FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[OLD] ServiiGo - Android 3G/Wifi Playback App - Beta

<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:52 am

Re: ServiiGo - Android 3G/Wifi Playback App - Beta

I'd like to test out ServiiGo, however Google only supports Play on devices they choose, and unfortunately mine is not one of them.

Can you post your .apk either in the first post or on 4shared.com which has most of the other Google .apk's available to me.
<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:47 am

Which device have you got? You can flash your device with Gapps in recovery to install play and other Google apps on your android device
http://goo.im/gapps/
Sony Bravia 2010 52NX803 - Sony PS3 - Xbox 360
Serviio running on QNAP NAS 639 Pro - 1.6 Intel Dual Core - 2GB RAM and QNAP NAS 121 - 2Ghz ARM Marvell - 1GB RAM
Console using ServiiDroid for Android, ServiiMetro and ServiiWP for Windows Phone and WebUI for iOS
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:37 am

As Xmantium said, there isn't really such a thing a an android device that you cannot install google play on, its just some don't have it on to start with :)

I'll put the apk on bitbucket for now, however I strongly recomend you get google play on it, for your benifit due to updating apps and for my benifit as it is one less thing step I have to go through on each release/I want almost everyone to use the same single service.

If you get stuck head over to the XDA forum for your device.

You can find the download at https://bitbucket.org/willlunniss/serviigo/downloads

When you do try it, can you test subtitle support with a video player that supports it, such as MX Player. If you video contains subtitles, the url pointing to them will be copied to the clipboard when you press play. You can then press menu in the player and paste in the url.

@Xmantium is everything layed out on your phone properly considering its rediculas number of pixels? Specifically some of the parts that use thumnails directly might be a bit small.
Will

ServiiDroid (Android Console) Developer: Download | Home | Support
ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/WiFi Playback App) Developer: Download | Home | Support
<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:32 pm

Thanks guys. I'm up to my ears in projects so it will be a bit before I try to learn how to flash this Nextbook. Its an awesome little device that so far does everything including being a perfect size ereader all for less than a centabuck! It also supports SMB, online streams and DLNA(Serviio) with VPlayer and as posted in beta the Mediabrowser works fine.

Thanks for the download. Worked first time with VPlayer(supports Subs but no srt load facility), but MXPlayer (which works standalone) loaded but would not play from Serviigo or any other Open with app.. found I had to set option to use SW decode with remote apps, then it plays but when I open the menu and click subtitle it does not add the clipboard title to the subtitle line...just allows me to open the folder to pick one and of course the clipboard is not one of them.

Is MX the only player that allows sub file selection?
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:41 pm

jhb50 wrote:Thanks guys. I'm up to my ears in projects so it will be a bit before I try to learn how to flash this Nextbook. Its an awesome little device that so far does everything including being a perfect size ereader all for less than a centabuck! It also supports SMB, online streams and DLNA(Serviio) with VPlayer and as posted in beta the Mediabrowser works fine.

Thanks for the download. Worked first time with VPlayer(supports Subs but no srt load facility), but MXPlayer (which works standalone) loaded but would not play from Serviigo or any other Open with app.. found I had to set option to use SW decode with remote apps, then it plays but when I open the menu and click subtitle it does not add the clipboard title to the subtitle line...just allows me to open the folder to pick one and of course the clipboard is not one of them.

Is MX the only player that allows sub file selection?

Decoding method will depend on your device, and whether you are playing back Low/Medium quality or Original, I've always found the MX Player was able to go through the options until it worked.

Subtitles: no idea, I asked because I saw you had tried subtitles in the media browser, not sure if I have subtitle for any of my films. Looking at MX Player now they have changed it, it used to just give you a text box to type something in. I'll send them an email to find out if it is possiable. If you find a player that does support subtitles let me know. Otherwise I could add a download subtitles to device option.

What screen res is the device/version of android as 7" tablets are a bit of a pain to provide resources for (being small tablets/big phones they are hard to detect on android 2.X), is everything layed out in a way that seems sensiable?
Will

<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:35 pm

will wrote:
Decoding method will depend on your device, and whether you are playing back Low/Medium quality or Original, I've always found the MX Player was able to go through the options until it worked.?

All the ServiiGo options work fine..it's MX that must be set to use SW decode for remote..if not set, MX hangs on default HW decode, and hangs if you switch to hw while playing.

Subtitles: no idea, I asked because I saw you had tried subtitles in the media browser, not sure if I have subtitle for any of my films. Looking at MX Player now they have changed it, it used to just give you a text box to type something in. I'll send them an email to find out if it is possiable. If you find a player that does support subtitles let me know. Otherwise I could add a download subtitles to device option.
OK that explains it. The line is still there but only for display of what was selected..be nice if they made it an input field. It would be great if you could add a download option. MX allows a subtitle folder to be defined so if you downloaded to your ServiiGo folder(/mnt/sdcard/external_sd/ServiiGo for me). I tried it manually and it worked perfectly.

What screen res is the device/version of android as 7" tablets are a bit of a pain to provide resources for (being small tablets/big phones they are hard to detect on android 2.X), is everything layed out in a way that seems sensiable?

800x480 and everything is layed out correctly. Specs at
http://www.nextbookusa.com/productdetai ... oduct_id=7
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:26 pm

jhb50 wrote:All the ServiiGo options work fine..it's MX that must be set to use SW decode for remote..if not set, MX hangs on default HW decode, and hangs if you switch to hw while playing.

It does support HW decoding from URL as it works on my One S, but aslong as one of them works.

OK that explains it. The line is still there but only for display of what was selected..be nice if they made it an input field. It would be great if you could add a download option. MX allows a subtitle folder to be defined so if you downloaded to your ServiiGo folder(/mnt/sdcard/external_sd/ServiiGo for me). I tried it manually and it worked perfectly.
I've just ask them to add an option for me to pass the subtitles url directly to the app, but I'll also look into adding an option to auto download subtitles to a directory for use in players that don't support subtitles via a url.

800x480 and everything is layed out correctly. Specs at
http://www.nextbookusa.com/productdetai ... oduct_id=7

OK, is it giving you the dual pane view when horizontal or single pane. Does everything on the video details view (once it has loaded all the online metadata) fit correctly? (I have only tested that resolution using phone densities, not tablet ones)

Do try and get google play installed, shouldn't take long (here is a guide for using the dev tools to install the files incase you haven't set it up to flash zips via recovery, http://gunnersbarn.wordpress.com/2011/1 ... premium-7/ but check the earlir link for the newest version named gapps-gb-XXXX)
Will

<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:40 pm

will wrote:It does support HW decoding from URL as it works on my One S, but aslong as one of them works.

Could it be because I'm using the neon version? https://sites.google.com/site/mxvpen/do ... n/download

I've just ask them to add an option for me to pass the subtitles url directly to the app, but I'll also look into adding an option to auto download subtitles to a directory for use in players that don't support subtitles via a url.

Are you using their API? Looks like there are some sub options there. https://sites.google.com/site/mxvpen/ap ... mxvpen/api

OK, is it giving you the dual pane view when horizontal or single pane. Does everything on the video details view (once it has loaded all the online metadata) fit correctly?

Yes, looks fine.
Only glitch is left pane Audio/Image/Video replicates itself into the right hand pane when I switch orientation, but both panes work.

Do try and get google play installed
On my bucket list XD
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:44 pm

jhb50 wrote:Could it be because I'm using the neon version? https://sites.google.com/site/mxvpen/do ... n/download
Not sure.

Are you using their API? Looks like there are some sub options there. https://sites.google.com/site/mxvpen/ap ... mxvpen/api
I had not seen that page, was just using the standard intent structure.

Yes, looks fine.
Only glitch is left pane Audio/Image/Video replicates itself into the right hand pane when I switch orientation, but both panes work.

Can you give me a screenshot, that shouldn't happen. If you then navigate into a video view and back does it fix itself.

EDIT: no idea how I missed that API. Now have subtitles working automatically with MX Player :) Going to look into other players now.
Will

<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:37 pm

Can you give me a screenshot, that shouldn't happen. If you then navigate into a video view and back does it fix itself.

Can't capture tablet AFAIK

Heres flow

Start raw:

Audio
Image _____________________ No Content
Video

Flip Tablet:

Audio _____________________ Audio
Image _____________________ Image
Video ______________________Video

Click Video:

Audio _____________________ Video [Folders]
Image _____________________ Playlists
Video ______________________Online

At this point ServiiGo will always return to Click Video, never to Start Raw, so its just a startup thing until you have content.

EDIT: no idea how I missed that API. Now have subtitles working automatically with MX Player :) Going to look into other players now.

Great..glad I could help.
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:52 pm

jhb50 wrote:

Can't capture tablet AFAIK

Heres flow

Start raw:

Audio
Image _____________________ No Content
Video

Flip Tablet:

Audio _____________________ Audio
Image _____________________ Image
Video ______________________Video

Click Video:

Audio _____________________ Video [Folders]
Image _____________________ Playlists
Video ______________________Online

At this point ServiiGo will always return to Click Video, never to Start Raw, so its just a startup thing until you have content.

Hmmm OK. There is a special case for tablets before you have selected anything, looks like i've broken one of the checks for that. I assume if you go into say Video -> Last Added and rotate it works correctly?
Will

<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:19 pm

I think you misunderstand..only the raw menu replicates and replaces "No Content" with the duplicates. Once you click anything the right panel is correct and rotation does not effect it...You can never get back to the replicated raw menu.
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:54 pm

No I know what the problem is and have fixed it. I think I introduced it when I added alternative text for when the list was empty (Loading... | No content)
Will

<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:24 pm

will wrote:@Xmantium is everything layed out on your phone properly considering its rediculas number of pixels? Specifically some of the parts that use thumnails directly might be a bit small.

I do watch alot of videos on my S3 for my 1 hour+ train commute to work, current i use ES File Explorer to transfer files from my NAS to my device, takes 2 mins or so.
Had another crack on ServiiGo, can only test it over wifi as v1.0 is current running on my laptop which doesnt have much media, mainly use it for beta tests and jbh50 excellent new plugins ;)

The start screen -Audio, Image, Video
Can we this in Boxes/Thumnails with its own icons, will be easier to navigate on phone and visually appealing
Im not sure if you used XBMC, its gives options, List view, Thumbnail View etc

On Audio
Loving the built in Music player!
Im confused what the difference is between the play icon and add to playlist icon, both adds all files to the playlist
Would be cool if i can pause/pause right from the notification like i can with my default mp3 player
There has been some instances where the notification for the music player would disappear but couldnt think how i did it

On Image
Yes the thumbnails appear pixelated, not sure if these are the restrictions of Serviio. Its very very pixelated on panoramic wide pictures
But once you open the picture the quality is very.
Once i use pinch and zoom, the icons of - and + appear, dont most phones have pinch to zoom? think this should be a user option to appear or not

On Video
I tried to play files on the default Samsung S3 video play, but didnt manage to work on original or medium. This player supports .avi, .mp4 and .mkv upto 1080p but the main reason i use video player cos it has the super cool popup feature so i can still browse the net while watching - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EptS-IR_C6k
Tried MoboPlayer on S3, again no luck
Tried MX Player on TouchPad tablet and working, will be adding MX on my S3 later

Navigation on Tablet works very nice
I would change the layout of the Movie details page slightly, would defo like IMBD link and prefer IMDB rating instead
Serviio running on QNAP NAS 639 Pro - 1.6 Intel Dual Core - 2GB RAM and QNAP NAS 121 - 2Ghz ARM Marvell - 1GB RAM
Console using ServiiDroid for Android, ServiiMetro and ServiiWP for Windows Phone and WebUI for iOS
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:39 pm

Xmantium wrote:The start screen -Audio, Image, Video
Can we this in Boxes/Thumnails with its own icons, will be easier to navigate on phone and visually appealing
Im not sure if you used XBMC, its gives options, List view, Thumbnail View etc

On my todo list for the big UI refinement stage which i'm going through atm. Although I need to decide what to do for tablets and it also gets a little tricky if the user sets either audio/image/video to display content only in the presentation tab.

On Audio
Loving the built in Music player!
Im confused what the difference is between the play icon and add to playlist icon, both adds all files to the playlist
Would be cool if i can pause/pause right from the notification like i can with my default mp3 player
There has been some instances where the notification for the music player would disappear but couldnt think how i did it

Queue adds the tracks to the end of the playlist and resumes play if it isn't on. Great for going around and selecting a few albums/tracks to listen to.
Play adds the tracks to the end, but starts playing them straight away. ( I am going to add an option to clear the existing playlist when pressing play).
I personally prefer to queue up albums, but others may want to listen to something straight away when pressing play.

Yes I've seen it dissapear as well on my One S, but it also happens with some of my other media players, so it isn't just ServiiGo. Still want to fix it though.
I'm going to look at adding (customisable maybe) controls to the notification. But that will be after 1.0. Notification toggle / a custom rom will allow you to add play/pause buttons in your notification drop down which ServiiGo will respond to.

On Image
Yes the thumbnails appear pixelated, not sure if these are the restrictions of Serviio. Its very very pixelated on panoramic wide pictures
But once you open the picture the quality is very.
Once i use pinch and zoom, the icons of - and + appear, dont most phones have pinch to zoom? think this should be a user option to appear or not
Yes the thumbnails are very low res, cannot do anything about that.
I ment more the video view when online metadata hadn't been fetched.
Not sure what you mean by don't most phones have pinch to zoom / the user option.

On Video
I tried to play files on the default Samsung S3 video play, but didnt manage to work on original or medium. This player supports .avi, .mp4 and .mkv upto 1080p but the main reason i use video player cos it has the super cool popup feature so i can still browse the net while watching - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EptS-IR_C6k
Tried MoboPlayer on S3, again no luck
Tried MX Player on TouchPad tablet and working, will be adding MX on my S3 later

Hmm.. not sure, you could try having a play with the ServiiGo profile. Not much I can do as won't be able to test it.

MoboPlayer should work, i've tested it before but I'll try it again. MX Player definately works.
Navigation on Tablet works very nice
I would change the layout of the Movie details page slightly, would defo like IMBD link and prefer IMDB rating instead

How would you change it?
I can add an IMDB link as menu -> view in IMDB along side the view trailer.
The rating is IMDB rating.
Will

<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:59 pm

Re: Google Market.

Thanks for the instructions. There was some comment that it no longer works since the switch to Google Play... Also someone said it was easier to install by just installing each of the apk's in the package. Just a little nervous because I don't want to brick it. Comments?
<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:02 am

I will have a play around with the ServiiGo profile, any other 9million pre ordered Samsung S3 uses can you let me know if its working on your default video player.

Yes, Play icon would be best as you described.

In Image, don't think zoom in and zoom out button is needed when its so much easier to pinch and zoom pictures using multi-touch.

Can I clarify, if I use ServiiGo on wifi on the same network as Serviio, its not being streamed via DNLA?

On the Movie details preview, is the cover from IMDB or tmdb? Is also the movie description from imbd?
The way I would change is.
Have the actual movie name, not filename.
Also include IMDB rating in numeric values too ie 8.1/10 (56774 votes) underneath the stars
Not have the dark text background near the movie cover.
Is there any way of telling original codec of the file, ie xvid, mkv (probably going xbmc style look there)
IMDB page link
<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:08 am

jhb50 wrote:Re: Google Market.

Thanks for the instructions. There was some comment that it no longer works since the switch to Google Play... Also someone said it was easier to install by just installing each of the apk's in the package. Just a little nervous because I don't want to brick it. Comments?

Google Market just changed their name to Google Play. Gapps should have the latest compiled signed version.
I used it to flash my HP Touchpad with Android when it was designed to run on WebOS
I also got Android with Gapps running on my old HTC HD2 which was originally running Windows mobile 6.5!
There should be other users who installed Gapps on your device on other forums. XDA and others similar will show u how
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:38 am

Xmantium wrote:In Image, don't think zoom in and zoom out button is needed when its so much easier to pinch and zoom pictures using multi-touch.

Ah ok, well they aren't that big, i'll think about hiding them when i've improved the pinch and zoom as it is a little buggy atm.
Can I clarify, if I use ServiiGo on wifi on the same network as Serviio, its not being streamed via DNLA?

No, there is no DLNA code in ServiiGo.
On the Movie details preview, is the cover from IMDB or tmdb? Is also the movie description from imbd?

Ratings are from IMDB as they are more representative (using an unofficial but works for ratings API). Everything else is from Serviio (Title, Year, Genere, Description, Thumbnail), or TMDb (High res artwork, Directors, Actors, Trailer Url)
The way I would change is.
Have the actual movie name, not filename.
Also include IMDB rating in numeric values too ie 8.1/10 (56774 votes) underneath the stars
Not have the dark text background near the movie cover.
Is there any way of telling original codec of the file, ie xvid, mkv (probably going xbmc style look there)
IMDB page link

Is this when viewing via folders? I thought about that but decided to leave it with the view that if they wanted to see everything post metadata, they would use the movie view, I could add an option though.
Rating - OK.
The dark text background needs to be there for when you rotate into landscape and the backdrop fills the background.
The API doesn't provide any information about the original file other than resolution. If you want more info, file a issue on serviio's bitbucket and I will add it if it is added to Serviio.
I'll add a page link as an action item.
Will

<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:42 am

Downloaded from Market successfully. Thanks for your help.
See guide for others at viewtopic.php?f=17&t=6520

PS: PreBeta Subs work Great!! Thanks again.
PreviousNext

Return to Third-party tools integration