FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Corrupt data on PS3 with C4000BG modem

<<

jcschultz01

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:44 am

Corrupt data on PS3 with C4000BG modem

Hi
I recently had to switch modems from a Cenutrylink C3000(died) to a C4000BG.
And now Serviio is not working on the PS3 I use to connect serviio to my smart TV. I get a "corrupt data" message trying to access the files on my Windows desktop. Sometimes the video plays for awhile, sometimes the corrupt data message happens immediately. It also seems to happen after trying to fast forward thru the video.

From previous experience I did open TCP port 8895 and UDP port 1900 on the new modem but it didn't seem to help

I'll keep looking through the voluminous forums but appreciate any suggestions on where to look.
Thanks.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:28 pm

Re: Corrupt data on PS3 with C4000BG modem

You don't need to open any ports on your modem/router for Serviio to work on your home network. In fact, opening those ports without a need is a security hole. You do want your modem/router to allow internal access to all connected devices, and you want multicast enabled. I've never seen that box (I switched from CenturyLink DSL to Comcast cable), so I can't say what settings it might have. You could simplify the entire network by installing a basic Ethernet switch and run all your Cat5 cables to it, then just one single cable between the switch and the modem. Of course, if you're using the modem as your WiFi access point, that may not make a difference.

Are any of your devices (Serviio PC, PS3) using WiFi or are they wired?
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to NAS installation