FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Serviio v2.2 on QNAP TS-251A QTS 5.0

<<

Kopasz

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:56 pm

Serviio v2.2 on QNAP TS-251A QTS 5.0

Dear Sirs,
I've just updated to QTS 5.0 and to Serviio v2.2 on my TS-251A and it seems my devices can't see Serviio DLNA server anymore. The GUI is working, I can see my shared content there, but none of my TVs or other devices on my network can detect Serviio and Serviio can not see them neither; all of the devices are unknown or inactive under connected devices.
Your suggestions to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You very much in advance!
<<

mikycol

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:04 pm

Re: Serviio v2.2 on QNAP TS-251A QTS 5.0

I have the same problem with TS-251D
<<

Kopasz

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:41 pm

I am really sorry, I forgot to post the solution here, which I found on the forum; in more topics actually. It is a pretty old and well known issue in some cases where the Serviio server has more ethernet interfaces.
The problem was simply the wrong IP address binding.
On the Serviio console open status, scroll down a bit and find network settings. There the IP address binding is set to auto. In my case, I think QTS 5.0 introduced some new networking features, so the auto binding (default) was not working. I set it to use the correct IP address with the right interface and voilá. :)
<<

mikycol

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:06 pm

Kopasz wrote:I am really sorry, I forgot to post the solution here, which I found on the forum; in more topics actually. It is a pretty old and well known issue in some cases where the Serviio server has more ethernet interfaces.
The problem was simply the wrong IP address binding.
On the Serviio console open status, scroll down a bit and find network settings. There the IP address binding is set to auto. In my case, I think QTS 5.0 introduced some new networking features, so the auto binding (default) was not working. I set it to use the correct IP address with the right interface and voilá. :)

Ty

Now, i have another problem :(. I add new file under the serviio folder, the servio load with success the file, but no device sees the new file. :(
<<

Kopasz

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:35 pm

I do not know that one. I would force update my collection under shared folders.

Return to NAS installation