FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Serviio - how to add network folder

<<

milyss

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:35 pm

Serviio - how to add network folder

Hello, is there any way to add a network folder in Serviio in the Library that is already mapped to a local PC?
When I want to add a shared folder, I only see local disks, not network folders.
Thank you. Milyss
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:40 pm

Re: Serviio - how to add network folder

Serviio runs as a different user than the account that has mapped network drives. On Windows, it runs as a Local Service, with little network access. The easiest thing to do it to change the user account that Serviio uses to the same user account that has the mapped drives, i.e. the user account you normally use on the computer. For Windows, this is done using the Services app, scroll down to Serviio, and change the user account used.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

blue-apple

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:31 pm

Forgive me if I'm asking stupid questions as I'm a complete novice in this area and very technical answers will probably just confuse me. I'm not sure if my problem is similar to this one. I am trying to map to a network HD on my router USB port. I've use the windows explorer mapping of \\*router name*\usb1\Music. This is the same as I used for my old service, TV Mobili and which I use for my Bluesound players. I've totally failed to get this recognised in a number of other products. Am I doing the right thing or is it a step to far?
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:14 am

blue-apple, welcome! See the post directly above yours. Serviio run on Windows as a local service, which has little to no network access. I can't speak about the other products you're trying.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to NAS installation