FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/Wifi Playback App)

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:33 am

Re: ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/Wifi Playback App)

Small update, if all goes well I will release 3.3 at the weekend.

Code:
==== 3.3 Beta 2 ====
*Fixed not automatically logging in to the server in some cases
*Possible fix for rare crash in music player
*Various minor bug fixes
*Updated translations
Will

ServiiDroid (Android Console) Developer: Download | Home | Support
ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/WiFi Playback App) Developer: Download | Home | Support
<<

adski

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:15 am

Looking good now after the update. Cheers!
<<

spudy12

DLNA master

Post Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:25 am

Would it be possible to have an option to cache a few of the next songs in a play list like say 1 or 2

It's just very annoying when on a train and the signal keeps dropping in and out and you can't play the next tracks

Not sure if it's possible or not but thought I'd inquire
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:54 pm

It already pre-fetches the next track. Its on my to do list to have options to pre-fetch more tracks in advance, there was a reason I hadn't done it yet, but I cannot remember what it was so I'll have another look to see if its easy enough to do now.
Will

<<

spudy12

DLNA master

Post Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:31 pm

will wrote:It already pre-fetches the next track. Its on my to do list to have options to pre-fetch more tracks in advance, there was a reason I hadn't done it yet, but I cannot remember what it was so I'll have another look to see if its easy enough to do now.

Thats amazing, thankyou!
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:16 am

I've just uploaded 3.3 to Google Play. While not a lot has changed in the user facing side of the app, a lot of work has gone on inside to better handle un predictable cases when connecting via reverse proxies, firewalls, WiFi hotspots etc... I've also switched to the new build system which makes generating different types of releases easier, and written a pile of tests to reduce the work required to add support for new server versions (and keep support for old ones).

Code:
==== 3.3 ====
*Re-wrote Serviio API implementation for improved error handling and reporting
*Fixed 'Unsupported content' error when using 'Display Content Only' (requires Serviio 1.4+)
*Fixed not automatically logging in to the server in some cases
*Possible fix for rare crashes in the Music Player
*Various minor bug fixes
*Updated libraries
*Updated translations

Looking forward, I have been planning on updating the UI for 4.0 for a long time, and now that Serviio's branding has changed, I'm looking to intergrate that into ServiiGo (and ServiiDroid). I'll be posting a few ideas, but if anyone has any of their own please say.
Will

<<

TheMatze

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:13 pm

Hi,

this is my first post, so first of all i wanna say thank you to zip and will for Serviio and ServiiGo

ServiiGo was for me the reason to buy Serviio Pro.

So everything is working fine, but i have one question.

If i transcode any movie to my android devices (ServiiGo) and stop watching - then Serviio continues transcoding..
When i start a new Movie to ServiiGo then the CPU transcodes 2 Movies at the same time.
So the CPU load is then at 100% and maybe my Homeserver (i3 Huswell @2,9Ghz) crashs..

Is there an option to say Serviio, when i stop watching, so stop transcoding..

For Example, i start watching a tv show but i don`t know what for an episode i saw lastly..
so i start to watch episode 11,12,13 and my Homeserver still crashing because it transcode all of them at the same time.

How can i stopp this?

and a seconed question: can i make a transcode profil "high" with higher Bitrate?
I start to editing the Serviio Profiles xml, but it didn`t see it on ServiGoo

Thanks a lot for your help
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:35 pm

TheMatze wrote:If i transcode any movie to my android devices (ServiiGo) and stop watching - then Serviio continues transcoding..
When i start a new Movie to ServiiGo then the CPU transcodes 2 Movies at the same time.
So the CPU load is then at 100% and maybe my Homeserver (i3 Huswell @2,9Ghz) crashs..

For Example, i start watching a tv show but i don`t know what for an episode i saw lastly..
so i start to watch episode 11,12,13 and my Homeserver still crashing because it transcode all of them at the same time.

How can i stopp this?

Hi, That shouldn't happen, when Serviio gets the request for the next video, it is supposed to stop any existing transcoding jobs.

Please can you edit C:\Program Files\Serviio\config\log4.xml then change org.serviio and org.restlet to DEBUG

Code:
 <category name="org.serviio">
      <priority value="DEBUG"/>
   </category>

Code:

<category name="org.restlet">
      <priority value="DEBUG"/>
   </category>

and add an extra rule to supress library update messages
  Code:
   <category name="org.serviio.library">
      <priority value="INFO"/>
   </category>

Then stop the windows service, delete C:\Program FIles\Serviio\log\serviio.log, and start the windows service again.

Then connect and start playback of a video using ServiiGo, then stop and watch another one. Then post the serviio.log file (if you are connecting via an external IP/dynamic DNS, you might want to find and replace it out of the log before posting).

and a seconed question: can i make a transcode profil "high" with higher Bitrate?
I start to editing the Serviio Profiles xml, but it didn`t see it on ServiGoo

Thanks a lot for your help

Don't make a new profile, instead edit the application-profiles.xml file, and change the maxVBitrate values for Medium/Low to match what you want. Note there are a number of profiles, you will probably want serviigo_standard or serviigo_hls
Will

<<

spudy12

DLNA master

Post Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:25 pm

TheMatze wrote:
If i transcode any movie to my android devices (ServiiGo) and stop watching - then Serviio continues transcoding..

How can i stopp this?

Hi, That shouldn't happen, when Serviio gets the request for the next video, it is supposed to stop any existing transcoding jobs.

Please can you edit C:\Program Files\Serviio\config\log4.xml then change org.serviio and org.restlet to DEBUG

Just a quick question, is that actually how it works or is it more complex than that?
What happens when you have 2 people transcoding stuff and someone decides to watch something else. Does it stop the other users transcode job to?
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:34 pm

spudy12 wrote:Just a quick question, is that actually how it works or is it more complex than that?
What happens when you have 2 people transcoding stuff and someone decides to watch something else. Does it stop the other users transcode job to?

Its on a per device basis. ServiiGo generates a unique client ID (UUID type thing) on its first run that it passes to Serviio with every request so that Serviio can track the app even if the IP address changes.
Will

<<

qriz75

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:04 pm

I am using the ServiiGo app mostly to listen to Audiobooks.
My problem is: I can't forward and have to always start at the beginning of the file.
I encountered a couple of audiofiles that are 6 hours long, and it is really frustrating
if I loose connection and have to start over.

Any Ideas?

thanks in Advance
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:13 pm

qriz75 wrote:I am using the ServiiGo app mostly to listen to Audiobooks.
My problem is: I can't forward and have to always start at the beginning of the file.
I encountered a couple of audiofiles that are 6 hours long, and it is really frustrating
if I loose connection and have to start over.

Any Ideas?

thanks in Advance

Hi, yes that probably won't work very well as the whole file has to be downloaded before you can seek. What I could do for long (say > 30 min) tracks is not cache them on the device and play them directly, that way you will be able to seek them provided they are mp3s, but you won't be able to have them cached on your device.

What file types are they?
Will

<<

qriz75

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:23 pm

will wrote:What file types are they?

I have all kinds of file ... but mostly mp3, some m4a and unsupported m4b.
So i guess I have to either split them or not using ServiiGo but the mediabrowser.
I could pause until it is buffered enough and then navigate to the spot I was at.

It's just not excactly awesome.

How would I go about disabling the cache?
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:37 pm

qriz75 wrote:
will wrote:What file types are they?

I have all kinds of file ... but mostly mp3, some m4a and unsupported m4b.
So i guess I have to either split them or not using ServiiGo but the mediabrowser.
I could pause until it is buffered enough and then navigate to the spot I was at.

It's just not excactly awesome.

How would I go about disabling the cache?

Tbh, this has been one of those isues that I thought might exist, but hadn't looked into properly yet because no one had asked about it.

If its just mp3's and m4a's, then that should be OK.

There isn't an option at the moment, I'll need to add it, but its a small enough change though that I will do it for 3.3.1, depending on how busy I am it should be out by the weekend. You will then need to make a small change to the ServiiGo profile on your server to tell it to deliver m4a's without transcoding.

A quick explinatin for how it works. When you play a track that isn't in the cache it is downloaded to the SD card and fed to the audio decoder as it is downloaded. On some devices, its fine to allow seeking during this phase of the process, but on others its not, and it causes the built in libraries to crash/freeze the app. I haven't yet found a reliable way to tell in advance if its going to work, so I've made it so that you cannot seek while the file is only partially downloaded. In most cases, this period is quite short, and as tracks are pre-fetched in advance, its only for the first track in an album. Obviously this isn't very useable when you have a very long track.
Will

<<

qriz75

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:05 pm

will wrote:so I've made it so that you cannot seek while the file is only partially downloaded.

Did you just recently prevent that? I though I was able to seek and skip through my audio files before. ( although most were not bigger then 45 min.)
Well anyways I look forward to the change ;-)

Thanks for the quick replies
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:15 pm

qriz75 wrote:
will wrote:so I've made it so that you cannot seek while the file is only partially downloaded.

Did you just recently prevent that? I though I was able to seek and skip through my audio files before. ( although most were not bigger then 45 min.)

No it has been like that for a very long time, but note it's only during the initial buffering stage, once the whole file is downloaded, seeking is enabled and the seek bar becomes less grey/more of a vibrant blue.
Will

<<

qriz75

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:26 pm

will wrote:
qriz75 wrote:

No it has been like that for a very long time, but note it's only during the initial buffering stage, once the whole file is downloaded, seeking is enabled and the seek bar becomes less grey/more of a vibrant blue.

Gotcha Thanks
<<

spudy12

DLNA master

Post Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:36 pm

will wrote:
spudy12 wrote:Just a quick question, is that actually how it works or is it more complex than that?

Its on a per device basis. ServiiGo generates a unique client ID (UUID type thing) on its first run that it passes to Serviio with every request so that Serviio can track the app even if the IP address changes.

Ah very clever! I thought it might be slightly more complex. Interesting to know how it works
Thanks
<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:21 pm

Sony Bravia 2010 52NX803 - Sony PS3 - Xbox 360
Serviio running on QNAP NAS 639 Pro - 1.6 Intel Dual Core - 2GB RAM and QNAP NAS 121 - 2Ghz ARM Marvell - 1GB RAM
Console using ServiiDroid for Android, ServiiMetro and ServiiWP for Windows Phone and WebUI for iOS
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:46 pm

Well time for you guys to put together a working profile :)
Will

PreviousNext

Return to Third-party tools integration