FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

New OLED TV Panasonic TX-55JZW984

<<

biker70

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:38 pm

New OLED TV Panasonic TX-55JZW984

Hallo I need some HELP :shock:
Up to now with the growing pale Samsung UE55 ... from 2014 I could choose about Source HDMI 1, HDMI 2... OBV... Serviio as a yellow Icon!
With my new Panasonic TX-55JZW984 TV OLED I do not do it?!!
What is wrong, what must I do?
My Device is a Linux Mint 20.3 Una PC with Serviio 2.2.1 in the home net (192.168.0.184)!
The TV is to be found in the same home net about LAN (or WLAN) with the IP 192.168.0.55!
How do I insert Serviio in a Source menu? Where is my yellow icon?
Many thanks in advance !!!
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sun May 01, 2022 2:22 am

Re: New OLED TV Panasonic TX-55JZW984

If Serviio is still visible on other devices on your network, then I would fear that Panasonic has dropped support for DLNA. I haven't had a Panasonic TV for many years, but my old ST30, while supporting DLNA, didn't work real well with Serviio. Personally, I gave up using the TV functionality for playing my home media years ago specifically because their media support was/is so poor.

If your home media has lossless audio (Dolby TrueHD or DTS Master Audio) an external player is a must. The best player would be the Nvidia Shield, or at least one of the inexpensive Android boxes that support bitstreaming lossless audio. If those audio codecs aren't as critical to you, or if you don't use an AVR which supports those codecs, then there are many other external players that work much better than the TV interface. Such as a Roku player, Fire TV or Apple TV. They each have their pluses and minuses, but they all offer a number of different choices of cost and features/performance.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

biker70

Serviio newbie

Post Sun May 01, 2022 8:30 pm

Many thx for the tips, but it were simply my stupidity! Now the yellow symbol is a blue one and is to be found with some patience light!
As an excuse I must say the newone stands only for two days on his place and I was too impatient! :idea: :roll:
The solution was simple: HOME key press, completely scroll to the right and select 'devices'! There they are hidden everything (HDMI 1... 4 and Serviio!!!)
Unfortunately, only the audioformats are supported not everything (opus etc.)!
With the help of 'ffmpeg -i File.mkv File.mp4' or 'ffmpeg -i File.webm File.mp4' the problem can be solved at first individually!
A small script permits later also the change of a whole directory!

Many thanks and a wonderful May
<<

biker70

Serviio newbie

Post Wed May 04, 2022 8:01 pm

My solution for webm-files collected in one dir:

mkdir processed;
for i in *.webm;
do ffmpeg -i "$i" -nostdin "./processed/${i%.*}.mp4";
done

My next question needs a new title: playing *.m3U files with VLC is easy! How can I stream it to the TV with Serviio? :?:

Many Thx
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Wed May 04, 2022 11:53 pm

Serviio supports M3U and PLS playlists. They don't appear under titles or elsewhere. You have to have the Playlists presentation enabled, and that's where they appear. Depending on your player, it should play the titles one after the other from the list (some players will only play a single title then go back to the list). Also depending on the player, the list may appear in alphabetical order, by release date, or whatever order you have them within the files. That's the one complaint I have about Kodi, it won't just display the titles in the order I place them in the file. My Roku devices will show the order of the titles in the file. I can't remember how my Panasonic ST30 displayed them, but I think they were in the file order as well.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to Panasonic