FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Panasonic DMP-BD79

<<

Fran355

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:19 pm

Panasonic DMP-BD79

The most of MKV files that I multiplex with MKVToolNix doesn't work fine in my Blu-Ray player, with often this type of files can't forward, or things like that.
Someone said me that this is due to the compression that I put on the software, but I change on the latest version of MKVToolNix and go on with the same problem.

In my views, is the version of the software which I'm using, if someone know anything about this blu-ray or the version of MKVToolNix that allow me to forward my MKV, I will appreciate it.

<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:48 pm

Re: Panasonic DMP-BD79

What profile are you using? If it's calling for transcoding, then trick play isn't available. I haven't had a Panasonic BD player in quite a while, so I don't know what they are capable of playing. I do have an older Panasonic plasma TV, but I haven't used the built-in player for a long time. I use a Roku player on that TV now. But the TV would often have issues playing media.

From a manual I found online your player should support MPEG2 or H.264 video with Dolby Digital, AAC or PCM audio. Since an MKV container can have almost any codec in it, we may need to know what's in your unplayable files.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

Fran355

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:48 pm

atc98092 wrote:What profile are you using? If it's calling for transcoding, then trick play isn't available. I haven't had a Panasonic BD player in quite a while, so I don't know what they are capable of playing. I do have an older Panasonic plasma TV, but I haven't used the built-in player for a long time. I use a Roku player on that TV now. But the TV would often have issues playing media.

From a manual I found online your player should support MPEG2 or H.264 video with Dolby Digital, AAC or PCM audio. Since an MKV container can have almost any codec in it, we may need to know what's in your unplayable files.

The BD player, play the MKV files but when I advance the MKV playback, the player closes it. I don't know how to explain, english isn't my mother tongue
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:22 pm

I think you're explaining just fine. :D When you attempt to fast forward, the video instead stops playback and you end up back on the main selection screen. Unfortunately, I don't think there's anything that can be done from the Serviio side to improve that. It's likely just a poor player that Panasonic has in that BD player, unfortunately.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to Panasonic