FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Serviio on Synology keeps stopping

<<

a7mag3ddon

Streaming enthusiast

Post Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:08 am

Serviio on Synology keeps stopping

Hello,

I have been running Serviio Pro on my synology box for over a year without a problem, 2 days ago i installed 1 new hard drive (which i have done several times over the last year) and now every 2 or 3 minutes Serviio just stoops.

Things that may be important to know, Serviio is installed on Volume1 but the media is on an extension box to the main synology and has not had any hdd upgrades, i have not upgraded DSM either.

This morning i installed the latest 2.x version and it seemed stable so i bought the license and added it and within 5 minutes the server stopped again.

Nothing has really changed on my NAS since first installing it and up to 2 days ago has been running perfectly.

are there any logs i can look at to see whats going on? its really frustrating and i use the media server alot.

Thanks
<<

a7mag3ddon

Streaming enthusiast

Post Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:12 am

Re: Serviio on Synology keeps stopping

still not working, keeps stopping after re-starting
<<

a7mag3ddon

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:26 am

Re: Serviio on Synology keeps stopping

Hello?

Still have this issue which i believe to be caused by running out of java space.

Is there anything i can do to increase space? I have the folders already in situe on the NAS, i cant remove from serviio as this also crashes the service.

Whats the limit on number of files/ folders you can have in one pot ?

Return to NAS installation