FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/Wifi Playback App)

<<

Pleblo

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:46 pm

Re: ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/Wifi Playback App)

Awesome Will. Your doing a good job. So far my testing with the beta has been good I haven't seen any issues on my end. Can't wait to try out the chromecast part when you release it.
<<

NX3

DLNA master

Post Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:35 pm

Chromecast hit the UK today, got mine at 9:01am so ready to test away :)
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:44 pm

Will, let me know when the Chrome cast stuff is all working, I'll run it on the website.
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:18 pm

zip wrote:Will, let me know when the Chrome cast stuff is all working, I'll run it on the website.

Will do, although I don't really have an ETA yet as I don't have nearly as much free time as I would like to work on this at the moment.
Will

ServiiDroid (Android Console) Developer: Download | Home | Support
ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/WiFi Playback App) Developer: Download | Home | Support
<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:35 am

Chromecast has been officially launched in Europe!

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/features/dig ... rvices-uk/

To be honest, Serviio via DNLA on my Bravia works so well. I used my imported Chromecast for two days just to see what the fuss about.
Sony Bravia 2010 52NX803 - Sony PS3 - Xbox 360
Serviio running on QNAP NAS 639 Pro - 1.6 Intel Dual Core - 2GB RAM and QNAP NAS 121 - 2Ghz ARM Marvell - 1GB RAM
Console using ServiiDroid for Android, ServiiMetro and ServiiWP for Windows Phone and WebUI for iOS
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:06 am

Xmantium wrote:Chromecast has been officially launched in Europe!

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/features/dig ... rvices-uk/

To be honest, Serviio via DNLA on my Bravia works so well. I used my imported Chromecast for two days just to see what the fuss about.

I see it as the next generation of DLNA Play To, without the problems of making sure your phone requests media in the formats required by your TV. Phones and tablets are a really great way to browse and search for content, whereas tv's are less so, lots of often clunky navigating around to find what you want.

Another big benifit is that you can play content on a remote Serviio server via Chromecast, meaning you can go over to a friends who has a chromecast (or take yours) and watch your media on their TV, or you could give your family access to your Serviio server, and they can browse it using ServiiGo and then watch content on their own. In the past I've taken my Google TV box with me when visiting family for the holidays to look over photos and watch videos, from now on I'll take my chromecast which is much smaller.
Will

<<

Pleblo

Streaming enthusiast

Post Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:48 pm

Another big benifit is that you can play content on a remote Serviio server via Chromecast, meaning you can go over to a friends who has a chromecast (or take yours) and watch your media on their TV, or you could give your family access to your Serviio server, and they can browse it using ServiiGo and then watch content on their own. In the past I've taken my Google TV box with me when visiting family for the holidays to look over photos and watch videos, from now on I'll take my chromecast which is much smaller.

That is if they have some type of android device and not an apple or windows phone/tablet to run seviiGo. Right now I have this issue with my parents if I go down to visit I will have to use my phone to control the chromecast. I have been trying to get them to get off apple products for a while.

But maybe I can buy a cheap tablet to keep down there to control it as a remote. Im just scared buying something cheap that might not work.

Jim
<<

mackowiakp

Serviio lover

Post Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:02 pm

Sorry for double topic, but I dont know which one section is correct. If it disturb - Admin, please dont be cruel for me ;)

I have several Android devices with ServiiGo installed on it.
- Samsung Galaxy S4 mini, Android 4.2.2 - work perfectly
- No-Name tablet - Android 4.0.4 - work perfectly
- Samsung Galaxy S4 - Android 4.3 - no video playback
- Samsung Galaxy Note mod 2014 - Android 4.3 - no video playback.

In the last two cases, audio and photo files are reproduced properly. But if I click on any on-line source, it rapports "Application was closed". And when I loot to the Serviio server, even ffmpeg was not started. So - i think - it could be potential incompatibility with 4.3 ver of Android.

It was about a year ago similar topic, but the Android version it was discuses was 4.2.2. And symptoms where a little bit different.

So I made denotation for ServiiGo :) so can anybody help me, what to do now?
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:04 pm

Hi, this is the best place to post as I subscribe to updates. Can you try the latest beta and see if the issue still exists as I may have fixed it already. The details are in the first post of this thread
Will

<<

mackowiakp

Serviio lover

Post Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:20 am

Yep! Now it works correctly with all Android versions I use.
Please consider changing the version available on Google Play.
<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:00 pm

Hi Will, is an option coming for automatic playing next file.
My son whose one years old can spend ages on MediaBrowser on iPad but on ServiiGo it goes back to the main screen.

Also will be cool is "lock" everything on internal player. On Samsung this is activated by power button, on b.s. player is on-screen menu. Very handy as capacitive buttons pressed easily by a child.
Sony Bravia 2010 52NX803 - Sony PS3 - Xbox 360
Serviio running on QNAP NAS 639 Pro - 1.6 Intel Dual Core - 2GB RAM and QNAP NAS 121 - 2Ghz ARM Marvell - 1GB RAM
Console using ServiiDroid for Android, ServiiMetro and ServiiWP for Windows Phone and WebUI for iOS
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:45 pm

Xmantium wrote:Hi Will, is an option coming for automatic playing next file.
My son whose one years old can spend ages on MediaBrowser on iPad but on ServiiGo it goes back to the main screen.

Also will be cool is "lock" everything on internal player. On Samsung this is activated by power button, on b.s. player is on-screen menu. Very handy as capacitive buttons pressed easily by a child.

Last time I checked there weren't any votes for the issue on bitbucket so I haven't been looking at it, if you want it please vote to give me an idea of priority. It will be doable for the internal player, and I think that could work with MX Player, but not with any of the others as far as I know.

As for locking the screen, please file a separate issue.
Will

<<

spudy12

DLNA master

Post Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:19 pm

I haven't had the time to research in to this, but could serviiogo be installed / ported to the amazon fire? (New TV Box)

If so, could DIAL intergration be intergrated as to control it from the app on the phone?
More info here: https://developer.amazon.com/public/com ... on-Fire-TV
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:46 pm

spudy12 wrote:I haven't had the time to research in to this, but could serviiogo be installed / ported to the amazon fire? (New TV Box)

If so, could DIAL intergration be intergrated as to control it from the app on the phone?

Assuming Amazon haven't messed with too much stuff, then the current version (3.3.1) should run just fine as there are already a number of optimisations in the app that are activated when running on a device without a touchscreen.

However, the next version (4.0) will not run because it requires Google Play Services for Chromecast support, and going forward developers who want to publish apps on Google Play which use AdMob or Analytics (both of which ServiiGo uses), have to use the new versions that are now part of Google Play Services. So I would have to build a Google edition of the app, that uses Google Play Services (which includes AdMob Analytics and Cast SDKs), and a non-Google edition, which uses the legacy AdMob and Analytics SDKs but can be installed on devices without Google Play Services. Now the new Android build system does support this (via 'product flavours'), but there is still some hacking required to proxy requests to the required libraries, but it is certainly possible.

As for DIAL, I'm already planning on doing that some time after 4.0 so that you can control ServiiGo running on Google TV's and those generic Android powered TV sticks/small boxes. But first I want to get Chromecast support and the UX around controlling a remote device sorted.

If you do get one, let me know and I can send you test builds that should run.
Will

<<

spudy12

DLNA master

Post Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:43 pm

will wrote:
spudy12 wrote:I haven't had the time to research in to this, but could serviiogo be installed / ported to the amazon fire? (New TV Box)

Assuming Amazon haven't messed with too much stuff, then the current version (3.3.1) should run just fine as there are already a number of optimisations in the app that are activated when running on a device without a touchscreen.

However, the next version (4.0) will not run because it requires Google Play Services for Chromecast support, and going forward developers who want to publish apps on Google Play which use AdMob or Analytics (both of which ServiiGo uses), have to use the new versions that are now part of Google Play Services. So I would have to build a Google edition of the app, that uses Google Play Services (which includes AdMob Analytics and Cast SDKs), and a non-Google edition, which uses the legacy AdMob and Analytics SDKs but can be installed on devices without Google Play Services. Now the new Android build system does support this (via 'product flavours'), but there is still some hacking required to proxy requests to the required libraries, but it is certainly possible.

As for DIAL, I'm already planning on doing that some time after 4.0 so that you can control ServiiGo running on Google TV's and those generic Android powered TV sticks/small boxes. But first I want to get Chromecast support and the UX around controlling a remote device sorted.

Sounds great! Yes I can understand it requires a lot more effort maintaining two versions.
Can't wait for the chromecast support, but I do think the Amazon Fire could be a real contender with the hardware its packing.

Need to read up more on this DIAL but sounds like it could be a winner
<<

spudy12

DLNA master

Post Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:43 pm

will wrote:

Sounds great! Yes I can understand it requires a lot more effort maintaining two versions.
Can't wait for the chromecast support, but I do think the Amazon Fire could be a real contender with the hardware its packing.

Need to read up more on this DIAL but sounds like it could be a winner
<<

mike4001

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:21 am

Hi

Just wondering if Chromecast support will also work over the internet?

So I have Serviio running on my PC at home, then go to a friend with my phone and Chromecast, plug it in and stream content over the internet via my mobile phone to Chromecast at his place.

thanks.
<<

mike4001

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:24 am

Another question/request:

I would also love a list few of my Videos/Files.

The big screenshots + File name below looks good, but it needs much space. So I would like the possibilty to change to a more compact list view.
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:52 am

mike4001 wrote:Hi

Just wondering if Chromecast support will also work over the internet?

So I have Serviio running on my PC at home, then go to a friend with my phone and Chromecast, plug it in and stream content over the internet via my mobile phone to Chromecast at his place.

thanks.

Yes it works over the internet (tested a few days ago while visiting family). You browse your server as normal and then send the video url + metadata to the Chromecast, which then makes the connection to Serviio, so you can even turn your phone off without affecting playback.
Will

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:52 am

mike4001 wrote:Another question/request:

I would also love a list few of my Videos/Files.

The big screenshots + File name below looks good, but it needs much space. So I would like the possibilty to change to a more compact list view.

Ok, I'll add that to my todo list.
Will

PreviousNext

Return to Third-party tools integration