FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ServiiDroid (Android Console) - Get it on Google Play

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:45 am

Re: ServiiDroid (Android Console) - Now on the Android Marke

A fairly minor update. Wasn't able to reproduce in my emulator as it is too slow but I hopefully worked out wat was wrong.

Code:
==== 1.2.3 ====
*Fixed force close when pressing the 'New item' action item moments before the status view is shown.
Will

ServiiDroid (Android Console) Developer: Download | Home | Support
ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/WiFi Playback App) Developer: Download | Home | Support
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:28 am

ServiiDroid has now been downloaded 5,000 times (took 45 days) :)
Will

<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:45 am

Congradulations!!!!!!
Mark
Beta Tester Group
http://www.serviidb.com Online media resource repository

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:52 pm

will wrote:ServiiDroid has now been downloaded 5,000 times (took 45 days) :)

it is quite humbling, isn't it? :-) All these ppl using your work, i can say it feels pretty good...
<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:17 pm

will wrote:ServiiDroid has now been downloaded 5,000 times (took 45 days) :)

Excellent!!
By any chance did you get a spike in downloads after the Redmond Pie article on/after 4th March? Aparantly they get upto 10 million page views a month!
I did email them to mention the Android app since they write a lot iOS/WP7/Android app news, guted they didnt mention it but happy they wrote a fantastic article.
Sony Bravia 2010 52NX803 - Sony PS3 - Xbox 360
Serviio running on QNAP NAS 639 Pro - 1.6 Intel Dual Core - 2GB RAM and QNAP NAS 121 - 2Ghz ARM Marvell - 1GB RAM
Console using ServiiDroid for Android, ServiiMetro and ServiiWP for Windows Phone and WebUI for iOS
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:15 am

No it has been pretty consistent at a about 90 downloads a day for the last month. Possible a few more, but nothing to break the normal trend.
Will

<<

dschelsea82

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:12 pm

non android market download?

I would like to install serviidroid on my tablet but because the google play market does not find my device i cant. Is there another place i can get serviidroid apk download from? Ive searched for awhile and cant find anything. Thanks.
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:16 pm

What device do you have? Have you asked over on XDA? I though there was a way to get google play on pretty much every android device.

I've uploaded it to removed

Post back once you have it so that I can remove it. I would prefer for you to get google play to work as its much easier for me to manage it just through google play.
Last edited by will on Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Will

<<

dschelsea82

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:32 pm

Thank yo so much for the upload. Works on my nextbook prem 7. Only thing was i needed to add the server address myself but thats not a big deal.
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:39 pm

Well I would still recommend that you head over to XDA forums and find out how to get google play onto your tablet . There are going to be quite a few updates to ServiiDroid in the future, including a big round of bug fixes in about 2 weeks time, and then also updates once Serviio 1.0 comes out.

Hmm thats odd that it couldn't find the server automatically, but as you said, its simple enough to type in the IP address.
Will

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:21 pm

I'm going to need some help from those of you running ICS who are having force closes. I'm getting on average 1-2 reports a day for the same problem, but as I don't have an ICS device, and it doesn't happen in the emulator, I cannot repoduce it or work out the cause. I need info on what you were doing, how long the app had been opened, as in did you just start it, or is it after resuming from not using it for a while etc... I have a stacktrace, but it is pretty useless as its just a call through standard methods and a NPE at the end when (re-)creating the activity.
Will

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:35 pm

Re: ServiiDroid (Android Console) - Get it on Google Play

For those who are interested, BlueStacks is now into its first beta and a benifit of this release over the alpha is that it supports multicast packets, meaning finding servers automatically now works.
I'm not a big fan of it, it puts too much clutter everywhere and is still quite buggy, but it is still pretty impressive. If they can tone it down a bit and intergrate it with Windows 8's metro start screen, they could remove the need for a lot of developrs to port their mobile apps to windows.
Will

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:35 pm

I'm working on reordering online sources in preperation for Serviio 1.0, and have drag and drop reordering working from a UI point of view. I'm going to add an action item to sort by the sources title. The other thing that I thought might be useful is grouping by source URL, and then subsort those based on the title. Any thoughts on this, or other things you might want for this?
Will

<<

Christopher_Povey

Serviio lover

Post Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:02 pm

Had a play with this tonight, mainly to try and get some control back over BBC iPlayer. One thing I did notice is that if I add or remove online feeds on ServiiDroid they do not seem to sync up with the serviio console on my PC running the server. Is this expected?
Chris

Running Serviio on Intel Q6700 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 PC feeding a Sony BDP-S570, Pansonic TX-L37G20B, and a XBox 360.
Managed with Serviidroid via HTC One X
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:12 pm

Yes it is, you have to reload or refresh the serviio console. It reads the data when it connects and does not read it again until it is refreshed.
Mark
Beta Tester Group

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:20 pm

As moltra said, and I did include a note in the faq, the console was not designed with multiple clients in mind so you have to exit and restart it to see any changes.
Will

<<

Christopher_Povey

Serviio lover

Post Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:00 pm

Cool. Excellent bit of software. I have my refresh time set quite long so it is handy to be able to remotely refresh the library. Also wanted it fix a broken BBC iPlayer, but it is still busted.
Chris

Running Serviio on Intel Q6700 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 PC feeding a Sony BDP-S570, Pansonic TX-L37G20B, and a XBox 360.
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:40 pm

Christopher_Povey wrote:Cool. Excellent bit of software. I have my refresh time set quite long so it is handy to be able to remotely refresh the library. Also wanted it fix a broken BBC iPlayer, but it is still busted.

what is wrong with the iPlayer? Start a new thread in support about it.
Mark
Beta Tester Group

<<

Christopher_Povey

Serviio lover

Post Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:44 pm

moltra wrote:
Christopher_Povey wrote:Cool. Excellent bit of software. I have my refresh time set quite long so it is handy to be able to remotely refresh the library. Also wanted it fix a broken BBC iPlayer, but it is still busted.

what is wrong with the iPlayer? Start a new thread in support about it.

It does not show any programs any more. There is a thread on it in the plugin area.
Chris

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:19 am

Reordering online sources is now fully done from the UI side, I have implemented drag and drop, and sort by title.
I also made the process work with 0.6 by sending one update to remove the sources, and another to add them back again in the new order. This works well from my tests and although as expected the cache has to be re-built which takes a while, it is not something users will do all the time. Therefore, I think it is worth including this in the next release for 0.6 servers, with a warning included on first use. Any thoughts on this?
Will

PreviousNext

Return to Third-party tools integration