FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[TOOLS] Finding Live Streams URLs

<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:29 pm

[TOOLS] Finding Live Streams URLs

Now that Serviio has live stream support, it can be difficult to find urls on forums and sites. Alot are out of date! :x

Theres toold that can sniff/snoop software out to detect what urls they are using such as rtsp://

The best one i found is URL Snooper
(Freeware/Windows)
This one strips out all the snooping protocols thats not needed and finds the live streams

Seconds is Coojah 6
(Freeware/Windows)
Another good one thats been updated, for some reason the installer is in japanese

Third is Wireshark
(Freeware / Windows, Linux, Mac OS X)
A very powerfull snooper, but requires bit more time to find the ULRs and can be used to sniff out the values you need, theres videos on YouTube to show how its done

Others ive not tested are, Orbit Grab++, Net Transport, BitAnalyzer, and URL Helper
Last edited by Xmantium on Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sony Bravia 2010 52NX803 - Sony PS3 - Xbox 360
Serviio running on QNAP NAS 639 Pro - 1.6 Intel Dual Core - 2GB RAM and QNAP NAS 121 - 2Ghz ARM Marvell - 1GB RAM
Console using ServiiDroid for Android, ServiiMetro and ServiiWP for Windows Phone and WebUI for iOS
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:12 pm

Re: [TOOLS] Finding Live Streams ULRs

Xmantium wrote:Now that Serviio has live stream support, it can be difficult to find urls on forums and sites. Alot are out of date! :x

Theres toold that can sniff/snoop software out to detect what urls they are using such as rtsp://

The best one i found is URL Snooper
This one strips out all the snooping protocols thats not needed and finds the live streams

Seconds is Coojah 6
Another good one thats been updated, for some reason the installer is in japanese

Third is Wireshark
A very powerfull snooper, but requires bit more time to find the ULRs and can be used to sniff out the values you need, theres videos on YouTube to show how its done

Others ive not tested are, Orbit Grab++, Net Transport, BitAnalyzer, and URL Helper

window linux mac ???????
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:28 pm

These are Windows only, there are some alternative for mac( :roll: ) users
Serviio running on QNAP NAS 639 Pro - 1.6 Intel Dual Core - 2GB RAM and QNAP NAS 121 - 2Ghz ARM Marvell - 1GB RAM
Console using ServiiDroid for Android, ServiiMetro and ServiiWP for Windows Phone and WebUI for iOS
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:32 pm

Xmantium wrote:These are Windows only, there are some alternative for mac( :roll: ) users

add them to wiki under tools/windows then mate :) and btw its URL not ULR
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:43 pm

Re: [TOOLS] Finding Live Streams URLs

Thanks for that, updated it with OS type and including video guides like this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PuUnQCS7DQ
<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:29 am

Any chance of a How to with more details on using them...I see a lot of data with each of these and with Firebug in Firefox but don't know what I'm looking for or how to filter it.
<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:17 am

If you URL Snooper, it filters the video links for you! :D

Works most of the time it works, worked very well for tvsector.com
<<

Illico

DLNA master

Post Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:46 am

Thanks Xmantium,
For simple webpage with live stream, "URL Snooper" is probably the simplest.
But for more complex webpage, I'm using "Wireshark".
Illico
Sony 2010 KDL-46EX501 | BDP-S373 | SMP-N100 | Windows 8-i7 | Network DD HD-CE1.5TLU2 | Livebox2-UHD86 | ServiiDroid | ServiiGo | BubbleUPnP
Serviio beta tester - Moderator
<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:54 pm

I'll look forward to some interesting streams you have found Illico ;)
Wireshark is a little more advanced but can find what your looking for

How are you managing your live streams on your Bravia? Mine come out squashed, even when I press zoom on remote it's still not the right ratio...
<<

kairoh

DLNA master

Post Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:59 pm

wireshark exists on almost any platform (see "Third-Party Packages" for more) : http://www.wireshark.org/download.html
Serviio WebUI console developer : New Homepage | Support | Project | Issues

Samsung UA32C6600 | WinXP / Ubuntu 11.10 | Samsung Galaxy S | Freebox v6
<<

Illico

DLNA master

Post Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:02 pm

Xmantium wrote:I'll look forward to some interesting streams you have found Illico ;)

To be honest, rss feed and online sources are for my children (cartoons), no more advertising.
Xmantium wrote:How are you managing your live streams on your Bravia? Mine come out squashed, even when I press zoom on remote it's still not the right ratio...

+1
I'm using a ffmpeg wrapper (in perl) to add the padding options (its not perfect, but better)
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2956&start=30#p27617
Illico
Sony 2010 KDL-46EX501 | BDP-S373 | SMP-N100 | Windows 8-i7 | Network DD HD-CE1.5TLU2 | Livebox2-UHD86 | ServiiDroid | ServiiGo | BubbleUPnP
Serviio beta tester - Moderator
<<

nranka

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:50 am

Need assistance in finding a livestream URL. I'm PLANNING on using IP Webcam for Android for some surveillance needs. To monitor the cams - I'm using TinyCAM - the free software for Android. By default TinyCAM installs a buch of free open live feeds from various cameras across the world. My goal was to try to add some of those feeds to Serviio for streaming into my TV wall. Unfortunately, I was not able to figure out the feed URL. WIthin TinyCAM - i can get access to info like Camera Make, Model, IP, Port & Login/Password (though most are not protected and have no login/password).

Assistance in the above would be highly appreciated. If this experiment works - my end goal is to set-up a bunch of old Android Phones as my CCTV cams and then have the feed available on my TV wall via serviio.

nranka

Return to Third-party tools integration