FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

serviidb.com

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:30 am

Re: serviidb.com

Just wondering how this is going. If you could get the following breaking changes done first, that would be great, I'm nearing being ready to release a version with basic support hopefully by the end of the day.
1) rename 'show' to 'name'
2) create /api/media
3) Add a combined search by name OR plugin (so you can type in youtube or 4od or 'the inbetweeners' and get anything that matches)
4) return a valid response with size = 0 and an empty list when a search doesn't find anything
5) Show me how to register an install
Will

ServiiDroid (Android Console) Developer: Download | Home | Support
ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/WiFi Playback App) Developer: Download | Home | Support
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:59 pm

Sorry been a busy weekend.

1. done

2. done

3. working on this and adding all the other fields.

4. check and see if the response is what you are wanting.

5. Working on this, will be a PUT command like below, but have not got it enabled yet.

Code:
http://serviidb.com/api/update?client=serviidroid&nid=45
Mark
Beta Tester Group
http://www.serviidb.com Online media resource repository

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:03 pm

1. :)

2. :)

3. By this i mean have ?title=XX for search by title, have ?plugin=XX for search by plugin and have it guess ?search=XXX to match against either title or plugin

4. :) - that good

5. OK
Will

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:15 am

Re 4. After playing with this a bit, your actually sending back an empty string for items which breaks my parser as it is expecting a list. Could you send back an empty list ("items":[]) rather than an empty string, or if you cannot do that, remove "items".

The other changes are good, my only point would be when you have time in the future, add mediaType to the video, audio and image responses, so that they match the media response, but that isn't a priority.
Will

<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:40 am

will wrote:Re 4. After playing with this a bit, your actually sending back an empty string for items which breaks my parser as it is expecting a list. Could you send back an empty list ("items":[]) rather than an empty string, or if you cannot do that, remove "items".

The other changes are good, my only point would be when you have time in the future, add mediaType to the video, audio and image responses, so that they match the media response, but that isn't a priority.

Check the response back for an empty list.

I should have all the fields added today to all the queries.
Mark
Beta Tester Group

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:24 pm

Thanks, that works now.
Will

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:37 am

Thanks for your work, this is coming along very nicely. The titleorplugin works well, we shall have to see if it is enough once we get feedback, but it should be an easy way to find content.

plugin=XXX returns everything, I assume that isn't set up just yet. Once that is done along with registering an install, that will be enough to get the first version of the app that supports the API released :)

As for the extra fields, we can either decide on the names now, i'll add them to the app, but not show them if they are null, or I can add them as they become available.

In the future I think being able to search against language will be important for non english speakers. Therefore, in addition to having that search option (language=XXX), being able to get a full list of available langauges and regions will be a big help.

So is the client field for fetching as well as making changes e.g. should i be adding client=ServiiDroid onto the end of my GET requests now?
Will

<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:45 pm

plugin=xxx should work fine now, I also started adding the field needed for feedback to serviidb. That field is nid. It is a unique number for each thing in the database.

I am working on langauge=xxx it is added, but need to add a line of code to add it to sql.

Actually cleaning up the sql and trying to combine media, video, image and audio into one sql with variables to determine what is returned. this will cutout a ton of the code and make it easier to add or change fields in the future.
Mark
Beta Tester Group

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:15 pm

moltra wrote:plugin=xxx should work fine now, I also started adding the field needed for feedback to serviidb. That field is nid. It is a unique number for each thing in the database.

I am working on langauge=xxx it is added, but need to add a line of code to add it to sql.

Actually cleaning up the sql and trying to combine media, video, image and audio into one sql with variables to determine what is returned. this will cutout a ton of the code and make it easier to add or change fields in the future.

Awsome. Should my GET requests have client=ServiiDroid on the end.

Do the PUT (http://serviidb.com/api/update?client=s ... oid&nid=45) work now, how should I test them?

If that is now ready, I can do the first release tonight.
Will

<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:23 pm

will wrote:
moltra wrote:plugin=xxx should work fine now, I also started adding the field needed for feedback to serviidb. That field is nid. It is a unique number for each thing in the database.

Awsome. Should my GET requests have client=ServiiDroid on the end.

Do the PUT (http://serviidb.com/api/update?client=s ... oid&nid=45) work now, how should I test them?

If that is now ready, I can do the first release tonight.

No it is not but I will try to get it working in the next hour.

for now I will have to tell you if it is working, but I can setup a daily report to be emailed to you.
Mark
Beta Tester Group

<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:25 pm

OK the update service is working like your example above but as a GET for now.

I know that doing that is not restful, but I will be fixing it as I clean up the code and simplify it. I will also be adding the rest of the fields in.

What kind of response you exspecting back from the update?

I hope to have that done by late afternoon tomorrow, maybe sooner depends on how it goes.
Mark
Beta Tester Group

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:35 pm

moltra wrote:OK the update service is working like your example above but as a GET for now.

I know that doing that is not restful, but I will be fixing it as I clean up the code and simplify it. I will also be adding the rest of the fields in.

I hope to have that done by late afternoon tomorrow, maybe sooner depends on how it goes.

OK. In that case I will hold off releasing the update until the update service is done as I can add the fields and just hide them if they aren't there yet, but the update service will require a code change.

Can we define all of the remaining filds now so that I can do them at my side.

quality (double from 0-5, 0 = no ratings, and the minmum that it can be rated is 1)
    reliability (same as above)
    installCount (integer 0 -> lots)

Anything else?

Now we just need to encourage people to add some more content :)

Just tried adding something to the site, Media Source didn't have a Live Stream option, can you add it.
Will

<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:52 pm

yes those are fine,

what about these.
resolution
thumbnail

optional.
mediaDescription - description of resource
category = ie tv show, nature, art

I think I might have the out update working, just cannot check here at work.

put http://serviidb.com/apidev/update?clien ... id&nid=999
Mark
Beta Tester Group

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:00 pm

moltra wrote:yes those are fine,

what about these.
resolution
thumbnail

optional.
mediaDescription - description of resource
category = ie tv show, nature, art

I think I might have the out update working, just cannot check here at work.

put http://serviidb.com/apidev/update?clien ... id&nid=999

What are the options for resultion?

Change thumbnail to thumbnailUrl.

Make sure you test mediaDescription properly as it could contain all sorts of chars, I would leave it for now though, add it later if people want it.

titleorplugin=XXX is returning everything again.

Here is what I get when trying the PUT through httprequester (firefox addon)

Code:
PUT http://serviidb.com/apidev/update?client=serviidroid&nid=999
Content-Type: text/html

-- response --
200 OK
Date:  Tue, 17 Apr 2012 16:59:35 GMT
Server:  Apache
X-Mod-Pagespeed:  0.9.17.7-778
Cache-Control:  max-age=0, no-cache, no-store
Vary:  Accept-Encoding
Content-Encoding:  gzip
Content-Length:  271
Keep-Alive:  timeout=15, max=96
Connection:  Keep-Alive
Content-Type:  text/html

<br/>
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_query() [<a href='function.mysql-query'>function.mysql-query</a>]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in <b>/home/content/20/8959120/html/apidev/task/TaskDataManager.php</b> on line <b>32</b><br/>
<br/>
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_query() [<a href='function.mysql-query'>function.mysql-query</a>]: A link to the server could not be established in <b>/home/content/20/8959120/html/apidev/task/TaskDataManager.php</b> on line <b>32</b><br/>
Error, insert query failed
Will

<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:05 pm

resolution is High Resolution or Standard Resolution. I can change that to HD and SD if needed.

I am not planning on adding the media decription as a search parameter, and it is limited to limited html no links.

the put worked there was 3 enties with the 999 nid.
Mark
Beta Tester Group

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:25 pm

No definitely not as a search parameter, keep search to title, plugin, titleorplugin, region, language, and then media type, that is more than enough.

Make it SD and HD.

Edit: Just tried to register Homeland through the app, did it work?
Will

<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:01 pm

no it did not. the last ones added was the 999 ones that you tried earlier.
Mark
Beta Tester Group

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:09 pm

Hmmm, I think maybe the 999 registered because I opened it in firefox a few times when copying urls.
Will

<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:09 pm

see you PM on how to check table.

also system time is MST USA
Mark
Beta Tester Group

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:19 pm

They get added when I do a GET but not when I do a PUT.
Will

PreviousNext

Return to Third-party tools integration