FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/Wifi Playback App)

<<

Sonntag

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:55 am

Re: ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/Wifi Playback App)

mikeww1 wrote:Now my question is how can I force transcoding while using serviiGo ?

Choose enhanced mode in Serviigo and pick the quality other than original.
<<

mikeww1

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:55 pm

Thank you Sonntag for this helpful hint.

I tried it and it worked but I am still not satisfied. When I use enhanced profile to play an hd video I get a choice of 3 qualities.
original , middle, low.
Using original ends up with no transcoding. Using middle reduces also the resolution and creates block artefacts.
What I want is a recoding without lowering the resolution.

As I said this works when using the chrome browser, so I hope I can get it to work with ServiiGo too.

If I have to tweak some settings than I am ready to do that.
<<

Sonntag

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:24 pm

mikeww1 wrote:Thank you Sonntag for this helpful hint.

I tried it and it worked but I am still not satisfied. When I use enhanced profile to play an hd video I get a choice of 3 qualities.
original , middle, low.
Using original ends up with no transcoding. Using middle reduces also the resolution and creates block artefacts.
What I want is a recoding without lowering the resolution.

As I said this works when using the chrome browser, so I hope I can get it to work with ServiiGo too.

If I have to tweak some settings than I am ready to do that.

Well... From what I know - all I can suggest is tweak ffmpeg settings using wrapper (like I did and described in my previous posts).
On your windows server this should be also doable with .bat file. Unfortunately Serviio does not offer any options for the user to tune ffmpeg settings.
This might be a nice wish request for the developer though.
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:52 am

mikeww1 wrote:I have a question regarding fire tv.

I have my serviio server at home and my new fire tv 4k at my summer house. I have a permanent vpn tunnel between the two locations.
I am using mediabrowser on my ipad to stream videos to my tv via hdmi cable. Works perfect but I always have to walk to the tv to operate that installation.

Now I want to improve that installation an use the fire tv for that.
I installed serviiGo and mx player and vlc player on the box.
I could easily connect to my serviio but when I play videos I found out that no transcoding occurred and hd videos could therefore not be played without stutter.

Then I tried to use chrome on the Fire tv and mediabrowser and could show that it works like a charm with transcoding and the same hd videos but the handling is terrible as you can imagine.

Now my question is how can I force transcoding while using serviiGo ?
My Server is Win7 64 and the version is 5.x.

Hi, if you open up the application profiles.xml file on your server, and find the enhanced profile, then you can change the bit rate and resolution of the medium profile so that it matches what you want for a TV. Once done restart the Serviio server service/reboot. There is also a hidden TV profile, so if you pm me with your email address I can put a build together for you that gives that as an option on the firetv.
Will

ServiiDroid (Android Console) Developer: Download | Home | Support
ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/WiFi Playback App) Developer: Download | Home | Support
<<

mikeww1

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:24 pm

Hi Will have you received my pm ?
<<

fmustang76

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:39 am

I have begun to have an issue with using the ServiiGo app, ver 4.4.1, to cast to two Chromecast 1st generation devices in one household as well as two Chromecast 2nd generation devices in a separate household with each household using different routers. Sometimes it works (less & less, maybe 1 out of 5 times) and the other times I get error 502. Began about Sept 21 for me but noticed a couple other users in the Google Chromecast forums are having the same error with another app. At first I thought maybe an update to Chromecast broke something but neither the app, the router or the Chromecast have been updated recently. Internet appears to be working fine otherwise without issue. Other apps I have tried like Youtube seem to connect and cast just fine without issue or error. Until the error began showing, Serviio was 1.6.1. Both households have now been updated to 1.7. I have also tried Serviio 1.5.2. None of that resolved the issue. Today during one of the attempts to connect, the Chromecast seemed to have crashed & randomly rebooted itself. Attached is a screenshot.

I suspect it is a Chromecast or Google issue since it was working just fine and the error just recently started to appear without any configuration changes.

Anyone else having this issue or have any ideas what it could be or how to fix it? If you need more info just ask me. Thanks

502.jpg
Serviigo Chromecast 502
502.jpg (93.58 KiB) Viewed 26795 times
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:26 pm

fmustang76 wrote:I have begun to have an issue with using the ServiiGo app, ver 4.4.1, to cast to two Chromecast 1st generation devices in one household as well as two Chromecast 2nd generation devices in a separate household with each household using different routers. Sometimes it works (less & less, maybe 1 out of 5 times) and the other times I get error 502. Began about Sept 21 for me but noticed a couple other users in the Google Chromecast forums are having the same error with another app. At first I thought maybe an update to Chromecast broke something but neither the app, the router or the Chromecast have been updated recently. Internet appears to be working fine otherwise without issue. Other apps I have tried like Youtube seem to connect and cast just fine without issue or error. Until the error began showing, Serviio was 1.6.1. Both households have now been updated to 1.7. I have also tried Serviio 1.5.2. None of that resolved the issue. Today during one of the attempts to connect, the Chromecast seemed to have crashed & randomly rebooted itself. Attached is a screenshot.

I suspect it is a Chromecast or Google issue since it was working just fine and the error just recently started to appear without any configuration changes.

Anyone else having this issue or have any ideas what it could be or how to fix it? If you need more info just ask me. Thanks

502.jpg

Not sure, but that does look like a Chromecast issue. I'll see if I can find something out, but not sure if I can be much help unless I can reproduce it.
Will

<<

fmustang76

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:31 am

OK, Thanks. Is everything still working correctly for you?

I have considered it might be a ISP issue but I'm not sure if the ISP is the same for the others having the same problem. I'll have to see if I can find someone around here with a different ISP and test it out. Let me know if you find out anything or if you need more info.

BTW, the Chromecast support forum for this error is linked below.

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chromecast/CZ18JftLBUE
<<

fmustang76

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:16 pm

I was wondering if any resources for this app are stored online with say Google servers. What comes to mind is when the Chromecast icon is clicked in Serviigo, does the splash screen that shows the Serviigo icon and says "Ready to Cast" stored in the app and sent to the Chromecast directly or is it pulled from say a Google server location?

Some of my tests have resulted in either the error shown above, sometimes a black screen and sometimes it shows the Serviigo App details on the lower left of the screen but not the Serviigo icon in the middle of the screen. Just hoping this info can maybe help narrow down the issue. Then it returns to the wallpaper slideshow after about 1 minute. Thanks
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:07 pm

fmustang76 wrote:I was wondering if any resources for this app are stored online with say Google servers. What comes to mind is when the Chromecast icon is clicked in Serviigo, does the splash screen that shows the Serviigo icon and says "Ready to Cast" stored in the app and sent to the Chromecast directly or is it pulled from say a Google server location?

Some of my tests have resulted in either the error shown above, sometimes a black screen and sometimes it shows the Serviigo App details on the lower left of the screen but not the Serviigo icon in the middle of the screen. Just hoping this info can maybe help narrow down the issue. Then it returns to the wallpaper slideshow after about 1 minute. Thanks

Yes you are right, it's hosted on Google Drive and something seems to have changed/broken. I will try to fix it but I'm stupidly busy at the moment.
Will

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:16 pm

will wrote:
fmustang76 wrote:I was wondering if any resources for this app are stored online with say Google servers. What comes to mind is when the Chromecast icon is clicked in Serviigo, does the splash screen that shows the Serviigo icon and says "Ready to Cast" stored in the app and sent to the Chromecast directly or is it pulled from say a Google server location?

Yes you are right, it's hosted on Google Drive and something seems to have changed/broken. I will try to fix it but I'm stupidly busy at the moment.

I've moved it over to bitbucket.io, not sure how long it will take to update at Google's end, maybe try rebooting your chromecast.
Will

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:20 pm

Working for me now.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Will

<<

fmustang76

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:14 pm

Just did a test on all four Chromecasts... the two 1st gen and the two 2nd gen Chromecasts and they are working again! Thanks!!
<<

Nomadikhan

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:36 pm

Today I set about converting and adding more music, I have been lazy and got behind. Anyway, I added a new album of mp3 music and serviio ofc picked it up and added it to it's library. The music plays perfectly fine on windows Groove, WMP12, and serviio's built in webserver. However, since adding, everytime I tap on an album, genre, or anything that will bring up songs in ServiioGo.. the app crashes and I get a message telling me it's sent a crash report. I have no error number, mention of any log saved on my phone, no way to figure out why it's crashing.

Videos, and pictures, are unaffected and work/play without issue.

Edit: Forgot to note, I am on android 4.4 kitkat and the app version is 4.4.1
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:58 am

Nomadikhan wrote:Today I set about converting and adding more music, I have been lazy and got behind. Anyway, I added a new album of mp3 music and serviio ofc picked it up and added it to it's library. The music plays perfectly fine on windows Groove, WMP12, and serviio's built in webserver. However, since adding, everytime I tap on an album, genre, or anything that will bring up songs in ServiioGo.. the app crashes and I get a message telling me it's sent a crash report. I have no error number, mention of any log saved on my phone, no way to figure out why it's crashing.

Please send me a PM with your email address/email me at the support address on Google Play and I will send you a preview build of the latest dev version.

Will

<<

Nomadikhan

Streaming enthusiast

Post Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:51 am

will wrote:
Nomadikhan wrote:Today I set about converting and adding more music, I have been lazy and got behind. Anyway, I added a new album of mp3 music and serviio ofc picked it up and added it to it's library. The music plays perfectly fine on windows Groove, WMP12, and serviio's built in webserver. However, since adding, everytime I tap on an album, genre, or anything that will bring up songs in ServiioGo.. the app crashes and I get a message telling me it's sent a crash report. I have no error number, mention of any log saved on my phone, no way to figure out why it's crashing.

Please send me a PM with your email address/email me at the support address on Google Play and I will send you a preview build of the latest dev version.

Sent! Thank you for your time!
<<

Nomadikhan

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:03 am

Nomadikhan wrote:
will wrote:

Sent! Thank you for your time!

Just wanted to post a follow-up here. I downloaded and tried the dev build on my galaxy tab 4 and the problem was rectified instantly. On my droid maxx phone, oddly, it took three times of the app instantly crashing but on fourth time it worked and it now is functioning as intended. I'm not sure what it's problem was but seems like it's okay now. Thanks for the help!
<<

kennyjbkk

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:23 am

Could be a dumb question. But can anyone advise how to get the ServiiGo's donate key? I tried to buy donate version on Google Play but it said it's not available in my region (I'm in Thailand).

Please advise. Thanks.
<<

alpinestars

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:32 pm

Hi all,

just a small question from my site. I decided to disable the category music due to the fact that I have no content in it. Nevertheless serviigo still shows me all three categories (music, photos and movies), MediaBrowser hides the category. Are there any hints or is it a bug?

I use the following:
- Serviio Pro 1.8
- Serviigo 4.4.1
- Android 6.1

Thanks a lot!

alpinestars
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:14 pm

alpinestars wrote:Hi all,

just a small question from my site. I decided to disable the category music due to the fact that I have no content in it. Nevertheless serviigo still shows me all three categories (music, photos and movies), MediaBrowser hides the category. Are there any hints or is it a bug?

I use the following:
- Serviio Pro 1.8
- Serviigo 4.4.1
- Android 6.1

Thanks a lot!

alpinestars

Hi, sorry for the massive delay, somehow missed your post. That is how it works at the moment, I'll think about a way to change it to respect the top level categories.
Will

PreviousNext

Return to Third-party tools integration