FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Web UI in PHP

<<

mpemberton5

DLNA master

Post Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:03 pm

Re: Web UI in PHP

AcidumIrae,

Do you have a timeframe on providing an update to work with 0.6B4? Thanks for what you've done in the past!

Would be honored to help if needed.

Blessings,
Mark
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:06 pm

I let AcidumIrae know about the next version. It's an open source so I guess he will accept contribution - go to the project website.
<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:35 pm

Im hoping it would be ready when 0.6 final comes out. NAS users like me would struggle without a GUI to add feeds.
Sony Bravia 2010 52NX803 - Sony PS3 - Xbox 360
Serviio running on QNAP NAS 639 Pro - 1.6 Intel Dual Core - 2GB RAM and QNAP NAS 121 - 2Ghz ARM Marvell - 1GB RAM
Console using ServiiDroid for Android, ServiiMetro and ServiiWP for Windows Phone and WebUI for iOS
<<

mrfusker

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:25 pm

Xmantium wrote:Im hoping it would be ready when 0.6 final comes out. NAS users like me would struggle without a GUI to add feeds.

Yeah... release it :D
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:55 pm

mrfusker wrote:
Xmantium wrote:Im hoping it would be ready when 0.6 final comes out. NAS users like me would struggle without a GUI to add feeds.

Yeah... release it :D

??? serviio 0.6 has been released as for the webui that is down to the dveloper of that project and he has been informed of the new release of serviio, so will post his new version when he has made it.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

mpemberton5

DLNA master

Post Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:31 am

UPDATE: Please refer to the first post of this topic to download the latest version

Cheers,
Mark
Last edited by mpemberton5 on Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:58 pm

Nice work Mark! Adding feeds works fine on my NAS :)

The "Presentation" tab still doesnt work like previous version, when you select "Disabled", it doesnt save.
Serviio running on QNAP NAS 639 Pro - 1.6 Intel Dual Core - 2GB RAM and QNAP NAS 121 - 2Ghz ARM Marvell - 1GB RAM
Console using ServiiDroid for Android, ServiiMetro and ServiiWP for Windows Phone and WebUI for iOS
<<

mpemberton5

DLNA master

Post Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:50 pm

Xmantium wrote:Nice work Mark! Adding feeds works fine on my NAS :)

The "Presentation" tab still doesnt work like previous version, when you select "Disabled", it doesnt save.

Thanks for the Kudos. Just trying to meet a need. I've not been able to recreate the issue on the Presentation tab, so I'm going to need some additional info. Did I understand you correctly that it also didn't work in the previous version? Does it come up with the red message stating it "Cannot PUT Presentation" or something like that? Or what (if any) indication states that it doesn't work? Could you look in the log file to see if something is logged? You might have to turn on debugging on the restlet functionality to see more info.

Code:
   <category name="org.restlet">
      <priority value="DEBUG"/>
   </category>

Are you able to set any setting on the presentation tab? I went through and set all settings to disabled, back to the default setting and wasn't able to produce any error. The code looks straight forward, but doesn't meet there is something wrong. Whatever additional info you could provide will help determine what is going on.

Hope I can help you pal.

Cheers,
Mark
<<

AcidumIrae

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:37 am

mpemberton5 wrote:I have contacted the author and hope to have an official release out soon.

Thanks a lot Mark.
I have activated your record at my redmine hosting.
You can either fork this UI or use the exiting repo - up to you.

Thanks.
// WBR, Tolik aka AcidumIrae
<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:35 pm

Hello Mark, sorry for late reply.

It must be a linux issue, yes all QNAP users with previous version had this same issue.
It does not come up with any errors, when you try to change anything in the dropdown and press save, it doesn't save anything, the page just refreshes with original presentation settings. It doesn't matter if you change one or many, it does not save in the presentation tab.
But all the other tabs, the save button works.
I'll try to see if there's any debug logs.

The only fix is to use the windows console to connect to change the values.
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:34 pm

Xmantium wrote:Hello Mark, sorry for late reply.

It must be a linux issue, yes all QNAP users with previous version had this same issue.
It does not come up with any errors, when you try to change anything in the dropdown and press save, it doesn't save anything, the page just refreshes with original presentation settings. It doesn't matter if you change one or many, it does not save in the presentation tab.

check the code for the save button could be a mistype and that would make it refresh but not actualy save :)
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

mpemberton5

DLNA master

Post Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:30 am

Cerberus wrote:
Xmantium wrote:Hello Mark, sorry for late reply.

check the code for the save button could be a mistype and that would make it refresh but not actualy save :)

The problem is that this issue appears to be affecting only those running on QNAP devices. I'm working with Xmantium to try and pinpoint the problem.
<<

r-win

DLNA master

Post Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:19 pm

mpemberton5 wrote:UPDATE: Please refer to the first post of this topic to download the latest version

Nice work, Mark!

Adding feeds works fine, as long as they don't have an & in the querystring. If they do, the feed is added without the portion behind the ampersand (and the ampersand itself is, of course, also not added).
Linksys WRT320N | Samsung PS-50C7700 | Microsoft XBOX 360 | Windows 8.1 | Linux Ubuntu 13.04
<<

mpemberton5

DLNA master

Post Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:35 pm

r-win wrote:
mpemberton5 wrote:UPDATE: Please refer to the first post of this topic to download the latest version

Nice work, Mark!

Adding feeds works fine, as long as they don't have an & in the querystring. If they do, the feed is added without the portion behind the ampersand (and the ampersand itself is, of course, also not added).

Noted. Good catch. I probably have to encode it before sending it to the server. I'm at work now and will look at it this evening. Thanks!
<<

cburbs

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:43 pm

Upgrade issue -
I downloaded the newest serviio as well as v0.6b update http://blog.tolik.org/2011/09/serviio-w ... -v06b.html (patched by Mark Pemberton)

I can get to the web ui but get the following error. Is this because v0.6b doesn't work with 0.6.0.1? This is running on Vortexbox. The service is running as I verified it with my Oppo DVD Player. Looks like it is more of a web ui issue.

ERROR in web ui:
Big red X and Required Serviio 0.6, but found '0.6.0.1'Cannot connect to Serviio server, it does not seem to be running. Exiting...
<<

mpemberton5

DLNA master

Post Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:27 pm

cburbs wrote:Upgrade issue -
I downloaded the newest serviio as well as v0.6b update http://blog.tolik.org/2011/09/serviio-w ... -v06b.html (patched by Mark Pemberton)

I can get to the web ui but get the following error. Is this because v0.6b doesn't work with 0.6.0.1? This is running on Vortexbox. The service is running as I verified it with my Oppo DVD Player. Looks like it is more of a web ui issue.

ERROR in web ui:
Big red X and Required Serviio 0.6, but found '0.6.0.1'Cannot connect to Serviio server, it does not seem to be running. Exiting...

I don't think there were any updates to the REST interface from 0.6 to 0.6.0.1, so it might be as easy as updating config.php line 5 to say $version_req = "0.6.0.1". It's a nice safeguard to compare versions so data isn't corrupt, but it does have a downside (as we're experiencing now). As soon as I get home, I'll update the code and ask AcidumIrae to post the official link for 0.6.0.1. I'll also post a temporary link of the fix for those needing it now.

Cheers,
Mark
<<

cburbs

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:38 pm

Thanks that did the trick - I should have checked that as I was just looking at that file to make sure all items were correct.
<<

patters

DLNA master

Post Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:53 am

Would it be difficult to hack the Library tab into two sub-tabs (for Shared folders | Online sources) by copying the behaviour of the Metadata tab's Audio | Video bit? I'll have a look later, only I have zero PHP experience :)
LG OLED55B8PLA | PS4 Pro | Xbox One S | Synology DS214play
Serviio 2.1 package for Synology NAS - with limited hardware transcoding support!
<<

patters

DLNA master

Post Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:06 pm

I have managed to do that, but I can see that the way support for 0.6 was added didn't adhere to Zip's localization support (I guess it was made during the beta period):
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1415#p20600

It's essential to follow these because the we can just add the messages_XX.properties file for each language straight from Serviio's serviio-client.jar.

I'm trying to fix this now. I have also cleaned up the UI a little bit (remove the horizontal rules and boldened column headings in the table, removed the additional red dot icons in column headings, and created the Online Sources to be a tab just like in the proper Serviio Console. I also added context-sensitive boldening to the main tab headings across the top to make it a bit more consistent...

LG OLED55B8PLA | PS4 Pro | Xbox One S | Synology DS214play
Serviio 2.1 package for Synology NAS - with limited hardware transcoding support!
<<

cburbs

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:41 pm

Ok one other problem 0 i upgraded to servio 0.6.0.1 and now my library won't save the shared folders I am trying to add. If I click save it goes to a blank page and when I go back to that page it is empty again.
PreviousNext

Return to Third-party tools integration