FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/Wifi Playback App)

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:22 pm

ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/Wifi Playback App)

ServiiGo lets you browse and stream all the media stored on your Serviio server to your android device.

Unlike DLNA based apps, ServiiGo uses a new API built into Serviio Pro that works over the internet as well as at home. This means you can now access all your media using 3G/4G mobile networks and WiFi hotspots away from home.

Designed with small phones up to large tablets in mind, and optimised to work with the way that Serviio delivers content, ServiiGo is the way to access your media on the go.

Please rate and review the app, but don't post support requests using comments on Google Play as I cannot respond to them.

Download ServiiGo from Google Play.

NOTE: ServiiGo requires Serviio Pro

Want to help test the next version of ServiiGo? Become a member of the new ServiiGo beta testing programme!

Step 1: Opt-in to the beta programme at https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.serviigo
Step 2: After a few minutes, go to Google Play and check for an update. If there isn't a beta version available at the time, you will receive the latest stable version (i.e. you will always be running the most recent version)

Please also consider supporting future development by buying the Donate key from Google Play. As a bonus it will remove the ads and add some bonus features (see the project site for details).

For more details, see the project site
Last edited by will on Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:51 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Will

ServiiDroid (Android Console) Developer: Download | Home | Support
ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/WiFi Playback App) Developer: Download | Home | Support
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:31 pm

Re: ServiiGo - Android 3G/4G/Wifi Playback App

The app has now officially launched (see changes from RC2 here). Thank you for the feedback from beta testers. I have a lot of plans for the future, so stay tuned for lots of updates.
Will

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:02 am

Re: ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/Wifi Playback App)

Small update (knew this would happen)
  Code:
==== 1.0.1 ====
*Fixed FC on Honeycomb tablets in the Music Player
Will

<<

pur_berger

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:28 pm

OK - two questions:

I have routed the port to a different one for external - which is just working fine with Serviio itself - but I can't connect using ServiiGO. The Format I use to put in the Address is http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxx

Also - what I miss is https for connection - but this would need to be supported by serviio I guess?

Within my Network it seems to play very good (I normally experiance lacks with teh sound and it differs more and more over the time streaming) - using UPnP and MoboPlayer - with ServiiGo and Mobo - looks promissing :)
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:38 pm

Ah, just re-read your question, I have hardcoded the port as I didn't think users would change it (I did have an option to in ServiiDroid, but didn't think anyone really used it), I can add an option though if you really want? (If you are rooted you can change the value in the prefrence file under /data/data/com.serviigo)

Either Serviio would have to support https, or the user would have to use stunnel or some equvilant for windows. You could always pipe it over ssh.
Will

<<

pur_berger

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:17 pm

Ah - Ok. I normaly change Port as someetimes only a secific portrange is acessible from other locations (at my work for example only the 8000 portrange is open). Anyway - if you could ad a info that the port is hardcoded it would be helpfull.

A thing came up - connectionpofiles. When at Home I can connect locally - outside I need to use the Fixed IP I have. Is this an option? To administer more than one conectionprofile?
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:25 pm

Ok ill allow changing the port.

I have mine set to point to my external ip and the router automatically routes it internally when at home, does your router not allow that?
Will

<<

pur_berger

Streaming enthusiast

Post Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:39 am

Good question - yes - it does. But profile could hold more settings - like quality. Well - it's working that way too - tried it yesterday.

Any plan to support FF or Jumping to another timeindex?
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:04 am

I was going to do default qualities based on the current network, home wifi, wifi, 3G, 4G, that way you don't need to micro manage it.

Seeking works for some videos on my phone, the problem is all the combinations of video, device and player that are used. It is all done via a profile in application-profiles.xml so that is where improvements have to be made. The app itself just hands the video url and sunbites over to the player. I hope that now 1.0 is out, video player devs can improve their detection of what is capable, that wasn't really possible during the closed beta.
So I definitely want to improve things, but cannot on my own as I only have one device to test it on.
If need be, I can setup different profiles for each of the main android chip sets, again I would need community input on that.
Will

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:44 am

Small update

Code:
==== 1.0.2 ====
*Fixed FC when shutting down the Music Player after leaving it paused for a long time
*Added protection against the user entering http://, https:// or /mediabrowser into the address field
*Added support for custom ports using the following format 'yourname.dyndns.org:12345'

If people really want multiple servers I will add it.
Will

<<

lglessner

Streaming enthusiast

Post Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:54 pm

Serviigo is awesome, thanks. It is running on my Sprint Nexus S with 4.04 and MX player. I have not had any issues with any of the movies I have tried even though I don't see that I am getting a special profile assigned.

Serviigo will predictably crash if I try to stream online audio, using the tunein plug in. If I start streaming, I can't really see any way to stop it. Once I select a stream, if I choose the menu option "music player" or click the play arrow, or well anything I have tried after I start it, the app crashes and tell me it is sending an error report.
<<

JohninLA

Serviio lover

Post Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:56 pm

I am having a problem setting ServiiGo on my Android phone.

I opened the ports on my router to 23424, and went to dnsdynamic.org to set up a dynamic DNS for my IP, ie: xxxxxxxxx.dnsdynamic.com. I entered this information into ServiiGo on my phone, along with my password and clicked Log In. It just keeps trying to log in with the spinning wheel and never connects. I have no problem connecting locally, it's just setting up the "on the go" that I'm having a problem with. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help.
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:10 pm

JohninLA wrote:I am having a problem setting ServiiGo on my Android phone.

I opened the ports on my router to 23424, and went to dnsdynamic.org to set up a dynamic DNS for my IP, ie: xxxxxxxxx.dnsdynamic.com. I entered this information into ServiiGo on my phone, along with my password and clicked Log In. It just keeps trying to log in with the spinning wheel and never connects. I have no problem connecting locally, it's just setting up the "on the go" that I'm having a problem with. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help.

can you connect to MediaBrowser?

Code:
http://xxxxx.dnsdynamic.com:23424/mediabrowser

If not the port forwarding is not working yet. Did you setup port forwarding on your router? (to pass the traffic from your public IP to the PC running Serviio)
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:23 pm

lglessner wrote:Serviigo is awesome, thanks. It is running on my Sprint Nexus S with 4.04 and MX player. I have not had any issues with any of the movies I have tried even though I don't see that I am getting a special profile assigned.

Serviigo will predictably crash if I try to stream online audio, using the tunein plug in. If I start streaming, I can't really see any way to stop it. Once I select a stream, if I choose the menu option "music player" or click the play arrow, or well anything I have tried after I start it, the app crashes and tell me it is sending an error report.

It uses the ServiiGo profile from the application-profiles.xml, it is handled by the app automatically so you don't have to deal with it.

Can you give me an example url? I think I have a potential fix for the problems which I will upload tonight, but couldn't tell from the crash reports that they were only from online sources. Is it a live stream, I don't never tested any live ones, so might need to setup the media player differently.

JohninLA wrote:I am having a problem setting ServiiGo on my Android phone.

Thanks for any help.

As zip said, it sounds like port forwarding isn't setup properly. If you can visit http://xxxxx.dnsdynamic.com:23424/mediabrowser from your phone in your webbrowser then it is setup, otherwise it isn't.
Last edited by will on Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Will

<<

JohninLA

Serviio lover

Post Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:47 pm

zip wrote:can you connect to MediaBrowser?

Code:
http://xxxxx.dnsdynamic.com:23424/mediabrowser

If not the port forwarding is not working yet. Did you setup port forwarding on your router? (to pass the traffic from your public IP to the PC running Serviio)

OK, it looks like this is the problem then as I cannot connect to the mediabrowser. I forwarded the ports as shown on the attachment. I then restarted my router. What else do I need to do to get it to work?

Thanks zip and will .
Attachments
Port forward.png
Port forward.png (55.56 KiB) Viewed 70239 times
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:02 pm

JohninLA wrote:OK, it looks like this is the problem then as I cannot connect to the mediabrowser. I forwarded the ports as shown on the attachment. I then restarted my router. What else do I need to do to get it to work?

Thanks zip and will .

Go to http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ and enter 23424 into the port box. If it says it is open, then the router is setup, the the dynamic dns is not. In which case login to the dynamic dns account and make sure the ip address it has is the same as what the port fordward test site says.

@lglessner
Small update, see if that helps with the online audio streams.

Code:
==== 1.0.3 ====
*Display the actual video title in MX Player, rather than the url
*Fixed FC in the music player due to unexpected playback state
Will

<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:46 pm

is 192.168.0.100 the IP of the Serviio server PC? if yes, you can try http://www.whatismyip.com/ and try opening mediabrowser using that IP address
<<

JohninLA

Serviio lover

Post Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:15 pm

Open port checker tool is showing that port 23424 is closed on my firewall. I am not sure what to do with it as I opened in my router, restarted the router, restarted my pc.

192.168.1.100 is the server address for my pc where Serviio is installed.
<<

lglessner

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:50 am

will wrote:
Can you give me an example url? I think I have a potential fix for the problems which I will upload tonight, but couldn't tell from the crash reports that they were only from online sources. Is it a live stream, I don't never tested any live ones, so might need to setup the media player differently.

Wow, that was fast, I got the update from the play store before I saw this post, and I think you've fixed it.
Scratch that, it's crashing again and sending you reports. Now it's just displaying "loading".
This is the web resource I'm using:
http://tunein.com/radio/search/98058/Renton-WA/?qlc=1

Definitely not an important issue, I was just playing with it and saw that you asked for feedback from different phones. This does work as expected through media browser.
<<

lglessner

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:58 am

JohninLA wrote:Open port checker tool is showing that port 23424 is closed on my firewall. I am not sure what to do with it as I opened in my router, restarted the router, restarted my pc.

192.168.1.100 is the server address for my pc where Serviio is installed.

Try (temporarily) disabling the windows firewall on the pc where Serviio is installed.
Also, I opened both 23423 and 23424 - on my router and my windows firewall - because I read both used in directions, one may have been a typo but I wasn't sure.
Next

Return to Third-party tools integration