FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

serviidb.com

<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:16 am

Re: serviidb.com

zip wrote:Created a news article on serviio.org and Facebook page. Hopefully we will get some traction now. Good work everyone.

BTW, do you have an API for people to cast votes on the stream quality (in terms of if it's live)?

There are currently two voting areas, reliability and quality. I will be adding the capability for people to vote using the API today or tomorrow.
Mark
Beta Tester Group
http://www.serviidb.com Online media resource repository

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:27 am

will wrote:Well even if there are a few problems, most can be fixed behind the sences without changing any of the parts of the API. Worst case we will need to add things, but that won't break clients.

When submitting content what is Media ID for? Also the thumbnail is a bit strage
Files must be less than 32 MB.
Allowed file types: png gif jpg jpeg.
Images must be smaller than 160x120 pixels.

Maybe support either uploading to the site, or just providing a url.

I've uploaded the update, obviously what you work on is up to you, but my suggestion would be
1. add the missing parts to the Create Media Resource page (live stream, extra languages?) to help with getting content added
2. Work out how to do /api/regions and /api/languages so that I can fetch a list of available regions and languages
3. Add the remaining fields to the response
4. Templates

People can upload the thumbnails to the site now, what do you think is strange about the settings, I can change them, I guessed at them when I first setup the database.

1. should live stream be added as Media source? Or category? Or maybe even a new field?

Here are the current languages that can be used. I have been editing this list based on what countries have been in the google analytics results.
    Arabic
    English
    French
    German
    Hindi-Urdu
    Italian
    Japanese
    Korean
    Portuguese
    Russian
    Spanish
    Vietnamese

2. I have already created stored procedures to generate these, just need to add the resources to the API. Should be competed today.

3. should be completed today.

4. I think I have figured out how to do the templates. Will test today if possible.
Mark
Beta Tester Group

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:55 am

32 MB limit, but tiny resolution. Make the file size limit much smaller (<100KB), but maybe the resolution a little bigger?

Add Live steam as an option in the list with Web resource and RSS Atom feed, in the API it is resourceType, cannot remember what it is on the site, as that is what I use for deciding how to add an item to serviio

Proably also add Live stream as a category.
Will

ServiiDroid (Android Console) Developer: Download | Home | Support
ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/WiFi Playback App) Developer: Download | Home | Support
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:21 pm

will wrote:32 MB limit, but tiny resolution. Make the file size limit much smaller (<100KB), but maybe the resolution a little bigger?

Add Live steam as an option in the list with Web resource and RSS Atom feed, in the API it is resourceType, cannot remember what it is on the site, as that is what I use for deciding how to add an item to serviio

Proably also add Live stream as a category.

changed the size to 1 MB can change resolution if needed. Like I said I guesssed at alot of the settings.

I think this is what you are talking about.

Xmantium wrote:1. RSS livestream Folders[/u]
Thanks to the amazing efforts of jhb50, he has created maintained RSS livestream folders, you just copy the RSS feeds from this post into Serviio, make sure you have jhb50's livefeeds.groovy.zip available from the wiki, make you set Serviio to "RSS/Atom Feed"

2. User Chosen RSS Folder Solution

ragefuljoe made a brilliant filter that converts the xml rtmpGUI uses to an RSS folder in Serviio
Firstly go here - http://growing-flower-3635.herokuapp.com, choose the channels you want to view, copy the code to an rss file "LiveFeeds_YourTitle.rss" and host it locally or online, this also needs jhb50 livefeeds.groovy.zip, also make you set Serviio to "RSS/Atom Feed"

3. Live Stream View

piscui has made a fantastic page - http://piscui.webear.net/rtmpgui/rtmpgui.php
Just copy the rtmp URL into Serviio, choose "Live Feeds" and enjoy! (Best to make sure the feeds to work)

I will add Live Feed as media source on website and resourceType in API. I need to straighten the names out so they match. I will do it on myside so it does not affect serviidroid.
Mark
Beta Tester Group

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:25 pm

Not quite. Serviio supports three types of online sources, rss/atom feeds, web resources, and live streams.

Those 'live feeds' are different, they are rss feeds (added to the console as rss/atom feed), that contain mulitple links to live streams and use a plugin to display them. They are useful as they a) allow adding multiple live streams in one go, b) can be mantained and have the links updated centrally when on of the individual live streams changes.
There are already some of those live feeds on serviidb.com.

What I want you to add is an option for individual live streams (that are added to the console as a 'Live stream'). This is an example viewtopic.php?f=41&t=5865 or viewtopic.php?f=41&t=4689 (which is think is down, but a good example of how it is set up in the console)
Will

<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:34 pm

will wrote:Not quite. Serviio supports three types of online sources, rss/atom feeds, web resources, and live streams.

Those 'live feeds' are different, they are rss feeds (added to the console as rss/atom feed), that contain mulitple links to live streams and use a plugin to display them. They are useful as they a) allow adding multiple live streams in one go, b) can be mantained and have the links updated centrally when on of the individual live streams changes.
There are already some of those live feeds on serviidb.com.

What I want you to add is an option for individual live streams (that are added to the console as a 'Live stream'). This is an example viewtopic.php?f=41&t=5865 or viewtopic.php?f=41&t=4689 (which is think is down, but a good example of how it is set up in the console)

Ok I misread the post about live streams. I deleted live feed and added live streams.
Mark
Beta Tester Group

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:41 pm

moltra wrote:Ok I misread the post about live streams. I deleted live feed and added live streams.

Ok, thanks, for the following items can you put a * next to them and make them required.
Title
Media URL
Media Source
Media Type

I would still be tempted to allow adding either a url which just gets pointed to, in addition to allowing users to upload one.
Will

<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:46 pm

will wrote:
moltra wrote:Ok I misread the post about live streams. I deleted live feed and added live streams.

Ok, thanks, for the following items can you put a * next to them and make them required.
Title
Media URL
Media Source
Media Type

I would still be tempted to allow adding either a url which just gets pointed to, in addition to allowing users to upload one.

I made them all required. Why put an * next to them? You mean in their title?

I will add url link also
Mark
Beta Tester Group

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:17 am

moltra wrote:I made them all required. Why put an * next to them? You mean in their title?

I will add url link also

A * is often used to represent a required field, how you have set it up is correct.

Looking in the log I see 80+ items from the site have been added to users libraries using ServiiDroid :)

Edit: just tried to add some more content what is the new Feed URL? Why do I have to enter one? Also you should proably remove the 'Installs' entry now that it is not being tested any more.
Will

<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:04 pm

will wrote:
moltra wrote:I made them all required. Why put an * next to them? You mean in their title?

I will add url link also

A * is often used to represent a required field, how you have set it up is correct.

Looking in the log I see 80+ items from the site have been added to users libraries using ServiiDroid :)

Edit: just tried to add some more content what is the new Feed URL? Why do I have to enter one? Also you should proably remove the 'Installs' entry now that it is not being tested any more.

That field was added automatically while I was trying to get the number of times a feed was installed by serviidroid in the installs field. I removed the feed URL field.

I am going to try another way of getting the install number on the page.
Mark
Beta Tester Group

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:11 pm

moltra wrote:That field was added automatically while I was trying to get the number of times a feed was installed by serviidroid in the installs field. I removed the feed URL field.

OK. Might be nice to also have a 'total installs' at the top of the page along with media counts.
Will

<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:22 pm

will wrote:
moltra wrote:That field was added automatically while I was trying to get the number of times a feed was installed by serviidroid in the installs field. I removed the feed URL field.

OK. Might be nice to also have a 'total installs' at the top of the page along with media counts.

that is what I was thinking.
Mark
Beta Tester Group

<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:42 pm

check out the changes I made to the dev api, I think I have added all the fields that we had talked about. I have the current voting from the website being shown now in a 0-100% If you have any questions or comments let me know.

Code:
http://serviidb.com/apidev/video

Code:
{
    "resource": "video",
    "requestedSize": "1",
    "totalSize": 68,
    "items": [
        {
            "name": "10 O'Clock Live",
            "region": "UK",
            "url": "http://www.channel4.com/programmes/10-oclock-live/4od",
            "mediaType": "Video",
            "resourceType": "Web Resource",
            "plugin": "4oD (UK)",
            "language": "English",
            "nid": "56",
            "resolution": "SD",
            "quality": null,
            "reliability": null
        }
    ]
}

Plus, I have cleaned up the code for the API and made it easier to add or change what is being returned. I trimmed the code fromover 650 lines to around 300 now.

I am working on the draft of the API documentation now.
Mark
Beta Tester Group

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:49 pm

Will look at this tomorrow to confirm it will work with the current version of the app before you push it to /api.
Will

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:22 am

The things left to add is installCount and thumbnailUrl. However, we had previously said ratings would be 0-5 as on the site, so my rating code expects a doulbe from 0-5 so anything over just gets five stars. Could you change that from 0-100 to 0-5 or would it be a pain? If not I'll do an update today that adjusts the code.

Is there anything you can do about the responsiveness of the site? The API is very fast, but druple is well slow at best, you don't have excessive debug loggin turned on in druple do you?
Will

<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:40 am

Yes I can just change the SQL a little.

I have been talking to hosting company about website speed.

No detailed logging is off.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Mark
Beta Tester Group

<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:31 pm

The api now returns the ratings, reliability and rating, and also returns how many times a resource has been installed by API.

I will be finishing up the regions and languages api responses tomorrow night and completing the initial API documenation. Unless something comes up I will call this API version complete and ready for use.
Mark
Beta Tester Group

<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:12 am

I have created an API so that the data in the serviidb database can be retrieved and used by third party applications. Alot of it has been tested with ServiiDroid and its developer Will. If you are interested in using the API please review the draft API document attached.

Once I have received feedback from Will about ServiiDroid, I will be making the API active for everyone.

I ask developers to make sure that they use the client parameter in the API that way I can see who is using the API and give them feedback on how it is working on the database side.

http://www.serviidb.com/sites/default/files/Serviidb%20API_0.pdf
Mark
Beta Tester Group

<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:15 am

I just wanted to let everyone know what is going on with serviidb.com. My current 4GH hosting cannot keep up with the load. I have purchased a VPS with the below specs.

Budget VPS - 10TBVPS
10TB VPS
Disk Space: 80GB
Bandwidth: 10TB
Dedicated Ram: 512MB upgraded to 1GB
Burstable Ram: 768MB upgraded to 1.5 GB
Uplink: 100Mbps
CPU: 4 cores shared
IP Addresses: 1
Monthly : $5.83
Quarterly: $15.00
Semi Annually: $32.00
Yearly : $61.00
*UnManaged*

Once I get it setup and the site migrated to it, there should be a drastic decrease in website load time.
Mark
Beta Tester Group

<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Thu May 03, 2012 12:46 pm

serviidb.com site is down and is in the process of being moved to new host. The api will still be up during this process.
Mark
Beta Tester Group

PreviousNext

Return to Third-party tools integration