FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

HOWTO: Serviio 1.3.1 for Zyxel NSA325

<<

monkeyg0d

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:35 am

Re: HOWTO: Serviio 1.3.1 for Zyxel NSA325

Ok I have got to this point

== Welcome at FFP version 0.7/arm, running on NSA325v2 MEDIA, firmware V4.70(AALS.0) ==
root@MEDIA:~# sh /ffp/start/serviiod.sh start
Starting Serviio
OK
root@MEDIA:~# ps -ef | grep serviio
root 30699 30579 0 00:33 pts/0 00:00:00 grep serviio
root@MEDIA:~#

and when i run the stop command i get this

root@MEDIA:~# sh /ffp/start/serviiod.sh start
Starting Serviio
OK
root@MEDIA:~# sh /ffp/start/serviiod.sh stop
Stopping Serviio
Serviio shell is not running
Serviio Java is not running
OK

So it seems that its not running, i try to run the start command outside of root and just in admin then i get a different error

admin@MEDIA:~$ sh /ffp/start/serviiod.sh start
Starting Serviio
/ffp/start/serviiod.sh: line 20: start-stop-daemon: command not found
Failed

Any idea where my problem might lie?

any help would be awesome, i'm very new to this bash command prompt lark
<<

Guru71

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:12 pm

Hello, I've tried more 'times to install Serviio on NSA325 V2 but I get always this error:

root@Venom:/ffp/start# sh /ffp/start/serviiod.sh start
: command not found.sh: line 1:
: command not found.sh: line 6:
: numeric argument requirede 7: exit: 0

I tried to start Serviio sirettamente sh serviio.sh but despite with servidroid I can put the first settings, path, password and registration key; Now, after 15 minutes I was not more 'accessible even with servidroid and I have not even available in the' web interface. It 'possible that something is missing? Have I missed a step (here I answer myself alone since I checked more 'and more' times) what is missing and why these errors in the line 1 and 6?
this is the content of the file serviiod.sh.

I tried to remove the line 1 and 6 were blanks but still get the error: numeric argument requirede 7: exit: 0 I do not know how to solve.

Code:

#!/ffp/bin/sh

# FFP Startup script for Serviio

EXEC=/ffp/opt/serviio/bin/serviio.sh
PIDFILE=/var/run/serviiod.pid
JAVA_HOME=/ffp/opt/java/
OPTS=

test -x $EXEC || exit 0

case "$1" in
  start)
   echo "Starting Serviio"

# set required JAVA home environment variable   
   export JAVA_HOME

# Use the normal serviio.sh script to ensure correct environment is set up
   if start-stop-daemon --start --quiet --oknodo --make-pidfile --background --pidfile $PIDFILE --exec $EXEC -- $OPTS; then
       echo "OK"
   else
       echo "Failed"
   fi
   ;;

stop)
   echo "Stopping Serviio"

# Kill both serviio.sh script and Java process
   serv_kill=`ps aux | grep serviio.sh | grep -v grep | awk '{print $2}'`
    java_kill=`ps aux | grep org.serviio.MediaServer | grep -v grep | awk '{print $2}'`
            if [ "$serv_kill" = "" ]; then
                    echo "Serviio shell is not running"
                    RETVAL=1
            else
                    kill $serv_kill
                    RETVAL=0
            fi

if [ "$java_kill" = "" ]; then
                    echo "Serviio Java is not running"
                    RETVAL=1
            else
                    kill -9 $java_kill
                    RETVAL=0
            fi

echo "OK"
   ;;

status)

serv_pid=`ps aux | grep serviio.sh | grep -v grep | awk '{print $2}'`
            java_pid=`ps aux | grep java | grep -v grep | awk '{print $2}'`
            if [ "$serv_pid" != "" ]; then
                    echo "Serviio shell (pid $serv_pid) is running"
                    RETVAL=0
            else
                    echo "Serviio shell is stopped"
                    RETVAL=1
            fi

if [ "$java_pid" != "" ]; then
                    echo "Serviio Java (pid $java_pid) is running"
                    RETVAL=0
            else
                    echo "Serviio Java is stopped"
                    RETVAL=1
            fi

esac

exit 0

The java are working it seems.

root@Venom:/ffp/start# java -version
java version "1.7.0_60"
Java(TM) SE Embedded Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_60-b19, headless)
Java HotSpot(TM) Embedded Client VM (build 24.60-b09, mixed mode)
root@Venom:/ffp/start#

Thanks in advance any help that can solve my problem Thank you.
<<

Guru71

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:17 pm

Hello, I try nuovmanete hoping to have answer sooner or later.
Manually operating the controls for the careful precision and know ssh / ffp / opt / Serviio / sh serviio.sh the session stops and the program is loaded and re-opening a new session and this time entering the command / ffp / opt / servio / sh servio -console.sh appears this error ..
...../ffp/opt/serviio/bin# sh serviio-console.sh
Exception in thread "Thread-1" java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.serviio.console.ServiioConsole$ShutdownHook.run(ServiioConsole.java:324)

I do not know 'what to do or try to run this program, also because' the supplied ones are really very limited.
I would not have propio wrong product, reading on the net I see that the absolute best is the Synology as both product quality and as the availability of assistance and programs. At this point I really see with their backs to the wall and I think propio of being forced to sell the zyxel for a product that at least able to manage your home network. Can 'very well be my fault if the product in question does not allow the use of previously purchased software and now for me to run in the various terminals .... I do not know I always hope for a little help in a rather nice explanation saw that the instructions in this 3nd not allow the correct operation of the program. (it's really a shame).
<<

DominNica

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:37 pm

Hi,

I need to Serviio on TV work and if I have a PC where I have installed the Serviio Console payout. It's somehow? I have a public IP, the installation was successful Serviio on NAS Zyxel 325v2
<<

nikossonik

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:13 pm

Hi there,

I just installed serviio on my zyxel nsa325v2 with new versions of java (ejre-7u71-fcs-b14-linux-arm-sflt-headless-26_sep_2014) and serviio (serviio-1.4.1.2-linux.tar.gz), not the above you mentioned. I installed it at first to try it instead of twonky, because I have some subtitle issues with my home theater and external subs through DLNA. After all the installation -which went fine by following your guide- it started building the video library but it only adds .avi, .mp4, .m4v etc and NOT ANY .mkv!! Is there a special command, any setting or is something wrong...? :ugeek:
ps. great guide!

Edit: all ok. My mistake, seems it took it's time or added them at the end.
<<

silverfisken

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:29 pm

Hi,

I'm stuck at:

mkdir -p /ffp/opt/java

- Using FileZilla upload the file to the folder you create above

I made the directory in Putty. But when I log in with Filezilla Client, I cant find it anywhere.
Nas: Zyxel NSA325v2 with firmware V4.80(AALS.0)C0 + ffp
installed Serviio 1.6, java 1.8.0_33, Serviio Console 1.6
<<

silverfisken

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:51 am

I managed to figure java out.

1.I downloaded and used WinSCP and logged in as "root" with admin password. (you can even add Putty as your command windows if you want to)

2.Then I found the directory (you need to be in correct filepath to make the folder I think)
/usr/local/zy-pkgs/ffproot/ffp/opt/java

3. on your local computer unpack the gz (then the tar file) so you have a complete java folder named "ejre1.7.0_71" (I used the latest java but use the one you want)

4. then go inside "ejre1.7.0_71" and drag and drop or upload the whole file strukture inside the the folder "ejre1.7.0_71" to /usr/local/zy-pkgs/ffproot/ffp/opt/java

I could:nt drag and drop my java files, without beeing logged in as root because then I had permissions rights.
<<

vmaim

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:27 pm

Hello

I have the following problem...i try to install the java package, i login with putty into the nas i create the folder "ffp" but when i connect from filezilla to send the package i cant find the folder ffp.
what am i doing wrong?
<<

silverfisken

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:22 am

You can use WinSCP instead of Filezilla. Much more easier. You log in with user root and (admin password).
From there you can activate Putty terminal if you need it.
<<

leas1968

Serviio newbie

Post Sat May 14, 2016 4:50 pm

Thank you for the tutorial! I bought the NSA325 V2 last week and managed to install serviio 1.3.1 server in the NAS. I couldn't make the serviio 1.3.1 console work in my PC running 64 bit Windows 10 Pro. It keeps telling serviio server is not running and exits. But I managed to organize my folders using ServiiDroid with my Android tablet. Same thing. And since this is the era of tablets and smartphones I found it more reasonable and convenient to manage the server using this technology instead of a desktop or notebook pc. If for any case anyone found how to make the console run on a pc running 64 bit Windows 10 Pro I would appreciate if he/she can share it with us. Of course I put in the bin Windows folder in ServiioConsole.exe.vmoptions file the IP address of my NAS like this: Dserviio.remoteHost=192.168.1.10 but nothing happened.

I don't know if the Java version that is downloaded with the 1.3.1 console creates the problem and I should install a different version. If the serviio setup finds not the required java 6 it asks to download and install. So, it does and continues installing. I have the latest java version in my pc but even if I uninstalled all Java versions and reinstalled only the required it didn't worked.
<<

norm

Serviio lover

Post Wed May 25, 2016 11:44 am

leas1968 wrote:Thank you for the tutorial! I bought the NSA325 V2 last week and managed to install serviio 1.3.1 server in the NAS.

Hey leas1968, serviio 1.3.1 is a bit old now. It might be worth following this tutorial here: http://forum.nas-central.org/viewtopic.php?f=249&t=11553&start=120#p101001
Which has a prebuilt Serviio 1.6 package. Serviio now uses a web console by default so no worries if the Windows client doesn't work with Windows 10 as it is not requred anymore.

You will need Java 8 too but there's a autoinstall script here: http://forum.nas-central.org/viewtopic.php?f=249&t=18267
I hope that helps :)
<<

leas1968

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:32 pm

norm wrote:
leas1968 wrote:Thank you for the tutorial! I bought the NSA325 V2 last week and managed to install serviio 1.3.1 server in the NAS.

Hey leas1968, serviio 1.3.1 is a bit old now. It might be worth following this tutorial here: http://forum.nas-central.org/viewtopic.php?f=249&t=11553&start=120#p101001
Which has a prebuilt Serviio 1.6 package. Serviio now uses a web console by default so no worries if the Windows client doesn't work with Windows 10 as it is not requred anymore.

You will need Java 8 too but there's a autoinstall script here: http://forum.nas-central.org/viewtopic.php?f=249&t=18267

Thaks, I will try this. But I need to remove the current java installation first in order to run the autoinstall script. How can I do this? Isn't there a 1.7 version of serviio now?
<<

leas1968

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:09 pm

leas1968 wrote:
norm wrote:

Thaks, I will try this. But I need to remove the current java installation first in order to run the autoinstall script. How can I do this? Isn't there a 1.7 version of serviio now?

Having said that. The above URLs do not open any longer!
Previous

Return to NAS installation