FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

PACKAGE: Serviio 2.1 - Synology NAS, with HW transcoding!

<<

xs2inattar

DLNA master

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:45 pm

plugins not loading

I placed the plugins in /volume1/public/serviio/plugins but they are not loading.

Serviio logs show the following messages.

2012-07-24 16:36:40,047 WARN [PluginCompilerThread] Plugins folder '/serviio/plugins' does not exist. No plugins will be compiled.

It is looking for /serviio/plugins.

so i created a symbolic link /serviio/plugins to point to /volume1/public/serviio/plugins
<<

patters

DLNA master

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:18 pm

Re: PACKAGE: Serviio 1.0 for Synolgy NAS (ARM & Intel)

Looks lke you may have deleted your 'public' shared folder (the one that's needed for the Java installation). Am I correct?
The installer script finds the location of the 'public' shared folder by inspecting the Samba config (it might not be on /volume1 you see). This is the same technique that I used for the Java package, so how did you successfully install that?
LG OLED55B8PLA | PS4 Pro | Xbox One S | Synology DS214play
Serviio 2.1 package for Synology NAS - with limited hardware transcoding support!
<<

filipeuff

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:15 pm

Hi,

Yesterday I upgraded my DSM to 4.1. Thereafter the serviio stopped working. I reinstalled the serviio version 1.0. Now it starts without error, however no computer network is the server dlna. What can I do to get back to work?

I apologize for my English.

Tks,
Filipe Xavier
<<

xs2inattar

DLNA master

Post Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:59 pm

patters wrote:Looks lke you may have deleted your 'public' shared folder (the one that's needed for the Java installation). Am I correct?
The installer script finds the location of the 'public' shared folder by inspecting the Samba config (it might not be on /volume1 you see). This is the same technique that I used for the Java package, so how did you successfully install that?

I dint use the java package. I downloaded and installed the Java SDK directly from Oracle.

I am also having one more issue, my NAS does not seem to go into hibernate mode after installing 1.0. Any ideas???
<<

kbundy

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:59 am

Hi have upgraded to the new version but when I try and log in thought the web interface it says it need a password that must be setup from the console.

I followed your instructions for accessing the console from OSX and added the text to the plist file

<key>Properties</key>
<dict>
<key>serviio.home</key>
<string>$JAVAROOT</string>
<key>java.net.preferIPv4Stack</key>
<string>true</string>
<key>serviio.remoteHost</key>
<string>10.0.1.99</string>
</dict>

However when i try and run the console it bounces a couple of times in the dock then disappears without running.??

I am running OSX 10.8

Is my text in the listing correct.?? What am i doing wrong.
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:37 pm

Check the FAQ for information about running on 10.8, might help your problem
<<

pifpaf73

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:47 pm

Re: plugins not loading

xs2inattar wrote:I placed the plugins in /volume1/public/serviio/plugins but they are not loading.

Serviio logs show the following messages.

2012-07-24 16:36:40,047 WARN [PluginCompilerThread] Plugins folder '/serviio/plugins' does not exist. No plugins will be compiled.

It is looking for /serviio/plugins.

so i created a symbolic link /serviio/plugins to point to /volume1/public/serviio/plugins

Same problem, on dsm 4.1 i created /volume1/public/serviio/plugins or on ssh @appstore/serviio/plugins= i test to copy plugins here dont work

WARN [PluginCompilerThread] Plugins folder '/serviio/plugins' does not exist. No plugins will be compiled
<<

patters

DLNA master

Post Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:57 am

You probably don't have a 'public' shared folder. The installer looks for this the same way that the Java package does (by parsing the smb.conf file) because it might not be on volume1. If you create that and reinstall then it should be ok. Out of interest, did you install Java manually yourself?

I guess I could change the package to insert "/volume1" if that string ends up being null. To manually fix your issue, edit /volume1/@appstore/Serviio/bin/serviio.sh and look for the Serviio parameters, specifically -Dplugins.location=
Serviio 2.1 package for Synology NAS - with limited hardware transcoding support!
<<

pifpaf73

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:01 pm

install java /public/ folder

change path ok

next problem plugins and sony smp-n200 ...... not work :roll:
<<

tcviper

Streaming enthusiast

Post Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:36 pm

Any news on the 1.01 update for Synology?
Sony KDL-55W905A | KDL-32EX521 | 32W5500 | STR-DN1040 | MacMini | Synology 1511+ | Network Cisco
<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:38 pm

Marks updated his Web UI for 1.0.1 - http://wiki.serviio.org/doku.php?id=phpwebui

Works extremely well for QNAP, im sure it work well to for Synology NAS boxes too
Sony Bravia 2010 52NX803 - Sony PS3 - Xbox 360
Serviio running on QNAP NAS 639 Pro - 1.6 Intel Dual Core - 2GB RAM and QNAP NAS 121 - 2Ghz ARM Marvell - 1GB RAM
Console using ServiiDroid for Android, ServiiMetro and ServiiWP for Windows Phone and WebUI for iOS
<<

Scorp

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:14 pm

I'm having some trouble with Serviio. Well, not really Serviio, but i guess Java in the first place.

I've got an Synology DS209+ (DSM 4.0). I'm afraid its to outdated to work, but I promised myself that I would only watch the new Breaking Bad season if I could do it though DLNA via my NAS :'( So obviously I stumbled upon Serviio :).

Is my NAS even capable of running JAVA? and if, how? A lot of tutorials are driving me crazy and expecting me not to be a newb, but I am.

When is the Serviio package even being displayed in my Package Center? Not untill my Java is installed? Or wont it appear at all?

I Stumbled upon these:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/871 ... ogy-ds209/
http://pcloadletter.co.uk/2011/08/23/ja ... -synology/.
Which brought me upon downloading the "ejre-1_6_0_32-fcs-b05-linux-ppc-e500v2-headless-05_apr_2012.gz", which should be the right one, if i'm correct.

I tried installing it through the "Packaging Centre", but now i realize that was pretty darn stupid :P, it should be installed through the console, right?

Could anyone push me in the right direction? As you can see/read I'm not a genius when it comes to the Linux OS.

Thanks in advance!

=== Edit: Aditional information after a second try ===
When going through the tutorial pcloadletter.co.uk (2nd url above) I keep getting the "Failed to rename ####" - "No such file or directory".
<<

patters

DLNA master

Post Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:41 am

The PowerPC e500 Java build from Oracle requires a newer glibc library than your Synology's Linux uses so although there is technically a build for your CPU, you won't be able to use it I'm afraid.
<<

Heffaklump

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:54 pm

I´m on the verge of giving up. I have a DS212j and I managed to install java and serviio on my NAS as well as the serviio console on my computer. I can add folders (tried both local and add path) Both of them makes me able to see the folders from my Bravida TV (2011) but I can´t find any of the movies in any of the test folders I´ve added. I have also tried any combinations of user privileges (read only for serviio) as well as trying both shared and regular folders. What ever I try and what ever I do I just can´t find any of the movies (tried several video formats) I just don´t know what to try any more...

Using the regular media server works ok but I really like serviio.

Any suggestions?

Btw: If I by some chance get this to work (with your guys help) would it be possible to run a servillo server both on my computer and on the nas? Only using the one computer and the nas? My computer has much more transcoding capabilities.

Edit: I sent it back and got the money. Buying a 213+ instead... So I guess no Serviio package for me. Though I read on the synology homepage that you could use something called Plex Media Server (http://www.synology.com/products/compare_spec.php?lang=enu&product_id_list=109%2C108#compare_show_top) I know it´s not Serviio but it ought to be better than the basic software..

/Heffa
<<

Chemelli

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:22 pm

Re: PACKAGE: Serviio 1.0.1 for Synolgy NAS (ARM & Intel)

Hi,

As I don't see and reference to CPU in the new DS213 model page at http://www.synology.com/products/spec.p ... #p_submenu, and I see from the home page that only Intel CPU are supported. Questione is: would Serviio run on this NAS?

Thank you

Simone
<<

Heffaklump

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:52 pm

I just got the new 213+ model with Dual Core 1.067 GHz, and I'm having trouble installing serviio on my NAS. I can´t even apply the first steps in the instructions (I also upgraded to DSM 4.1)

Btw: Is it possible to both run serviio on your PC and on your NAS? So I can use both as media servers? From what I understand right now I have to chose, either one or the other...

adding http://packages.pcloadletter.co.uk works but I can see CraftBukkit, Minecraft and OpenRemote. But no Serviio?
I´m on a DS213+ and using DSM4.1. Can my Synology which has Dual Core 1.067 GHz and 512DDR3 run synology?

And please answer my question above, can I run serviio mediaserver on both my PC and my NAS and still control them both from my PC?
<<

patters

DLNA master

Post Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:07 am

I'm afraid you can't currently run Java on any PowerPC CPU Synology products, even those new models. Oracle's Java for PowerPC has a dependency on glibc 2.4 and the Linux version these PowerPC units run is compiled with glibc 2.3.4.

By all means investigate if you're technically savvy but so far no one has come up with a solution.
<<

Heffaklump

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:54 pm

Sv: PACKAGE: Serviio 1.0.1 for Synolgy NAS (ARM & Intel)

patters wrote:I'm afraid you can't currently run Java on any PowerPC CPU Synology products, even those new models. Oracle's Java for PowerPC has a dependency on glibc 2.4 and the Linux version these PowerPC units run is compiled with glibc 2.3.4.

By all means investigate if you're technically savvy but so far no one has come up with a solution.

But I'm not technically savvy :'(

Isn't there anything I can do to get transcoding on my DS213+?

Mr Taptalk
<<

patters

DLNA master

Post Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:01 am

It looks like this may be possible after all. The new PowerPC models use a Qoriq processor, and it seems now that the DSM 4.1 toolchains have been published that Synology have moved to using eglibc 2.8. Someone is doing some testing for me, and if that succeeds then I should be able to get something built.
<<

shragicz

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:29 am

patters wrote:It looks like this may be possible after all. The new PowerPC models use a Qoriq processor, and it seems now that the DSM 4.1 toolchains have been published that Synology have moved to using eglibc 2.8. Someone is doing some testing for me, and if that succeeds then I should be able to get something built.

Hi, do you have any news on this? I am going to purchase DS213+, but I am waiting until the problem is resolved

Thank you

M.
PreviousNext

Return to NAS installation