FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

New DS218play with ARMv8 = Serviio is dead ... plz Help!!

<<

Meelis

DLNA master

Post Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:39 am

Re: New DS218play with ARMv8 = Serviio is dead ... plz Help!

korttoma wrote:Has there been any more recent attempts to support Serviio on the DS218Play?
Just got myself a DS218Play and I would really like to use Serviio on it but I did not even manage to install "Java SE Embedded 8".
Testing PLEX media server at the moment but I like serviio more since I have been using it for years on my older DS214Play.

Br,
Tomas

Hi Tomas,

I used DS218+ and works fine. Use guides from forum.
<<

alistair48

Serviio newbie

Post Thu May 07, 2020 10:06 am

Re: New DS218play with ARMv8 = Serviio is dead ... plz Help!

korttoma wrote:Has there been any more recent attempts to support Serviio on the DS218Play?
Just got myself a DS218Play and I would really like to use Serviio on it but I did not even manage to install "Java SE Embedded 8".
Testing PLEX media server at the moment but I like serviio more since I have been using it for years on my older DS214Play.

Br,
Tomas

I have today installed Serviio 2.0 on my DS218Play. Had trouble installing Java SE Embedded 8 because it wanted a different tar.gz from the one I had provided it in the new shared 'public' folder that I first had to create. I had provided jdk-8u251 etc etc but it needed jdk-8u211-linux-arm64-vfp-hflt-tar-gz Googled that file. downloaded to PC then copied to shared public folder on NAS and Java installation then worked fine, followed by Serviio install.

Nice to get Serviio up. The whole purpose on getting the NAS was to replace the 3 hard disks on the PC before I need to upgrade. And I hate Plex.
Previous

Return to NAS installation