FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Synology DS213j

<<

dawnwatcher

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:45 pm

Synology DS213j

Hi, tried to install Serviio on the above NAS. Managed to add Java SE Embedded 8 & Serviio (along with others) to Package Centre. Tried to install Java but it fails during installation:-

"Failed to install Java SE Embedded 8. Java binary bundle not found. ally cover the legal aspect, because files hosted on Oracle's server are protected by a session cookie requiring a Javascript enabled browser."

Tried using Firefox & IE both of which are javascript enabled. Any help gratefully appreciated.
<<

dawnwatcher

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:52 pm

Re: Synology DS213j

Looks like DS213j will not support Java SE 8. Installed PC version of serviio and so far it seems to be working :)
<<

patters

DLNA master

Post Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:20 am

That model does support it. Maybe the public shared folder is not set up right, or perhaps you downloaded the wrong file from Oracle. If you don't provide a file at all and try to install the package it will tell you which file you need for your model of NAS from the Java download page.
LG OLED55B8PLA | PS4 Pro | Xbox One S | Synology DS214play
Serviio 2.1 package for Synology NAS - with limited hardware transcoding support!
<<

dawnwatcher

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:50 am

Thanks Patters. Haven't been on the forum for a long tome so apologies for not responding. Yes, you are right. I had another go recently and, as you say, the package tells you which file you need which I have now installed correctly (note for anyone trying this - the Java binary bundle file is in the archive - not the link given). All seemed OK but loading the libraries is very slow. Tried to run a video via a Sony SMP N100 media player - there was a long delay before the files were displayed and when I could eventually play a file, the movie kept stopping & starting as it was, presumably, buffering. Any help welcomed.
<<

dawnwatcher

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:48 pm

It is the slow loading of the libraries that is the issue. I had already loaded the music & video libraries but the photo library, given the large number of files, was taking days to load. Played a movie again tonight and it kept freezing. Removed the photo library and the movie played perfectly. How can I speed up the library update?

Return to NAS installation