FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Access profiles.xml on a Synology Diskstation

<<

KevinH

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:05 pm

Access profiles.xml on a Synology Diskstation

I'm new using serviio and have successfully installed it on my Synology Diskstation DS111. I have a sony smp-n200 that I want to set a rendering profile for. I have found your profile info for it on the device sink field page, but am completely unfamiliar with how to access the profiles.xml file on the synology in order to modify and update it. Basically, I do not know the path to the file. I am using a Mac (OS X Lion) to access the synology diskstation. Apologies in advance for what perhaps seems to be such a basic question, but all the forum searches I do seem to only offer path info for installations directly on a Mac or Windows and I cannot navigate to the profiles.xml that I presume should exist on the synology. I am unfamiliar with using terminal on the mac if this is the method used, so would need help with the navigating paths. Thanks in advance for any assistance and apologies if this is the wrong area to post.
<<

Northguy

Streaming enthusiast

Post Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:23 pm

Re: Access profiles.xml on a Synology Diskstation

I am assuming you have installed the Synology package from pcloadletter.co.uk and you do not have a bootstrapped Synology

First of all, enable telnet or SSH through the webadministration of your Synology:
Configuration > Terminal > Enable telnet
or
Configuration > Terminal > Enable SSH

Use Putty or a similar program to connect to your NAS.

When asked for login credentials: use user 'root' and your admin password. Please be aware of the potential risk using 'root'.

Serviio Package is installed in the following path: /volume1/@appstore/Serviio/ and config file is here: /volume1/@appstore/Serviio/config/

Use Nano editor or Vi to edit the xml file, or copy the file to a shared folder, make changes there and copy it back to it's original location.

For information on the linux commands to use in the on your synology: Google is your friend.... good luck.
<<

patters

DLNA master

Post Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:05 pm

I'm not sure that the SMP-N200 is radically different from its predecessor (which plays most formats natively). Is there a particular format that doesn't work for you?
LG OLED55B8PLA | PS4 Pro | Xbox One S | Synology DS214play
Serviio 2.1 package for Synology NAS - with limited hardware transcoding support!
<<

Uran255

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:13 pm

just remember you will need to have unix linefeed in the file, and you need to set file permission to 644 with chmod.

without correct file permission the Serviio will not load any profiles, not even profiles.xml if the permission on user-profiles.xml is incorrect.

If you have the wrong linefeed in user-profiles Servioo will load fine, but the device profiles from the user-profiles.xml will not be displayed in the profile list for the device..

Return to NAS installation