FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

PACKAGE: Serviio 2.1 - Synology NAS, with HW transcoding!

<<

shragicz

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:54 pm

Re: PACKAGE: Serviio 1.0.1 for Synolgy NAS (ARM & Intel)

<<

wdelacruz

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:26 pm

Re: PACKAGE: Serviio 0.6 for Synolgy NAS (ARM & Intel) + Web

Hi Patters,

I think I am having the same problem as Luis.

I am currently in possession of a Synology DS212j (DSM 4.1) NAS. The installation of Serviio and Java on the ds212j went flawless.
Also the installation of the remote console on my Windows 7 PC went flawless.

When I am trying to watch some movies on my Sony KDL-46EX700 (PKG4.114EUL-0108) I have noticed that movies with extension *MPG work fine but *. AVI are stuttering.

I found a lot of solutions about transcoding, editing the profile.xml and changing birates but for me as a newbe its all abracadabra.

Can you or somebody else help me?

Ps. On my Samsung Galaxy S Tab 8.9 I can watch all the movies true allshare with out stuttering.

Thank You in advanced.

Wrr

lbriso wrote:
patters wrote:Not yet. You could edit /volume1/@appstore/Serviio/bin/serviio.sh and edit the 384MB RAM allocation in the Java opts.
It works fine on 384 for my unit which has 256MB RAM, but I guess I could script it to be edited to a lower value for the J product line which only have 128MB RAM.

Hello Patters,

First of all, thank you again for your dedication to create simple ways to install Serviio in a NAS Synology.

I installed Serviio in my Synology DS411j which has 128Mb of RAM.

When from a Sony Bravia starts to play a transcoded video, the video begins to look but suffers cuts every 2 or 3 seconds. The processor of the NAS is at 95-100% with ffmpeg process.

I've seen you say you think you could adapt the script for a unit of 128 Mb

Is it possible to transcode the content in any way to properly view a video in a DS411j?

Sorry for my bad English, I try to explain everything as simply as I know.

Thank you for your attention.

Luis.
<<

patters

DLNA master

Post Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:11 am

A NAS with an ARM CPU isn't powerful enough for video transcoding. You could perhaps buy a DLNA enabled bluray player with better format support to eliminate this need.
LG OLED55B8PLA | PS4 Pro | Xbox One S | Synology DS214play
Serviio 2.1 package for Synology NAS - with limited hardware transcoding support!
<<

wdelacruz

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:29 pm

patters wrote:A NAS with an ARM CPU isn't powerful enough for video transcoding. You could perhaps buy a DLNA enabled bluray player with better format support to eliminate this need.

Thanks for the reply.

I will look in to that.
<<

patters

DLNA master

Post Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:14 pm

Re: PACKAGE: Serviio 1.0.1 for Synolgy NAS (ARM, Intel & Qor

I forgot to mention here that I got FFmpeg compiled successfully for QorIQ CPUs, so the package now works on all the 2013 Synology product line-up.
Serviio 2.1 package for Synology NAS - with limited hardware transcoding support!
<<

1lomeno3

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: PACKAGE: Serviio 0.6.2 for Synolgy NAS (ARM & Intel)

patters wrote:I doubt there is a way forward on this power management issue, other than thechocobn's suggestion of disabling auto-refresh. Probably not until Serviio goes Java7-only which includes built-in filesystem watch abilities (using the Linux inotify feature instead of scanning through folders periodically).

Is there any new regarding automatic refresh (means on demand, not every specified interval in console)? I would really appreciate the same feature like default Synology Media Server (no need for manual refresh, just refresh when I add new file) because without it, Serviio is for me almost useless (I do not want to force refresh from PC or web a I do want to have a hybernation feature).

Thanks for reply!
<<

T68

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:09 pm

Sv: PACKAGE: Serviio 1.0.1 for Synolgy NAS (ARM, Intel & Qor

Did I use the wrong java package?
When I installed Serviio on my Ds212j I chose to install the java package that was available in the package center in DSM. Now, doing some readup I se recommendations to use a customized package. Is that so, or have I misunderstood?

Skickat från min HTC Desire via Tapatalk 2
<<

jjLDN

Streaming enthusiast

Post Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:10 pm

Hi @patters
Could you help me please to create a profile for Asus O!Play HDP-R1?
I have browsed that forum back and forth and none found.
I use DS 712+ and built-in Media Server works perfectly fine.
I can use fast forward feature and rewind both x8 and every time it happened to open a file I have watched before it asks me if I would like to resume or start over. Media server recognizes player as Realtek Media Center and uses that profile.
Serviio instead, which I have mentioned in my comment in your blog post, doesn't come with right profile for my device and using different profiles is causing one file type to play but not the other and so on, I am not able to use rewind at all and fast forward works only x2.
You told me few steps to create the profile for my device for Serviio, but I think if is there any way we could retrieve the deafult settings for Realtek profile form Synology Media Server and if is it possible to start using the features I mentioned before possible at all.
The another reason I ask for the profile is I played recently with online streams and I have managed to get the green tick while setting up in seerviio console, but my media player is able to play them once in five tries and usually stucks after few seconds, while using XBMC on my laptop I am able to play some of them nearly every time (some of them despite of green tick are not playable at all). Even though serviio recognizes my laptop as Windows Media Player and uses generic profile (there is no XBMC profile - which on the other hand comes with Synology Media Server).
So I suspect that might be issue with my Asus O!Play.
Please HELP!

After posting this I have tried to change profile for my laptop (XBMC) for Xbox 360 as I believed the closest one to the thing and I managed to stream all streams I have added (green tick). So I am sure the issue is due to lack of proper profile for my Asus O!Play
DS712+ DSM 4.1 - 2668
DS412+ DSM 4.1 - 2668
Samsung Galaxy S Android ICS 4.2.1 - CM10.1
Netgear WNDR 3700 Gargoyle 1.5.8.5 (r34827) by obsy,
Asus O!Play HDP-R1 (bootcode 23) amp R8 pohd 7317
<<

T68

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:44 pm

Hi! Any news on the 1.1 version for Synology?
<<

patters

DLNA master

Post Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:55 pm

Re: PACKAGE: Serviio 1.1 for Synolgy NAS (ARM, Intel & QorIQ

Serviio 1.1 package released! DSM's Package Centre will offer you the update. Remember to update the Serviio Remote Console on your PC too.
<<

T68

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:46 pm

Sv: PACKAGE: Serviio 1.1 for Synolgy NAS (ARM, Intel & QorIQ

How do I get pro-version of the Synology install of Serviio?

Skickat från min HTC Desire via Tapatalk 2
<<

patters

DLNA master

Post Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:18 am

You install the usual package, then upload your licence key using the Serviio Remote Console running from your computer.
<<

lukaszko

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:17 am

Has anyone tested the serviio and DS213+ or other server with QorlQ?
<<

Morbeas

Streaming enthusiast

Post Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:17 pm

Patters, could you please help? viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8958&p=61674#p61674

Thanks in advance.
<<

patters

DLNA master

Post Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:52 pm

Re: PACKAGE: Serviio 1.2 for Synolgy NAS (ARM, Intel & QorIQ

Updated package to Serviio 1.2.
<<

Morbeas

Streaming enthusiast

Post Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:18 pm

Thank you. Is there a changelog somewhere?
<<

patters

DLNA master

Post Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:34 am

As linked to in my main Serviio for Synology page:
http://www.serviio.org/download/9-relea ... -notes-1-2
<<

patters

DLNA master

Post Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:25 pm

Re: PACKAGE: Serviio 1.2.1 for Synolgy NAS (ARM, Intel & Qor

Package updated to Serviio 1.2.1. FFmpeg recompiled so that libRTMP is built from the source code made available on the Serviio download page.
<<

krikkevw

Serviio newbie

Post Mon May 20, 2013 7:09 pm

Re: PACKAGE: Serviio 1.2.1 for Synolgy NAS (ARM, Intel & Qor

patters wrote:Package updated to Serviio 1.2.1. FFmpeg recompiled so that libRTMP is built from the source code made available on the Serviio download page.

Patters, first of all nice job with this Synology package! This is the only media server which works fine from my Synology ds212j to my Sony bdp s790 blu-ray player for mkv streaming. Thumbs up for the serviio developers too :).

However, I have a strange problem with network speed while this package, serviio service is running on my Synology ds212j NAS. Transfer speeds are suddenly limited to +/- 20mb average speed when I try to transfer a big file from or to my windows 8 laptop.

I already started a thread about it here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=10488&p=69768#p69768 (sorry, don't want to double post).

Do you have any idea what might be the problem?

krikke
<<

andyfine

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:05 am

Re: PACKAGE: Serviio 1.2.1 - Synology NAS (ARMv5&v7 Intel Qo

Hi Patters,
I was using my MBP (MacBook Pro) as a server for the TV's we have and Serviio is without a doubt the best server for DLNA profiles. I purchased a Synology 213+ and am following the setup procedure that you have. The early steps I'm having trouble with - Adding the package source gives me no added packages after a refresh. I've checked the address numerous times and am still having trouble
Am I right in reading the forums that the processor the 213+ has will not be good enough for transcoding? I've connected the NAS to a Gigabit port on our switch and hope that to get video on the various TVs that it doesn't have to go via WiFi to my MBP, get transcoded, then to the TVs. Am I right in thinking that with Serviio installed on the NAS that videos will go directly to the TVs, via wireless routers that I have? Otherwise could I just have the Serviio Console add the remote video folder and not worry about installing Serviio on the NAS?
Sorry for my low understanding of the systems
Kindly,
Andy
PreviousNext

Return to NAS installation