FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Can't play .mkv videos on SC-BTT490

<<

camidekipapaz

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:34 pm

Can't play .mkv videos on SC-BTT490

Hi to all! I've got http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/model/SC-BTT490 this product. I'm trying to stream .mkv files over dlna but it says it can't connect to source or something like that. Serviio service is runing on my pc, both of them are connected to local network via wifi. But when I try to open any file it says it cannot connect. This is how it looks on serviio; http://imgur.com/Hhu7egb .106 one is my bluray player.
<<

Ramrunner

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:37 am

Re: Can't play .mkv videos on SC-BTT490

Have a similar problem with my new SC-BTT880. I've upgraded Serviio to the latest version possible on my Thecus, and while selecting the Viera 2013 profile, although now my media browsing works properly (didn't with the older version I had), a lot, if not all of my MKV files are greyed out. Clicking on them gives "Cannot Play". The Blu-Ray player is perfectly able to play those files, as I've connected my NAS as a net drive and it plays them fine over my network. Serviio is somehow not serving them to the Panasonic as something the Panasonic can play.

Obviously something that needs to be tweaked in the profiles.xml?

What would I need to play with to make Serviio hand over the files to the Panasonic properly?

My Samsung Smart TV works 100%, and I KNOW the Panasonic supports the same sort of codecs, but obviously Serviio is not presenting the files as the Panasonic would like.

Jeez how good would life be if all these manufacturers and the DLNA alliance got together and made some sort of standard for this stuff? Nice fantasy.....
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:56 am

Re: Can't play .mkv videos on SC-BTT490

Thought I just answered this.... see viewtopic.php?f=13&t=17314&p=93054#p93054.
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Please do not PM me for support as any solution cannot be shared with others.

Return to Panasonic