FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Cab not Acess Meia Browser

<<

curiouse

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:56 pm

Cab not Acess Meia Browser

I downloaded and set up Serviio yesteray and everything went well but now theres no way i can get into the Media Browser . Whn i set it up I emptied my Video folder and added it to the library then populeated it one folder at a time until there were 54 files in it .
I went to the Media Browser and went through everything to make sure noting was missing and even plaeyd a couple of files while i was there , i then turned the TV on and Serviio with all the files were showing and playing without Issues .
Tonight i loaded Serviio Consul and notings changed excetp it wil no allow me to open the Media Browser , i know the pssoword is correct but it just says unknown user each time i try .
I have deleted all my history and cookies from the laptop and cmpletelty removed Serviio and installed it again , i know its a fresh install as it snow hows a different user ID .
I proceeded to set it up as i did last night with user name and password then afters saving everything i clicked Media Browser but same problem , User Unknown .
I was impressed with the Media Browsers functions and planned to upgrade to the Paid version but now i dont know what to do , ii have spent hours on this issue and getting to a point where im looking at alternatives but thought give the forum a try before throwing in the towel .
Any advice would be very much appreciated
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:54 pm

Re: Can not Acess Media Browser

I'm not certain what you're doing wrong. I have Serviio on two different computers and MediaBrowser works just fine.

Since you posted this under the NAS section, what device have you installed Serviio on? What version of Serviio? I understand you created user accounts with passwords, but did you grant those users access to your shared library locations? That must also be done for MediaBrowser to show your available media to that user.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

curiouse

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:50 pm

Re: Can not Acess Media Browser

atc98092 wrote:I'm not certain what you're doing wrong. I have Serviio on two different computers and MediaBrowser works just fine.

Since you posted this under the NAS section, what device have you installed Serviio on? What version of Serviio? I understand you created user accounts with passwords, but did you grant those users access to your shared library locations? That must also be done for MediaBrowser to show your available media to that user.

Thank you but i have now solved the issue but not sure why . I ha granted permission because last night it was al working fine both loading and playing , othing had changed since i sut the laptop down last night and re booted tonight .

What i did afermaking the post was to create anothey user , i called it , SOD THIS , i then gave it a pasword , PAINI THE BUTT , granted permissions and saved . It worked , Mdia browser opened first try , next i logged out and tried again with the origional user and password that worked last night but no way would it work previously tonight but it did now , same user name , same passwod as i have been tryung for hours tnight .¡that for some reason has become recognised an no longer an UNKNOWN USER .

I have now deleted the test user and im able to logg off and back on to the the media browser without problems , , as i say i cant explaine why it worked but it has .

Return to NAS installation