FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Synology - Serviio 1.6 - Server seem not running

<<

Scrabbledo

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:36 pm

Synology - Serviio 1.6 - Server seem not running

Hi,

today I've upgraded my Synology package on my DS414 to the latest Serviio version as well the latest Java SE embedded package (8.73) like the description on the homepage here. In the meantime I've also restart the NAS.

If I look into the package of the Java SE embedded it shows within the log file that the installation of Java 8.73 was sucessfull.
Also when I look into the serviio package it shows the status "running". I can also start the new serviio-console BUT then nothing works!

First I've have tried to upload my Pro-license but I get back an error (500).
And when I click on "Status" in the left-handed menue I get the trice error message that the serviio server seem not running!?!
Regarding the package status it runs. But the log file shows lots of error messages that the serviio server is not reachable and in the 2nd line directly after the start time is an error about the embedded Java that the VM client G1 GC was disabled in this version. What do this mean? I've used the right java file "ejdk-8u73-linux-arm-sflt.tar.gz" and the installation was sucessfull.

Who can help to fix this error?
Thanks in advance.

Scrab

Short update: I've modified the "serviio.sh" in /volume1/@appstore/Serviio/bin and have removed the option -XX:+UseG1GC from the java start. This helps only for the error messsages in the log file. But the problem is not solved. The log file as well the package shows the status running but neither the mediabrowser is runnung nor the console can be confiured due the message "Can not connect to Serviio server, it does not seem to be running ."

Update-2: So. Now I've deinstalled Java SE embedded 8 and have re-installed the old Java 7u60 via the integrated Java Manager. Than have I copied the content from the Java 8u73 into the folder /var/packages/JavaManager/target/Java/jre/lib the folder like before all of my changes. After restart it shows within the Java Manager the right version "8u73" as well the right Classpath. In the log file of the servio package it shows no errors (except the G1GC) but within Serviio I get furthermore the message that the server is not running. :-(

Update-3: Ok. I've deinstalled Serviio v1.6 with the idea to reinstall it too. But when I try to install I get an error about the "already used" port 23...?! There is no other serviio instance running. Or is this caused by the installed Jave via the Java Manager, althought Java was updated manually to the latest version? Oh man. What bad experiences. I go to sleep now and hope someone can help me tomorrow. n8 :cry:
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:22 pm

Re: Synology - Serviio 1.6 - Server seem not running

You need java 8. i don't have an Synology, but the author's page says you need to install java 8 in a certain way:
http://pcloadletter.co.uk/2012/01/25/se ... o-package/
http://pcloadletter.co.uk/2011/08/23/ja ... -synology/

So try that.
<<

daconas

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:39 pm

Re: Synology - Serviio 1.6 - Server seem not running

Hello, can you help me i have installed serviio 1.6 auf snology DS414 an i can not connect to console via cellphone/android only with integratet console but he foud no files
on my ds112 works well i can conect via cellphone/android an add some sources.
why can not connect and he dont finde some files
by adding music i get error 500

Return to NAS installation