FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/Wifi Playback App)

<<

Pleblo

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:11 pm

Re: ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/Wifi Playback App)

bengio wrote:Hi Pablo I'm interested about your test on Amazon Fire TV stick. I follow you. Bye

Inviato dal mio Xperia S utilizzando Tapatalk

Bengio,

I got a couple fire sticks for my family to watch my movies from my server. I ported over serviigo to the fire stick using the AFTV sideloader. This worked great. Serviigo works pretty good. Since I am streaming everything from my home network I do see some issues with bandwidth but that was expected. About 90% of my movies work using MX player that I also had to port over with AFTV sideloader also. I had to mess with the configuration in Serviigo and MX player. One issue that I found that isn't a huge deal is when you port over using AFTV sideloader the apps dont' show up under apps you have to go to the manage section and run them from there. Its a lot of clicking just to get a movie started but still worth it.

If anyone finds a better player that can play AC3 sound that would be very helpful. Using the built in one for serviigo works for the audio but the picture quality is so bad its unwatchable. Amazon's build in player doesn't work for AC3 but plays movies pretty good too.
<<

bengio

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:17 pm

Thanks Plebo for the updating.

ServiiGo beta tester
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:35 pm

Pleblo wrote:
bengio wrote:Hi Pablo I'm interested about your test on Amazon Fire TV stick. I follow you. Bye

Bengio,

I got a couple fire sticks for my family to watch my movies from my server. I ported over serviigo to the fire stick using the AFTV sideloader. This worked great. Serviigo works pretty good. Since I am streaming everything from my home network I do see some issues with bandwidth but that was expected. About 90% of my movies work using MX player that I also had to port over with AFTV sideloader also. I had to mess with the configuration in Serviigo and MX player. One issue that I found that isn't a huge deal is when you port over using AFTV sideloader the apps dont' show up under apps you have to go to the manage section and run them from there. Its a lot of clicking just to get a movie started but still worth it.

If anyone finds a better player that can play AC3 sound that would be very helpful. Using the built in one for serviigo works for the audio but the picture quality is so bad its unwatchable. Amazon's build in player doesn't work for AC3 but plays movies pretty good too.

Have you tried selecting the TV profile from ServiiGo's settings?
Will

ServiiDroid (Android Console) Developer: Download | Home | Support
ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/WiFi Playback App) Developer: Download | Home | Support
<<

Pleblo

Streaming enthusiast

Post Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:15 pm

will wrote:
Pleblo wrote:

Bengio,

Have you tried selecting the TV profile from ServiiGo's settings?

Will,

I did try the TV profile from serviigo it works for some but others it just can't handle the stream. For now my parents are happen to be able to stream some of the movies I will work more on it next time I am down visiting. I told them if it won't work on MX player then they won't be able to watch it till I can find a solution. Mostly it was TV shows that were done in MKV.
<<

bengio

Streaming enthusiast

Post Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:20 am

Hi. Whit the last update of DSM on my nas synology ds213j of yesterday (dsm 5.1-5021 update 2), serviigo doesn't access to the server Serviio (connection failed). I have the same problem on all my dispositive (2 smartphone, tablet). I use serviigo from 6 month without problem…obviously i have pro license.
I tried to cancel cache and date of app. Then in Serviigo i tried to add server…but the app see Serviio (Diskstation) but it's impossible to add the server. Thanks

ServiiGo beta tester
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:42 pm

bengio wrote:Hi. Whit the last update of DSM on my nas synology ds213j of yesterday (dsm 5.1-5021 update 2), serviigo doesn't access to the server Serviio (connection failed). I have the same problem on all my dispositive (2 smartphone, tablet). I use serviigo from 6 month without problem…obviously i have pro license.
I tried to cancel cache and date of app. Then in Serviigo i tried to add server…but the app see Serviio (Diskstation) but it's impossible to add the server. Thanks

Do MediaBrowser or any DLNA clients work?

It's very unlikely to be a problem with ServiiGo. I would try restarting your NAS then checking the log for errors, and if it still doesn't work post in the NAS section of the forum.
Will

<<

bengio

Streaming enthusiast

Post Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:43 pm

will wrote:
bengio wrote:Hi. Whit the last update of DSM on my nas synology ds213j of yesterday (dsm 5.1-5021 update 2), serviigo doesn't access to the server Serviio (connection failed). I have the same problem on all my dispositive (2 smartphone, tablet). I use serviigo from 6 month without problem…obviously i have pro license.

Do MediaBrowser or any DLNA clients work?

It's very unlikely to be a problem with ServiiGo. I would try restarting your NAS then checking the log for errors, and if it still doesn't work post in the NAS section of the forum.

Thanks. I simply restart the NAs and seviigo now function
ServiiGo beta tester
<<

stewartadam

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:43 pm

Content Protection

Hi,

i have been using Serviio with my synology NAS and my family's various media devices for quite some time.

I have always found most of the android UPNP clients very clunky (for the wife and kids) and was really excited when i tried out the serviio go app.....just what i was looking for, elegant and easy to use...

right up to the point where my 5 year old was able to bypass the content control i had been using for adult/kids videos...

I have used the Serviio Pro limited access function to prevent new devices from accessing anything but kids suitable media on the network.

Is there anyway i can restore this function please....i would happily pay the premium fee for this function to use the Serviio Go app with Serviio Pro.

All devices are on static IP (new devices need to go into the auto limited group) and i can set up each one individually.

Thanks
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:50 pm

Re: Content Protection

stewartadam wrote:Hi,

i have been using Serviio with my synology NAS and my family's various media devices for quite some time.

I have always found most of the android UPNP clients very clunky (for the wife and kids) and was really excited when i tried out the serviio go app.....just what i was looking for, elegant and easy to use...

right up to the point where my 5 year old was able to bypass the content control i had been using for adult/kids videos...

I have used the Serviio Pro limited access function to prevent new devices from accessing anything but kids suitable media on the network.

Is there anyway i can restore this function please....i would happily pay the premium fee for this function to use the Serviio Go app with Serviio Pro.

All devices are on static IP (new devices need to go into the auto limited group) and i can set up each one individually.

Thanks

Hi,

Support for access groups is in ServiiGo, but it requires Serviio 1.5 which is due for public release very soon. If you don't want to wait you could send a PM to zip requesting access to the beta testers group.
Will

<<

bengio

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:22 pm

Hi will,
in Audio/Album, the compilation isn't shows like one album but n album like the number of tracks.
for example in Album/Album there are 23 Django Unchained cover, one cover for each song.
The name of each file is "album - artist- track" like "Django Unchained - Ennio Morricone - Sister Sara's Theme.mp3".
how can I do to display only one album for each compilation?
thanks.
Bye
ServiiGo beta tester
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:24 pm

bengio wrote:Hi will,
in Audio/Album, the compilation isn't shows like one album but n album like the number of tracks.
for example in Album/Album there are 23 Django Unchained cover, one cover for each song.
The name of each file is "album - artist- track" like "Django Unchained - Ennio Morricone - Sister Sara's Theme.mp3".
thanks.
Bye

Does it display as one or many albums via MediaBrowser?

I would check the id3 tags to ensure that the compilation flag is set and that the album artist is the same for all tracks.
Will

<<

bengio

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:40 pm

will wrote:
thanks.
Bye

I would check the id3 tags to ensure that the compilation flag is set and that the album artist is the same for all tracks.

thanks for reply
i have the same problem on MediaBrowser...
I Have extrated file with Floola from my ipod classic. In Ipod classic Django Unchained is a compilation...
I will try to check the id3 tags..but i don't know where i can see the compilation flag...
Thanks a lot
bye
ServiiGo beta tester
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:41 am

Small update which fixes a few minor bugs (including crash when re-connecting to a Chromecast). It also fixes ads which broke some time in Jan, funny how no one reported that.

Code:
*Recommend Serviio 1.5
*Re-shuffle tracks when adding them to the Music Player queue
*Fixed Ads not loading
*Various minor bug files

Going forward I should now be able to work on 5.0 a bit more, and would like to get the first beta out some time in mid to late March.
Last edited by will on Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Will

<<

bengio

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:52 pm

Thanks Will. On my synology nas ds213j haven't 1.5 yet. What I do? Upgrade or not? I have 1.4.1.2.Thank

Inviato dal mio LG-D802 utilizzando Tapatalk
ServiiGo beta tester
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:33 pm

bengio wrote:Thanks Will. On my synology nas ds213j haven't 1.5 yet. What I do? Upgrade or not? I have 1.4.1.2.Thank

ServiiGo will work just fine with 1.4 so you may just want to wait until there is a package available for your NAS.
Will

<<

bengio

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:48 pm

Re: R: ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/Wifi Playback App)

will wrote:
bengio wrote:Thanks Will. On my synology nas ds213j haven't 1.5 yet. What I do? Upgrade or not? I have 1.4.1.2.Thank

ServiiGo will work just fine with 1.4 so you may just want to wait until there is a package available for your NAS.

Oh.. No..! Google Play have automatically updated serviigo... And now?

ServiiGo beta tester
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:53 pm

Re: R: ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/Wifi Playback App)

bengio wrote:
will wrote:

Oh.. No..! Google Play have automatically updated serviigo... And now?

ServiiGo works with Serviio 1.2 -> 1.5 so no need to worry. Once a package is available you can update your NAS, but it will work either way.
Will

<<

bengio

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:57 pm

Ok thks Will

ServiiGo beta tester
<<

bengio

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:30 pm

will wrote:
thanks.
Bye

HI Will. with program "ID3 editor" i have flagged every song of the album (Dexter OST) like a compilation, but in serviigo or mediaBrowser in album section i have a lot of sogn for each singer...If i import these songs (dexter OST) in Itunes they are imported correctly like a compilation. Thanks
P.S: the artist can't be the same in a OST Compilation album
ServiiGo beta tester
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:48 pm

bengio wrote:HI Will. with program "ID3 editor" i have flagged every song of the album (Dexter OST) like a compilation, but in serviigo or mediaBrowser in album section i have a lot of sogn for each singer...If i import these songs (dexter OST) in Itunes they are imported correctly like a compilation. Thanks
P.S: the artist can't be the same in a OST Compilation album

Could you start a new thread about this so that someone can help you as this isn't anything I can fix with ServiiGo as it also affects MediaBrowser.
Will

PreviousNext

Return to Third-party tools integration