FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/Wifi Playback App)

<<

spudy12

DLNA master

Post Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:05 pm

Re: ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/Wifi Playback App)

will wrote:

Well time for you guys to put together a working profile :)

Prehaps a send to Chromecast button could be implemented to if Serviio is updated to support it? :)
(websites can be optimised for it so I imagine it just needs to User Agent?)
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:22 pm

spudy12 wrote:Prehaps a send to Chromecast button could be implemented to if Serviio is updated to support it? :)

Chromecast support requires a number of components to be done properly.

1. A working profile added to Serviio, probably based around HLS, the serviigo_gtv one would be one a starting point
2. A reciever application (web app type thing) that runs on the Chromecast. This is needed because the genetic players only support non-transcoded formats i.e. mp4. This could either be ServiiGo specific, or be a more general Serviio one used by ServiiGo, MediaBrowser, and anything else the knew how it works. Ideally it would incorporate support for Serviio's time based seeking that is required for transcoded content.
3. Sender app intergration, i.e. Chromecast button in ServiiGo or MediaBrowser. I hacked together some basic intergration a few months ago using the preview SDK, once the final SDK is out (its not being released properly to developers until the Google Play Servicies rollout completes) I can look at it again.

In the mean time, 1 can be tested by overriding the ServiiGo profile and playing via an external player that supports chromecast, with the aim being to create a profile that transcodes as little as possible while still enabiling playback. If this can be done before 1.4.1 is released then that would be great.
Will

ServiiDroid (Android Console) Developer: Download | Home | Support
ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/WiFi Playback App) Developer: Download | Home | Support
<<

spudy12

DLNA master

Post Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:28 pm

will wrote:
spudy12 wrote:Prehaps a send to Chromecast button could be implemented to if Serviio is updated to support it? :)

Chromecast support requires a number of components to be done properly.

1. A working profile added to Serviio, probably based around HLS, the serviigo_gtv one would be one a starting point
2. A reciever application (web app type thing) that runs on the Chromecast. This is needed because the genetic players only support non-transcoded formats i.e. mp4. This could either be ServiiGo specific, or be a more general Serviio one used by ServiiGo, MediaBrowser, and anything else the knew how it works. Ideally it would incorporate support for Serviio's time based seeking that is required for transcoded content.
3. Sender app intergration, i.e. Chromecast button in ServiiGo or MediaBrowser. I hacked together some basic intergration a few months ago using the preview SDK, once the final SDK is out (its not being released properly to developers until the Google Play Servicies rollout completes) I can look at it again.

In the mean time, 1 can be tested by overriding the ServiiGo profile and playing via an external player that supports chromecast, with the aim being to create a profile that transcodes as little as possible while still enabiling playback. If this can be done before 1.4.1 is released then that would be great.

I shall order myself a Chromecast then when they are released over here.

In my understanding of it, most formats are supported but require an app to be developed? It's just HLS that is supported natively?

Receiver app support
You have many options for displaying content on Chromecast. For simple media applications, you can use the default media player that can play back HTML5 media content. You can also customize it with your own branding and style using CSS.

For non-media applications, or for more flexibility and design options, you can build your own custom receiver application using standard web technologies. With a custom receiver you can build virtually any application while including support for many streaming protocols, including MPEG-DASH, HLS, and Microsoft Smooth Streaming, all of which are available in the Media Player Library.

I think this will be a really interesting feature if it works!
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:34 pm

spudy12 wrote:In my understanding of it, most formats are supported but require an app to be developed? It's just HLS that is supported natively?

Receiver app support
You have many options for displaying content on Chromecast. For simple media applications, you can use the default media player that can play back HTML5 media content. You can also customize it with your own branding and style using CSS.

For non-media applications, or for more flexibility and design options, you can build your own custom receiver application using standard web technologies. With a custom receiver you can build virtually any application while including support for many streaming protocols, including MPEG-DASH, HLS, and Microsoft Smooth Streaming, all of which are available in the Media Player Library.

I think this will be a really interesting feature if it works!

Pretty much, from https://developers.google.com/cast/docs/receiver_apps

The Default Media Receiver doesn't require a custom app, but doesn't support anything you can transcode to.

The Default Media Receiver supports the following media types:

Video codecs: H.264 High Profile Level 4.1, 4.2 and 5, VP8
Audio decoding: HE-AAC, LC-AAC, CELT/Opus, MP3, Vorbis
Image formats: BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG, WEBP
Containers: MP4, WebM

Whereas a custom reciever gives you full access to the media player library
The Google Cast SDK includes a media player library that simplifies support for other scenarios that require DRM or Adaptive Bitrate Streaming. You can use this library in conjunction with a Custom Receiver to add support for the following media types:

Containers: MPEG-DASH, SmoothStreaming, HTTP Live Streaming (HLS)
Level 1 DRM support: Widevine, PlayReady
Subtitles:
TTML - Timed Text Markup Language
WebVTT - Web Video Text Tracks
Will

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:16 pm

I've just uploaded 3.3.1 to Google Play which fixes a number of bugs. Re subtitles, if you get a failed to decode subtitles error, please send me the subtitle file.

Code:
==== 3.3.1 ====
*Improved detection and reporting of invalid server addresses
*Fixed parsing subtitles encoded using UTF with DOM
*Fixed parsing subtitles with non-standard markers at the start or end of the file
*Clear out the response cache when chaging profiles to avoid video playback errors
*Added an option to directly play long tracks
*Various minor bug fixes
*Updated translations
Will

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:54 pm

A heads up for any of you running ServiiGo on an old device or a non-google certified device, the next version of ServiiGo (4.0) will require Android 2.3.3+ and Google Play Services 4.2+ (which includes the Chromecast SDK and doesn't support Android 2.2). Once its published, I'll make the newest version with the older dependencies available via the website so that you can still access it, but assuming there aren't any major bug reports, 3.3.1 will probably be the last version. As for those of you with a non-google certified device, i.e. no Google Play and Google Play Services, time to side load it!
Will

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:50 pm

I've re-writen two major parts of the app, how it manages server data for navigation purposes, and image loading, as well as switching the ActionBar library I use for people on < 4.0, so need a few volunteers to test out the app before I push it out to the beta testers as I'm bound to have missed something. PM me with your email address if you are interested.
Will

<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:31 pm

Running solid to me over EE's 4G and Wifi, cant seem to make it crash! :x
But thats a good thing :)
Sony Bravia 2010 52NX803 - Sony PS3 - Xbox 360
Serviio running on QNAP NAS 639 Pro - 1.6 Intel Dual Core - 2GB RAM and QNAP NAS 121 - 2Ghz ARM Marvell - 1GB RAM
Console using ServiiDroid for Android, ServiiMetro and ServiiWP for Windows Phone and WebUI for iOS
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:49 pm

Great.

I was going to release 4.0 Beta 1 tonight, but my the SSD in my desktop has died on me. While I can build releases on my server, my laptop isn't really up to doing any decent development so I wouldn't be able to fix any bugs in a timely manner, so looks like it will be next weekend for the release.
Will

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:01 pm

I've just uploaded 4.0 Beta 1 to Google Play so it should be with your if you are a beta tester shortly. This has lots of internal changes and there are probably still a number of bugs, so please give it a proper test and report back.

I'm hoping to finalise Google TV support over this release, so if you have one please test it out.

While you are busy testing this I'll be working on chromecast support, I'm not sure exactly when it will be ready for testing, but it will be one of the major features of 4.0.

I've also been working on downloading videos for offline viewing, if you have any thoughts on that please let me know. My prototype works for tv episodes and movies in the non-folder view under original quality. Files are named on the SD card sensibly so that you can play them without using the app, but of course you can also play them back directly from ServiiGo.

Code:
==== 4.0 Beta 1 ====
*Improved resume support by automatically re-connecting and browsing to the last used folder
*Updated App icon and Themes
*Improved loading and error screens
*Updated action icons including XXHDPI assets
*Added share action to images in the image slideshow
*Thumbnails are shown while loading higher resolution images in the image slideshow (#85)
*Changed image loading implementation to use Picasso
*Improved error messages for network related issues
*Force the screen to stay on in the Video Player
*Added support for playing back non-mp3 files natively (requires profile change to be activated)
*Improved performance of Music Player widget and notification updates
*Nicer large style Music Player widget (now requires Android 3.0+)
*Fixed the Music Player widgets controls on Android 4.4+
*Changed the ActionBar implementation for legacy devices from ActionBarSherlock to AppCompat
*Added a Changelog on startup for beta testers (#75)
*Various minor bug fixes and improvements
*Updated PhotoView library
Will

<<

ASAP

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:00 am

I just download 4.0 Beta 1.

I am not able to Share my picture via MMS. I don't see "Messages" under the Share button in ServiioGo app but I am able to see it in my Gallery app.
ServiioGo1.jpg
ServiioGo1.jpg (69.17 KiB) Viewed 11792 times

ServiioGo2.jpg
ServiioGo2.jpg (90.26 KiB) Viewed 11792 times
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:10 am

ASAP wrote:I just download 4.0 Beta 1.

I am not able to Share my picture via MMS. I don't see "Messages" under the Share button in ServiioGo app but I am able to see it in my Gallery app.
ServiioGo1.jpg

ServiioGo2.jpg

OK thanks, looking into that now.
Will

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:38 am

ASAP wrote:I just download 4.0 Beta 1.

ServiioGo1.jpg

ServiioGo2.jpg

Which app is that, and what phone/android version? Non of my photo apps show Messages as an option when I try to share an image.
Will

<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:39 pm

Second image looks like stock HTC gallery viewer
Serviio running on QNAP NAS 639 Pro - 1.6 Intel Dual Core - 2GB RAM and QNAP NAS 121 - 2Ghz ARM Marvell - 1GB RAM
Console using ServiiDroid for Android, ServiiMetro and ServiiWP for Windows Phone and WebUI for iOS
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:34 am

Xmantium wrote:Second image looks like stock HTC gallery viewer

Yes I've been emailing with that user, seems that HTC have changed the intent used for sending images over MMS, it only appears in the built in apps, unless you explicity call it, which kind of defeats the point of giving the user a list of apps to share content with if you need a second button just to share via MMS.

Anythoughts on the propsed download feature?
Will

<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:16 am

Download pictures would be great, that way the pictures can be used on other apps on the phone.
<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:16 am

Download pictures would be great, that way the pictures can be used on other apps on the phone.
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:19 am

Xmantium wrote:Download pictures would be great, that way the pictures can be used on other apps on the phone.

Download one picture at a time, a whole album, with or without original file names? At the moment you can share any image with photo apps on the phone, so you shouldn't need to save and then specially open images to use them in other apps.
Will

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:30 pm

Just watched a complete TV show episode on my Chromecast using ServiiGo (getting Serviio to transcode the audio and re-package the H.264 stream into a HLS container). I've also got the image gallery connected up so that you can cast photos to your TV. Still a load of stuff to do/work out, but its starting to take shape.
Will

<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:42 am

Great! You are the master, mate.
PreviousNext

Return to Third-party tools integration