FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Serviio docker

<<

MrMattWard

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:31 pm

Re: Serviio docker

OK so after a bit of more investigation i found a service running on my Synology called miniSSDPD which was occupying port 1900. I tried killing the process and it kept spawning so i found out that it is a network service that you can switch off from within the File Services Control Panel. Its in the Advanced menu option and its called SSDP... apparently a service that helps Windows workstations find the Synology.
<<

MrMattWard

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:52 pm

OK So that fixed the Port issues but its not being found by my PS3's i guess because the IP addresses for Dockers are not visable to my home network... Whats the fix for that??
<<

Cobba52

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:02 am

Hi Everyone
Have read these posts to help with a problem I am having.
70 year young and retired so decided to setup a Nas and after extensive reearch decided to use an old pc running debian, omv5 and docker
I am also new at linux but have learned a lot in the ;ast 2 weeks.
Problem I have is I cannot access the web ui after deploying the container and i am sure that it is to do with networks.
unfortunately (or fortunately) omv5 deploys docker containers through portainer and I cannot find any way to bind the network to the local network. I believe portainer uses netaddress of 172.17.0.1 which would explain why i cant see it.
Would appreciate any help I can get. Cannot find any explicit answers to my dilemma. Also happy new year
<<

Proicho

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:33 am

Exactly the same issue here. Installed and it's running fine. I have access to the web UI and media. The library is up and running, detecting new files etc. I am even seeing clients -> LG TV, windows media player from the other pc, VLC from android device etc. The issue is that they are not seeing the server. The UDP port is mapped and used only by serviio - made sure of that. When i was having issues with this on my PC it was because i have selected the wrong ethernet device for serviio to use. When selectig the proper one - everything was fine.

Now i have the issue where i can not actually select my static ip, delegated by the router. I only see some docker networks. I have tried selecting each of those - no luck. The current setup is OMV5 (OpenMediaVault -> Debian) and serviio running in docker container.

I have tried almost everything i saw with different network modes (bridge, host, etc.). Started experimenting with macvlan configuration, but so far haven't had any success. The service is only available inside the docker.

Any suggestion would be nice.

Okay i have made it work. It's not the ideal solution yet, because it requires some manual work on restart, but it's something.

Docker-compose:
  Code:
version: '3'

services:
  serviio:
    image: riftbit/serviio:latest
    network_mode: MacLan
    dns:
    ports:
     - "23423:23423/tcp"
     - "8895:8895/tcp"
     - "1900:1900/udp"
    volumes:
     - <physical-path-on-hdd>/Config/serviio/library:/opt/serviio/library
     - <physical-path-on-hdd>/Config/serviio/plugins:/opt/serviio/plugins
     - <physical-path-on-hdd>/Config/serviio/log:/opt/serviio/log
     - <physical-path-on-hdd>:/media/serviio

The MacLan network is newly created macvlan network, to expose the container to the lan network. This video was extremely helpful, because it's a little strange how to work with macvlan ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HCHkMV-Icc ) - first i have created the following config:

Macvlanconfig:
IPV4 Subnet - 192.168.1.0/24
IPV4 IP range - 192.168.1.150/29
IPV4 Gateway - 192.168.1.1
IPV4 Excluded Ips

After that i have created the following network to be attached to the service:

MacLan:
Driver macvlan
Scope swarm
Attachable true
Internal false

Now that i have the network i have to manually add the network to the created service, beause for some reason it does not attach on creation, even though it's set in the compose. Here it will be quite nice to have some help on how to automatically join the container/service to the network, because i haven't tested what will happen on restart.

The other small change in the composer file is specifying the DNS, beause with this macvlan network the container is requesting an IP from the router, and it's not waiting for one to be asigned with DHCP, which means there is no DNS assigned also. If you don't specify a DNS then the movies/tv series is not being fetched from whereever it needs to fetch those.

When attaching the service to the MacLan (the created macvlan network) i can see in the Serviio console > Network Settings that on eth0 i have the proper local IP assigned to the container ( in my case 192.168.1.149).

After setting the proper adapter (eth0) with the proper IP 192.168.bla.bla now Serviio advertizes itself properly in the network and all network devices (TV, Android phones, even Windows Media Player on my desktop) see the Serviio server and also can access it as any other DLNA server.

So if anyone can help me a bit with the following to make the setup self-sufficient it would be nice:
First issue: How to make the macvlan network ot get an IP from the router's DHCP with DNS?
Second issue: How to make the service to attach itself to the network ot create, so that in case of restart everything will boot properly without the need of any manual intervention?
<<

Acetone

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sat Dec 24, 2022 2:44 pm

MrMattWard wrote:OK So that fixed the Port issues but its not being found by my PS3's i guess because the IP addresses for Dockers are not visable to my home network... Whats the fix for that??

Did you ever sort out how to get it to show in DLNA as that the part I'm struggling with.

I can get to the console and see it reading the media files from the shared folders to the library, but I cant see Serviio on DNLA device nor the media browser
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sun Dec 25, 2022 9:47 pm

Acetone wrote:
MrMattWard wrote:OK So that fixed the Port issues but its not being found by my PS3's i guess because the IP addresses for Dockers are not visable to my home network... Whats the fix for that??

Did you ever sort out how to get it to show in DLNA as that the part I'm struggling with.

I can get to the console and see it reading the media files from the shared folders to the library, but I cant see Serviio on DNLA device nor the media browser

You haven't provided enough information for us to help. What is Serviio running on, how is it connected to your home network, and what sort of devices are you trying to use to connect?
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

Acetone

Streaming enthusiast

Post Mon Dec 26, 2022 11:13 am

I'm running Serviio 2.3 in Docker on a Synology Nas DSM 7.1 try to connect to a Pioneer N50A and Sony Braiva TV

I ran Serviio 2.0 on DSM 6.3 very successfully in the past onto the same Pioneer N50A

Using the soerentsch/serviio docker pakage my setup is

Screen Shot 2022-12-26 at 11.04.27.jpeg
Screen Shot 2022-12-26 at 11.04.27.jpeg (66.74 KiB) Viewed 6864 times

Going to myip:60423/console/#/app/welcome shows the console as normal, it reading the shared folders library no problem, but I can't get to the mediabrowser of Serviio not does it show up on my Pioneer N50A or Sony TV

When going to myip::6201/mediabrowser

Screen Shot 2022-12-26 at 11.12.36.jpeg
Screen Shot 2022-12-26 at 11.12.36.jpeg (63.49 KiB) Viewed 6864 times
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Mon Dec 26, 2022 7:43 pm

I'm not familiar with NAS devices nor the docker function. Just a guess, but there's either a networking issue (is it possible the docker function uses a different IP address than the NAS itself?) or a permissions issue. I can't offer any suggestions for either scenario. But I have seen some NAS users state they had to give Java full permissions to get their install to work. Since your console is apparently working, I would expect Java has the permissions needed. But perhaps there's something further that it needs access for.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

soerentsch

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:20 pm

Hi @Acetone,

regarding your port mapping table:
- Port 1900/udp MUST be mapp to 1900/udp. This port is specified by the UPnP protocols. Otherwise your DLNA Clients can't find your Serviio Server.
- Port 8895/tcp MUST be mapp to 8895/tcp. This port ist currently hardcoded by Serviio to deploy the media.

Regards and still a happy new year,
Soeren
<<

Acetone

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:46 am

I'm now getting the following problem.

Screen Shot 2023-01-14 at 11.44.04.jpeg
Screen Shot 2023-01-14 at 11.44.04.jpeg (98.55 KiB) Viewed 6635 times
<<

chrisw

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:24 am

Do you have multiple docker containers set up from testing or prior migration? Are you using Host or Bridge network?

On my DS918+ I deployed the Soerentsch Serviio image. Due to shortcomings of my UDM Pro's OS, I had to hook up the second LAN to another switchport to sit on the same VLAN as my TV for DLNA traffic (no IGMP Proxy in Unifi OS). However that was all that was required.

I use Host networking as opposed to Bridge networking, so I didn't need to set up any forwards. I first disabled the Synology Media Server in Package Center. Once up, the Serviio web interface was then reachable from http://<nas.lan.ip.address>:23423/console/ .

Incidentally, I've noticed that despite configuring read/write access to my virtual volume mapped to my media folder, Serviio apparently isn't updating my list of files if new ones are added to existing shared folders. It will enumerate existing files fine if I restart the Docker container, but subsequent new files don't ever get shared. Like others have noted, I may end up having to enable the Poller mechanism for each share. This is the "Use the poller mechanism for monitoring this folder" option, accessed via the Edit button next to each shared folder.
Hi mum!
<<

ilikewatchingmovies

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:29 pm

Hello there. I too am also failing to get serviio working on my Synology NAS DS220+ through docker. Note: It was working fine for many months unitll a few days ago... Suddenly, no dlna capable device in the house is detecting it...

I have been using the docker image riftbit/serviio that has stopped working so today I also tried soerentsch/serviio but that doesn't work also. I have have tried running them in both brige mode and host mode, the latter being the one that worked in the past

Neither of the docker containers show any errors on the logs. They seem to be working fine in the container but my TV is no longer detecting it.

My TV does detect a normal-installation-serviio instance that is running on a seperate computer so this really seems like a docker-specific problem.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you!
<<

flaksy

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:01 am

I have to confirm it's working. I am using Soerentsch serviio 2.3 through docker on DS224+ DSM 7.2 and it works like a charm. I followed instructions on https://hub.docker.com/r/soerentsch/serviio
The only difference from the "guide" I have encountered is that I had to disable mapping for /opt/serviio/config , else it would shutdown right after start.

Also enabling restart policy for the serviio container results in autostart of the container after NAS reboot or NAS boot after shutdown, so that way serviio is always up and running.
<<

Charles Francis H.

Streaming enthusiast

Post Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:37 pm

Acetone wrote:I'm now getting the following problem.

Screen Shot 2023-01-14 at 11.44.04.jpeg

Hello everyone. I have exactly the same problem: It took a while but I got soerentsch/serviio docker image running but the TV does not see it and if I try to change the local ports to 1900 and 8895 it sais there are other ports the syno already uses. Before setting up soerentsch/serviio docker image with DSM 7 servio 1 as explicit syno app was running for years on that syno and I uninstalled that app before updating to DSM 7 and changing to docker. Could that be some kind of old config and does anybody know how to check and delet this?
<<

Meelis

DLNA master

Post Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:04 pm

I did today i try with installing "docker" (with old name). Now its called "Container Manager" In DSM "7.2.1-69057 Update 4". I didn't managed it to work. Can someone make a full guide how to installit. Explain settings and folders.
I reached till it gived stopped unexpectly and nothing else.
Previous

Return to NAS installation