FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ServiiDroid (Android Console) - Get it on Google Play

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:09 pm

ServiiDroid (Android Console) - Get it on Google Play

ServiiDroid is an android version of the console for the media streaming server Serviio.

ServiiDroid allows you to manage and configure your Serviio server, directly from your android device.

Download it now for free from Google Play.

If you like it and find it useful, please consider buying the donate key.

Please do rate and review the app.

Please enter your serviio forum username via the preferences so that I can contact you for more information if the app crashes.

Want to help test the next version of ServiiDroid? Become a member of the new ServiiGo beta testing programme!

Step 1: Opt-in to the beta programme at https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.serviidroid
Step 2: After a few minutes, go to Google Play and check for an update. If there isn't a beta version available at the time, you will receive the latest stable version (i.e. you will always be running the most recent version)

If you want help please post here rather than leaving a comment, it's much easier to reply.

For more info, see the ServiiDroid project site.
Last edited by will on Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:24 pm, edited 18 times in total.
Will

ServiiDroid (Android Console) Developer: Download | Home | Support
ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/WiFi Playback App) Developer: Download | Home | Support
<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:27 pm

Re: ServiiDroid (Android Console) - Now on the Android Marke

Thanks for this amazing app, when do think Android Market make it viewable on their search?

If you decide to make a donation version, I'll defo buy that ;)
Sony Bravia 2010 52NX803 - Sony PS3 - Xbox 360
Serviio running on QNAP NAS 639 Pro - 1.6 Intel Dual Core - 2GB RAM and QNAP NAS 121 - 2Ghz ARM Marvell - 1GB RAM
Console using ServiiDroid for Android, ServiiMetro and ServiiWP for Windows Phone and WebUI for iOS
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:34 pm

It is in the search results now. Typing ServiiDroid you get it on its own, typing 'serviio console' you get it with Onlive (no idea why). Typing just 'serviio' it is now 5 items down (up from 18 last night) and should rise up a bit more as people download, rate and review it. As long as it is within the first few entires for people who type serviio without knowing the name of the app than im happy.
Last edited by will on Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Will

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:26 am

I've uploaded a minor UI update to help test how long market updates take to reach devices. The answer is, marked as update available on my phone in under a minute. Update acutally ready for download 5 minutes so very quick.

Code:
==== 1.0.1 ====
*Updated main ServiiDroid text logo
*Added radio button back to the device profile selector on Android 3.0+
*Switched Save/Cancel buttons on Android 4.0+ to match system ordering
*Added the OK button back to the About view
Will

<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:34 pm

I always loved the Android action/menu button but it seems like Google want to change this! :(
http://android-developers.blogspot.com/2012/01/say-goodbye-to-menu-button.html

It looks very similar what WP7 is doing. Any ideas what changes your gonna do?
Serviio running on QNAP NAS 639 Pro - 1.6 Intel Dual Core - 2GB RAM and QNAP NAS 121 - 2Ghz ARM Marvell - 1GB RAM
Console using ServiiDroid for Android, ServiiMetro and ServiiWP for Windows Phone and WebUI for iOS
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:46 pm

Xmantium wrote:I always loved the Android action/menu button but it seems like Google want to change this! :(
http://android-developers.blogspot.com/2012/01/say-goodbye-to-menu-button.html

It looks very similar what WP7 is doing. Any ideas what changes your gonna do?

Already got some plans for that/a little bit of test code that I was playing with however I'm going to wait on a library that I will use to finish beta testing their new ICS version first before I do the rest of it/push it out over the market.

Until then i'm working on notifications when serviio finds new files, i've got the UI part done and a basic service, just need to get the background scheduling bit working properly so that the schedule can be changed and so that android doesn't kill it/it doesn't use up resources in the background.

If enabled you can now get notifcations that says (1 per server and can be turned on and off on a per server basis)
Servername has found X new files
The newest file is filename.avi
Will

<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:09 pm

will wrote:Servername has found X new files
[/quote]

I cannot wait for this addition.
Mark
Beta Tester Group
http://www.serviidb.com Online media resource repository

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:11 pm

I'm not too sure how anyones screens look when you've included last item added to library.

On my Galaxy S2, when this is shown, the Force Refresh button touches the bottom of the screen.
Its only a few pixels past my screen. Is there any way you can move status slightly up or making the buttons a few pixels smaller.
Or moving the upnp/DNLA circle status to next to the title Server Status
Or even better have user preference not to show last item added, as I usually use last item folder in Serviio

I want to see everything on the main screen without scrolling down for a few pixels.
I know I'm very picky! :roll:
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:07 pm

Xmantium wrote:I'm not too sure how anyones screens look when you've included last item added to library.

On my Galaxy S2, when this is shown, the Force Refresh button touches the bottom of the screen.
Its only a few pixels past my screen. Is there any way you can move status slightly up or making the buttons a few pixels smaller.
Or even better have user preference not to show last item added, as I usually use last item folder in Serviio

I want to see everything on the main screen without scrolling down for a few pixels.

you damn S2 causing issue again xmantuim? :roll:
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:35 am

If only i got the Galaxy Nexus! *Drool*

Just dual booted(still loving WP7) to latest ICS 4.0.3 ROM on my HTC HD2 to see how this app works and it works amazing!
It looks and feels better than Android 2.3 even though its the same build!
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:02 am

Xmantium wrote:I'm not too sure how anyones screens look when you've included last item added to library.

Try having a HTC Wildfire - I can only see down to Checking for updates - I have to scroll on pretty much every app (and thats only if the developers tested it and decided to put a scroll view)

I'll see if I can adjust it a bit to fit the most common screen size, however the file names can be multiple lines long so I have to account for that.

I want to keep the UPnP/DLNA server and green icon there as it makes the stop/start buttons more obvious as to what they do.

Buttons are already adjustable size so that they can expand for translations, they can't be any smaller without me changing font sizes and I want to stick to the three main font sizes, makes it all look nicer.

I'll look at putting a preference to hide it if I can't adjust it enough.

Xmantium wrote:If only i got the Galaxy Nexus! *Drool*

Just dual booted(still loving WP7) to latest ICS 4.0.3 ROM on my HTC HD2 to see how this app works and it works amazing!
It looks and feels better than Android 2.3 even though its the same build!

Before I was building it against the Android 2.3 API. Now I'm building it against 4.0.3 and have alternative styles and layouts to support both themes. Only problem is that I have to be very very careful whenever I use a new method to check that it exists all the way back to 2.1 otherwise the app will crash if the method doesn't exist (which is what I did by mistake for quickly saving the ignore this version button when a server update is ready)
Will

<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:57 pm

I don't know why people are still using Android 2.1, think in a few months there should be no support for these users and force them to upgrade! :roll:

At least the usage is slowing down - http://developer.android.com/resources/dashboard/platform-versions.html
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:03 pm

Its really the device manufacturers rather than the user's fault in a lot of cases.

Anyway should not be to much effort so I don't mind.
Will

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:20 pm

moltra wrote:
will wrote:Servername has found X new files

I cannot wait for this addition.

I've now finished implementing this. I'm going to run it on my phone with various time intervals over the next 24 hours, if I don't get any crashes I'll upload it tomorrow. Then based on feedback i'll adjust the controls and behaviour of it.

Right now you have the following controls:
  Code:
*global option to turn it on/off
*global update interval in minutes - ideal setting will vary but you want this to be less than your server update interval, preferably 1/4 -> 1/8 depending. At the moment this is raw minutes, I'll probably move it to a list of options (1, 5, 15, 30 (min), 1, 6, 12, 24 (hours))
*per server setting to turn it off
*global button to clear previous data and re-check all servers - i'll probably remove this in version subsequent versions, however it is useful for testing

Each time it runs it makes a note (on a per server basis) of the number of files and the last file, next time it runs you will get a notification if either are different.

It won't start until you have start the app up at least once and each time you do open the app it will run a check. Changing either the interval or turning it off then on will run it straight away.

So once I've uploaded it, try it out (move something on your server and force a refresh, and actually use it) and give me feedback on the controls and the way it works (and any crashes). I'll then implement the changes in another update a later this week and update the strings so that they can be translated.

At the moment the notification just pops up ie the led doesn't flash, the phone doesn't make a noise and it doesn't vibrate - which to people want? or should I just put options for all of them in and let people choose?
Will

<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:40 pm

i would let them choose
Mark
Beta Tester Group
http://www.serviidb.com Online media resource repository

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:53 pm

OK i'll put on/off for each. For now it will inherit your system defaults for notifications.
Will

<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:53 pm

will wrote:OK i'll put on/off for each. For now it will inherit your system defaults for notifications.

add a system default of custom switch, as personaly id leave mine as system default.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:11 pm

By that I mean on = on if system enabled and off = off
Will

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:20 am

Just a quick update, I got some crash reports last night in 3 different categories. 2 of them should already fixed in my 1.1 build, the other is a completely new problem and I'm working it.

@User running andorid 2.2 with the HTC vision - please get in contact with me so I can try and resole this issue.

OK think i've found the problem http://code.google.com/p/google-gson/is ... ail?id=255 http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=1760
Basically HTC have been lazy, used gson for their code and made it public so on your phone my code ends up using the system code and fails.
The fix is renaming the library (easy) however I will not be able to test this as I have CyanogenMod on my phone so It would really help if I could send you a test build for this.
Will

<<

Deto

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:40 pm

this app works great on my Galaxy Nexus.

will the source code be published?
Next

Return to Third-party tools integration