FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Problems with Indexing

<<

bluecassette

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:41 am

Problems with Indexing

Hello!

I've been using Serviio flawlessly for a few years now, but seem to have run into quite a few problems since DSM 6. Mainly files not being indexed, but also videos freezing halfway through play and not being able to browse the library (eventually loading after refreshing multiple times).

I've Googled, searched the forums, online and the comments section on the PCLoadletter site and tried all suggestions, such as:

• Removing the community version of Java and installing the Synology version (fully updated to Java 8u91).
  • Fully removing Serviio, rebooting and re-installing.
  • Disabling various "Generate thumbnail" options/local indexing of metadata (having it only search online).
  • I haven't checked permissions as I'm not sure how, but I don't think it's this as some files do eventually get added.

There seem to be two problems with indexing:

• It's not adding new files that are added without a force refresh
  • It's not fully picking up existing files the first time around. When I install Serviio I add two folders, TV and Movies - it will add a load of random files and then eventually seem like it's finished. Once it's stopped adding files, if I do a force refresh, it will suddenly find a load more files.

I've checked the logs and here are a few of the errors I'm getting (I've just taken the first line of each to keep it short):

Code:
2016-06-27 10:34:08,885 WARN  [MediaFileIndexer] Cannot add file moviename.avi because of an unexpected error. Message: null
java.lang.NullPointerException

2016-06-27 10:34:08,907 WARN  [MediaFileIndexer] Cannot add file Othermoviename.avi because of an unexpected error. Message: Cannot find media item by file path: /volume1/Movies/Othermoviename.avi
org.serviio.db.dao.PersistenceException: Cannot find media item by file path: /volume1/Movies/Othermoviename.avi

2016-06-27 10:34:11,682 WARN  [MediaFileIndexer] Cannot add file Thirdmoviename.mkv because of an unexpected error. Message: Cannot create Video with title Thirdmoviename
org.serviio.db.dao.PersistenceException: Cannot create Video with title Thirdmoviename

2016-06-27 10:34:14,636 WARN  [MediaFileIndexer] Cannot add file Fourthmoviename.mkv because of an unexpected error. Message: Cannot read Folder with name = <virtual>
org.serviio.db.dao.PersistenceException: Cannot read Folder with name = <virtual>

2016-06-27 11:28:23,964 WARN  [ContentDirectory] Browse for object id V_RY failed with exception: org.serviio.upnp.service.contentdirectory.command.CommandExecutionException: Cannot execute library command for list: Cannot read list of videos' release years

That last error is from when trying to browse the library by release year. It takes multiple refreshes to get it to load.

Does anyone have any ideas? If you need any more information that would help, let me know. Many thanks in advance.
<<

hevalito

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:36 pm

Re: Problems with Indexing

Hey - I'm having the exactly same issue.
I'm on a Synology ds213j
Serviio 1.6.1-0030
Java 8, Synology Package

Did you have any luck?

Return to NAS installation