FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

HOWTO: Serviio on QNAP TS-419P+ (ARM)

<<

N171N

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:10 pm

Re: HOWTO: Serviio on QNAP TS-419P+ (ARM)

ashp wrote:I got servioo working after following the instructions ( v 0.6.1) is the one I used in qpkg form.
It installed fine after I put in the embedded jre that had to be installed first and enabled.

Que I have is what do I use for the "local path" when I want to create a share so these files in the NAs box ( 419p+) can be seen on the dnla server ?
There are 2 options servioo gives - local path and path.

So say I have my files in the following folder from the root in the Qnap - /shared/ash/files
What do I put in the servioo page for sharing, do I use local path, path ?

thanks.

Once servioo was up and running on the nas , the lg tv ( 980t) sees it fine. Now just need to share the folders so can actualyl play some stuff thru it.

you can just just local path and browse the the files. Alternatively you can use the guide on the QNAP forum and use the windows serviio console to administer serviio, which I find more stable. When using this approach, it is better to us 'path'
<<

SuperMaximus

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:59 am

I have Serviio 0.6.0.1 installed on my QNAP TS-119P II (ARM)
and Transcoding is selected (I vae some mkv-s that my LG TV can display but there is unknown audio codec, that's why I need to use transcoding).
However in Serviio Renderer Profile the Generic Profile can not be changed for my LG TV. I can select LG TV / player however as soon as I press Save it reverts back to Generic.
Asn morever Serve Stops as I choos Save and If i start it again, - the Generic comes back.

Device name is displayed as MediaRenderer...

Please help.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:20 pm

SuperMaximus wrote:I have Serviio 0.6.0.1 installed on my QNAP TS-119P II (ARM)
and Transcoding is selected (I vae some mkv-s that my LG TV can display but there is unknown audio codec, that's why I need to use transcoding).
However in Serviio Renderer Profile the Generic Profile can not be changed for my LG TV. I can select LG TV / player however as soon as I press Save it reverts back to Generic.
Asn morever Serve Stops as I choos Save and If i start it again, - the Generic comes back.

Device name is displayed as MediaRenderer...

Please help.

You are using a positively ancient version of Serviio. There's really no way we can offer support for that version. I'm unfamiliar with the various versions of Serviio for NAS devices, but the download page does show a current (1.9.2) version for QNAP devices.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
Previous

Return to NAS installation