FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/Wifi Playback App)

<<

rumplestiltskin

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:09 am

Re: ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/Wifi Playback App)

Just a "Hello" from west of the Pecos.

Discovered Serviigo after downloading, trying, and then deleting about 30 Android apps on my Samsung GS7. Only Serviigo saw my Serviio server and played the files therein. Very happy.

I believe I saw that Serviigo requires the "Pro" version of Serviio in order to receive the media. Is that correct? My Serviio installation is less than 1 day old so the "Pro" trial period must be enabled for now.

Just in case anyone is interested, I have been running a TVMobili server (on an older Mac). The clients are Roku's (Stick, and Roku2). But the old Mac is starting to fail and I thought I'd give Serviio a shot on an old Dell Vostro laptop that is running Windows 10 (no problems!). The Roku's are perfectly happy with Serviio on the Vostro so it seems I'm ready for the switch. (I'm only using LAN access.)

While I don't seem to have any issues, advice from those more experienced in these matters is always appreciated.

Thanks,
Barry
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:32 am

rumplestiltskin wrote:Just a "Hello" from west of the Pecos.

Discovered Serviigo after downloading, trying, and then deleting about 30 Android apps on my Samsung GS7. Only Serviigo saw my Serviio server and played the files therein. Very happy.

I believe I saw that Serviigo requires the "Pro" version of Serviio in order to receive the media. Is that correct? My Serviio installation is less than 1 day old so the "Pro" trial period must be enabled for now.

Just in case anyone is interested, I have been running a TVMobili server (on an older Mac). The clients are Roku's (Stick, and Roku2). But the old Mac is starting to fail and I thought I'd give Serviio a shot on an old Dell Vostro laptop that is running Windows 10 (no problems!). The Roku's are perfectly happy with Serviio on the Vostro so it seems I'm ready for the switch. (I'm only using LAN access.)

While I don't seem to have any issues, advice from those more experienced in these matters is always appreciated.

Thanks,
Barry

Hi,

Yes that is correct. ServiiGo uses Serviio 'CDS API' which works at home and over the internet that is limited to the Pro version of Serviio. There are a few more details http://serviio.org/buy-pro/10-uncategor ... ree-vs-pro And yes, you get a 15 day trial of Serviio Pro each time you install a new version.

If you just want LAN access for your phone and don't need the remote access features, then also take a look at BubbleUPnP, that works nicely with Serviio (including the free one).

Will
Will

ServiiDroid (Android Console) Developer: Download | Home | Support
ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/WiFi Playback App) Developer: Download | Home | Support
<<

thj

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:23 pm

Hello,

Fully registered user of Serviio and I love it! We all do in our family since we can all enjoy the family photos and videos from year 2003 when me and now my wife met, 2013 when our first child was born and 2016 when our second one was born.

I am sure it was already discussed but I can't find. Two things would be perfect for the Android application.

1. Chromecast support

Currently I am cloning the entire phone screen to my Chromecast which is consuming too much battery. Or I am missing some other way to perfectly view everything from Serviio server on my TV? I do have a smart Android powered TV but Serviio is not on the allowed app list in TVs Google play.

2. Automatic image/video upload

When I take a picture or record a video I would like the images/videos to automatically sync on my Serviio server in specific folders (based on date), like I have them ordered now. I know Plex could do that since I was a member for one month before I discovered Serviio. Is it possible to implement this?

Thank you.
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:30 am

thj wrote:Hello,

Fully registered user of Serviio and I love it! We all do in our family since we can all enjoy the family photos and videos from year 2003 when me and now my wife met, 2013 when our first child was born and 2016 when our second one was born.

I am sure it was already discussed but I can't find. Two things would be perfect for the Android application.

1. Chromecast support

Currently I am cloning the entire phone screen to my Chromecast which is consuming too much battery. Or I am missing some other way to perfectly view everything from Serviio server on my TV? I do have a smart Android powered TV but Serviio is not on the allowed app list in TVs Google play.

2. Automatic image/video upload

When I take a picture or record a video I would like the images/videos to automatically sync on my Serviio server in specific folders (based on date), like I have them ordered now. I know Plex could do that since I was a member for one month before I discovered Serviio. Is it possible to implement this?

Thank you.

1. See viewtopic.php?f=17&t=6803&p=96696#p96696 for how to enable experimental support

2. Can you please file a ticket on the Serviio issue tracker as that would need server side support first

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Will

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:02 pm

So after an embarrassingly long delay (I've been doing commits every now and then to this branch for 2 years!), I finally have a beta version of the next release ready. Unfortunately I don't have anywhere near as much time to work on it as I used to, so have had to cut back the plans for it. Nevertheless, there are a number of improvements. Please give it a test and let me know how it goes.

If you aren't already a beta tester, sign up at https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.serviigo

Code:
=== 5.0 Beta 1 ===
*Removed support for very old versions of Android, minimum version is now Android 4.0
*Removed support for Serviio 1.2, minimum version is now Serviio 1.3
*Added support for Serviio 1.7/1.8
*Experimental Google Cast support is now enabled for all beta testers
*Improved re-connection process
*Updated design
*Added full support for Android 6.0 runtime permissions
*Most features are now in the free version
*Various minor fixes and improvements
*Updated SDK, build tools and libraries
Will

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:13 am

New beta, not much has changed just a few fixes.

Code:
=== 5.0 Beta 2 ===
*Switched to the Cast v3 SDK
Will

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:13 am

New beta, not much has changed just a few fixes.

Code:
=== 5.0 Beta 2 ===
*Switched to the Cast v3 SDK
Will

<<

INCOGNITO56

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:52 pm

I have a problem with my computer in that it wakes up randomly. I changed my setting in my network driver's Power Management settings to "Only allow a magic packet to wake the computer".

This solved my random waking up issue, but now Serviigo will not wake it up!

Any suggestions?
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:22 pm

INCOGNITO56 wrote:I have a problem with my computer in that it wakes up randomly. I changed my setting in my network driver's Power Management settings to "Only allow a magic packet to wake the computer".

This solved my random waking up issue, but now Serviigo will not wake it up!

Any suggestions?

No there isn't any functionality in ServiiGo (or MediaBrowser) to send magic packets, also ServiiGo only knows the server's IP, not it's MAC address. There are lots of Wake on lan apps on Google Play, its a bit of a pain but can you use that to wake it up first?
Will

<<

INCOGNITO56

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:11 am

Thanks for the response Will. Will give that a try. Great app, so will find a solution to continue to use.
<<

snowflake7

DLNA master

Post Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:32 pm

Will have you ever considered adding DLNA functionality such as play to a "Device" to serviigo. Zip has been working on the Alexa app and is keying functionality off the Device names in the Console Status window for playback to a specific device. Would be great functionality to add to the app. Not sure of the effort required, but just thinking . . .
Sony XBR55X850A | Synology DS412+ DS214Play DS918+| QNAP TS-451 | Buffalo TS3400D | VM 6.5 ESXi | Server 2016, Server 2012 | Samsung Note 9
Samsung s9 | Samsung Tablets | Onkyo TX-NR656 | Sony BDP-S3700 | Multiple Harmony Hubs | Multiple Echo Devices | Firesticks | Toshiba FireTV | Sling/AirTV
Lutron Lighting and Honeywell Environmental Bridges | Amcrest 1080p Cameras
<<

Cygnusia

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:22 pm

Hello! I've been using ServiiGo for a bit now (and just donated today, cheers!) and I've run across a little problem. I did search through the forums here and could only find references to my issue in update notes...

So, here goes:

I have FLAC files peppered throughout my music collection. When I play FLAC files through the 'Artists' or 'Album Artists' categories, they play with no issues. However, if I play them through some of the other categories (most notably, 'Last Listened') I get 'Unsupported content: error when using 'Display Content Only' (requires Serviio 1.4+)'. I have toggled everything in the Presentation settings in Serviio to no avail. I'm using the latest versions of both Serviio and ServiiGo. I realize I can get around the issue by simply going through 'Artists' every time, but I have a number of albums I keep in regular rotation and prefer to be able to jump right to them via 'Last Listened'. If this problem has been answered already, I apologize for wasting your time...

Thank you
<<

INCOGNITO56

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:19 pm

My Serviigo running on my Samsung S8 crashes when I tap on an Album. I can get to the Album list, but it then crashes when I hit an Album cover. I'm not sure if this is a new problem (it is a new phone), but I nearly always listen via Album Artist, which works fine. All other categories work as well.
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:46 pm

INCOGNITO56 wrote:My Serviigo running on my Samsung S8 crashes when I tap on an Album. I can get to the Album list, but it then crashes when I hit an Album cover. I'm not sure if this is a new problem (it is a new phone), but I nearly always listen via Album Artist, which works fine. All other categories work as well.

Please can you send me your email address in a PM.
Will

<<

Dragonheart

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:57 am

Hello guys,

I have Serviio Pro as a DLNA server for my android TV Box which I use in a couple with 50" plasma TV without smart tv features. I've been in a search of any good DLNA client with 1 required feature - ability to show movie description. As it turned out 90% of DLNA clients for android are rubbish with ugly UI, lack of features like search by name and lack of metadata reading feature. One single APP which was working fine for me turned out to have no support of LAN connection - if only I connect ethernet to my TV box instead of Wifi it thinks I have no connection.

So I found this ServiiGo app. So far it works great - it allows me to search, it has good UI and it shows description of movies. But I'm curious in one question. In settings it has some Profile parameter with two options with different server load. Does it mean that ServiiGo (unlike apps that use regular DLNA) always uses some form of transcoding on server side?? I really don't want any transcoding to happen, since external android players like MX Player support all formats I need and I like to have original quality + minimum load on my DLNA server (since it's my personal PC where I also play videogames). My TV Box is in my home network, so I don't need to use any 3G/4G internet connection and so on.

Many thanks to anyone who can answer regarding this "Profile" option and if it makes sense to use ServiiGo in my case or if there any other great DLNA client app for android with search & description reading features.

P.S. I wanted to donate, but it says that ServiiGo pro version is not available in my region in play market (I'm from Belarus). Any chances this limitation will be removed?
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:13 pm

Dragonheart wrote:Hello guys,

I have Serviio Pro as a DLNA server for my android TV Box which I use in a couple with 50" plasma TV without smart tv features. I've been in a search of any good DLNA client with 1 required feature - ability to show movie description. As it turned out 90% of DLNA clients for android are rubbish with ugly UI, lack of features like search by name and lack of metadata reading feature. One single APP which was working fine for me turned out to have no support of LAN connection - if only I connect ethernet to my TV box instead of Wifi it thinks I have no connection.

So I found this ServiiGo app. So far it works great - it allows me to search, it has good UI and it shows description of movies. But I'm curious in one question. In settings it has some Profile parameter with two options with different server load. Does it mean that ServiiGo (unlike apps that use regular DLNA) always uses some form of transcoding on server side?? I really don't want any transcoding to happen, since external android players like MX Player support all formats I need and I like to have original quality + minimum load on my DLNA server (since it's my personal PC where I also play videogames). My TV Box is in my home network, so I don't need to use any 3G/4G internet connection and so on.

Many thanks to anyone who can answer regarding this "Profile" option and if it makes sense to use ServiiGo in my case or if there any other great DLNA client app for android with search & description reading features.

P.S. I wanted to donate, but it says that ServiiGo pro version is not available in my region in play market (I'm from Belarus). Any chances this limitation will be removed?

It should hopefully be picked up as a TV type device by being large with no touch screen, which should give you the option of the TV profile (Settings->Profile). By default that wraps everything in a HLS stream for maximum compatibility but doesn't actually transcode the video. If you wanted no transcoding at all you can change the serviigo_gtv profile.
Will

<<

14Super60pa

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:44 pm

I am currently trying to get the Donate key, but when I followed the link on the Forum, Google Play said that the link was dead. I then tried searching on Google Play, but that also failed. Has the Donate key been discontinued or am I just missing something?
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:05 am

The app is currently not available. Will haas to make some changes so that it's allowed back to the store.
<<

SOVIETTION

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:52 am

I use serviiGo V4.4.1 & ServiiDroid V3.5, on my android mobile and it work very well, my question is if i upgrade to a new serviio V2.0, this program well continue work or not, Because i always use those program on my android mobile.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:54 pm

SOVIETTION wrote:I use serviiGo V4.4.1 & ServiiDroid V3.5, on my android mobile and it work very well, my question is if i upgrade to a new serviio V2.0, this program well continue work or not, Because i always use those program on my android mobile.

I have ServiiGo 4.4.1 on my S8. It does not see either of my Serviio 2.0 installations. So I believe the answer is it does not continue to work. Maybe I've forgotten how to set it up, but I can't find any setting for connecting to a server. Browse shows nothing available.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
PreviousNext

Return to Third-party tools integration