FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Serviio stopped working after upgrading to Diskstation 6

<<

erpol

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:02 am

Serviio stopped working after upgrading to Diskstation 6

Hi,

I have Serviio 1.6.0-0029 (pro license) installed on a Synology DS415+ NAS.
It was working perfecly as long as I had the Diskstation 5 OS installed on the NAS - subtitles and all, on a varietry of devices like my Panasonic VT30 series TV, Android tablet, Ipad etc. I'm not using transcoding though, as I find the installation of ffmpeg on the DS415 too much of a hassle.

Since I upgraded to Disktation 6 a few days ago, the videos won't play on any device any more. I can access the Server normally, browse and drill down in all lists, view the thumbnails, but as soon as I hit "play" I get whatever symbology is used on the device for "please wait", and get stuck there. This happens even if I use Mediabrowser from a PC to access the video, so it's really not a device issue.

What I tried so far:

- Reinstall / upgrade the Java 8 runtime (new version is version ejdk-8u77-linux-i586.tar.gz, while the installed one was 8u73)
- Stopping and restarting the server from the Serviio interface,
- Stop/starting the package from the Synology UI (which is equivalent to stop/start the service in Windows)

All this changes nothing, the video won't play no matter what.

I stopped short of completely uninstalling and reinstalling the Serviio package, perhaps I should try this ?

I checked out the forum and even the Internet for a similar problem, but it seems no one has already had it, or bothered to report it...

Thanks for any help.

RP
<<

nevets14

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:58 pm

Re: Serviio stopped working after upgrading to Diskstation 6

I think there are issues with Serviio and DSM6 on some models. On my DS213j I could not get Serviio working no matter what I tried. I finally had to downgrade back to DSM 5.2 and Serviio 1.5.2. I would not recommend doing this unless, like me, Serviio is something you can't live without as some apps (Cloudstation,etc.) will stop working.
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:02 am

Re: Serviio stopped working after upgrading to Diskstation 6

This might help: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=21845

Return to NAS installation