FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

New Pansonic Blu-ray Profile Requiring Testers.

<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:33 pm

Re: New Pansonic Blu-ray Profile Requiring Testers.

PMI wrote:
Cerberus wrote:ffmpeg have a big thing on the homepage about missing patches, so hopefully they will sort it out very soon.

OK, and btw, I did try the 06/02/12 version, result was the same.
(I really do not consider myself qualified to test ffmpeg issues tho.)

ffmpeg testing is easy you just change it throw the same file at it and see if it works or fails. ;)
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

PMI

DLNA master

Post Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:54 pm

Cerberus wrote:ffmpeg testing is easy you just change it throw the same file at it and see if it works or fails. ;)
Yeah, that's what they all say... the kicking and the screaming comes later...

Late yesterday I also noticed that when I played files that Serviio delivered in "native format", pause, fwd, and rev worked fine.

On at least some files that went through transcoding one way or another, this did NOT work. Screen would just freeze, and only thing that would still work was stop, or exit to the player top menu. I really did not have time to check further, but it only happened with transcoded files. So, is that an outright "fail" or do we call that a "works with reservations"? :?

And b/f you ask, no, I did not have time to check the debug log on this.
Peter
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Panasonic Viera TC-L32E3 LCD | Panasonic DMP-BDT210 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:17 pm

PMI wrote:
Cerberus wrote:ffmpeg testing is easy you just change it throw the same file at it and see if it works or fails. ;)
Yeah, that's what they all say... the kicking and the screaming comes later...

Late yesterday I also noticed that when I played files that Serviio delivered in "native format", pause, fwd, and rev worked fine.

On at least some files that went through transcoding one way or another, this did NOT work. Screen would just freeze, and only thing that would still work was stop, or exit to the player top menu. I really did not have time to check further, but it only happened with transcoded files. So, is that an outright "fail" or do we call that a "works with reservations"? :?

And b/f you ask, no, I did not have time to check the debug log on this.

" possiblely works " would be my wording atm.

Anyway will leave this one for a few weeks and see if ffmpeg fix there issues and then we can come back and finish it off ok?
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

PMI

DLNA master

Post Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:58 pm

Cerberus wrote:Anyway will leave this one for a few weeks and see if ffmpeg fix there issues and then we can come back and finish it off ok?
OK by me! 8-)
Peter
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:34 am

http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/win64/ ... -static.7z ----------- latest ffmpeg dated 11/02/12 please test PMI
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

PMI

DLNA master

Post Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:58 am

Cerberus wrote:http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/win64/static/ffmpeg-git-fd0b8d5-win64-static.7z ----------- latest ffmpeg dated 11/02/12 please test PMI
I will try it tomorrow.
Peter
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Previous

Return to Panasonic