panasonic