FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/Wifi Playback App)

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:34 am

Re: ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/Wifi Playback App)

wofldown wrote:
wofldown wrote:Hi, I just installed Serviio and SeviiGo. I only have FLAC files for playback, but for some reason ServiiGo can not play them on my Nexus 7. Any ideas what the issues issue.

I downloaded a handful of other uPnP players, and they all worked fine. ServiiGo is the only device having issues.

The log shows that the transcode failed. I want to stream the flac without transcoding. Is there an option for that?

2014-01-02 22:09:25,906 WARN [ServiioStatusService] IOException occured. Returning error code 500 to the REST layer. Message: Transcoded file '/tmp/Serviio/transcoding-temp-6724-serviigo_standard-ORIGINAL.stf' cannot be found, FFmpeg execution probably failed

Open /path /to /serviio /config/application-profiles.xml

Find the profile with id "serviigo _ standard"

Remove the matches flac line

Save the file

Restart the server

However, if ffmpeg is failing you probably have an old version so will have problems with video playback
Will

ServiiDroid (Android Console) Developer: Download | Home | Support
ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/WiFi Playback App) Developer: Download | Home | Support
<<

wofldown

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:58 am

will wrote:Open /path /to /serviio /config/application-profiles.xml

Find the profile with id "serviigo _ standard"

Remove the matches flac line

Save the file

Restart the server

However, if ffmpeg is failing you probably have an old version so will have problems with video playback

Thanks so much. That was it.
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:01 am

So I've finally had a chance to fix the bugs in 3.2 that prevented me from releasing it to everyone, along with a few more.

Code:
==== 3.2.1 ====
*Fixed crash when trying to read very large folders
*Fixed tracks not advancing in the Music Player on some devices
*Fixed controls not auto hiding in the Video Player when playing back a video that takes a long time to buffer
*Fixed rare crash in Video Player
*Fixed Video Player not exiting on completion on Google TVs
*Removed full screen thumbnail view for videos for now
*Added Romanian translation
Will

<<

spudy12

DLNA master

Post Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:58 pm

will wrote:
tonovcp wrote:SOLVED !!!!
JUST USED THIS FFMEG SOURCE INSTEAD: http://download.serviio.org/opensource/ ... f19.tar.gz
"Additional information: Linux users need to install the FFmpeg package (incl. libRTMP, libASS, libx264 and libmp3lame) for their OS distributions or, ideally, compile FFmpeg using the source files provided above"

FOR UBUNTU SERVER 12.04 LTS USERS -- Follow this guide: http://wiki.serviio.org/doku.php?id=build_ffmpeg_linux
But change ffmpeg source:
cd ~/src
git clone --depth 1 git://git.videolan.org/ffmpeg
cd ffmpeg
for
cd ~/src
wget http://download.serviio.org/opensource/ ... f19.tar.gz
tar xvf ffmpeg-N-54096-ge41bf19.tar.gz

cd ffmpeg

the rest is the same...

Thats great, they must have changed something in the latest version, I'll try to investigate further next week when I'm back home and have some free time.

You my freind are amazing. I've spent months trying to compile FFMPEG on ubuntu with x264 for ios and serviiogo support and have always encountered some problem, why I didn't just think to look for the source listed here i'll never know. Anyway thankyou very much!

Prehaps this should be added to the wiki????
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:44 am

spudy12 wrote:You my freind are amazing. I've spent months trying to compile FFMPEG on ubuntu with x264 for ios and serviiogo support and have always encountered some problem, why I didn't just think to look for the source listed here i'll never know. Anyway thankyou very much!

It is there

Build and Install FFmpeg

It is now time to build FFmpeg:

This guide uses latest FFmpeg source, Serviio is tailored to work with a certain version though - the source can be downloaded at http://www.serviio.org/download

but I'll adjust the wording to say that is looks like it is required for using x264 on Ubuntu.
Will

<<

spudy12

DLNA master

Post Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:32 am

will wrote:
spudy12 wrote:You my freind are amazing. I've spent months trying to compile FFMPEG on ubuntu with x264 for ios and serviiogo support and have always encountered some problem, why I didn't just think to look for the source listed here i'll never know. Anyway thankyou very much!

It is there

Build and Install FFmpeg

It is now time to build FFmpeg:

This guide uses latest FFmpeg source, Serviio is tailored to work with a certain version though - the source can be downloaded at http://www.serviio.org/download

You are correct however it is not the most obvious thing. (I admit I didn't search as hard as I could have and went on the assumption the latest source code would work)

Odd that the latest source code breaks it, any reasons for this?

but I'll adjust the wording to say that is looks like it is required for using x264 on Ubuntu.
<<

katates

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:40 pm

When I choose Show Series Display Category on Serviio, I can't see all the tv series I have on Series tab on Serviigo. And It shows one of my tv series as every episode is a new tv series.
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:58 pm

katates wrote:When I choose Show Series Display Category on Serviio, I can't see all the tv series I have on Series tab on Serviigo. And It shows one of my tv series as every episode is a new tv series.

Hi, Please provide a screenshot of the presentation tab of the Serviio Console, and ServiiGo when viewing Serirs. Do you also get the same problem when using MediaBrowser or a DLNA client?
Will

<<

katates

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:56 pm

will wrote:
katates wrote:When I choose Show Series Display Category on Serviio, I can't see all the tv series I have on Series tab on Serviigo. And It shows one of my tv series as every episode is a new tv series.

Hi, Please provide a screenshot of the presentation tab of the Serviio Console, and ServiiGo when viewing Serirs. Do you also get the same problem when using MediaBrowser or a DLNA client?

Yes I am getting the same problem. I think the problem is Serviio's itself.

http://i.imgur.com/gsjXzuz.jpg
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:03 pm

katates wrote:
will wrote:

Yes I am getting the same problem. I think the problem is Serviio's itself.

http://i.imgur.com/gsjXzuz.jpg

Which version of Serviio (that looks like 1.2), and what metadata settings are you using? If it's the same via MediaBrowser m DLNA it might be worth starting a new thread in the general support section (and link to it here) so that it will get more visibility.
Will

<<

adski

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:03 am

I recently started using ServiiGo on my Nexus 5. I attempted to open each one of my online sources resulting in error attached.

Here are a few of the URL's of the online sources (which work on my PC in media browser and on my TV with a DLNA player etc):

http://110.164.192.112:1935/LiveStream/ ... ylist.m3u8
http://110.164.192.112:1935/LiveStream/ ... ylist.m3u8

Has anyone else had this issue or could provide some assistance please.
Attachments
Screenshot_2014-01-19-10-52-59.png
Screenshot_2014-01-19-10-52-59.png (100.6 KiB) Viewed 11217 times
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:39 am

That's strange. Are you using Display Content Only in the presentation settings?
Will

<<

adski

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:25 am

will wrote:That's strange. Are you using Display Content Only in the presentation settings?

yep, sure am... would that cause the error?

EDIT: seems that when display content only is select then it doesn't allow selection of external player? its working now. Thanks very much!
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:31 am

I've just been doing a quick test, and yes that is almost certainly the cause. While I did have a TODO in my code, there isn't anything there at the moment to handle items at the very top.

Can you quickly confirm that turning that option off fixes the problem?

In the short term, the best solution is probably to ignore user preference over display content only.
Will

<<

adski

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:56 am

I can confirm that changing from "Display content only" to "Display category" does fix the issue.

The reason I had "display content only" selected is so the online sources show straight up instead of flicking through folders (as I only use online sources with serviio).
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:05 am

OK thanks. At the moment, there is a fundemental assumption that the first screen the user sees only has containers, and doesn't have any items/files.

In the short term for 3.3 (may even get the first beta out tonight), I can ignore the display content only setting by requesting data with an without the user options turned on and then combine the results (thus allowing you to use display content only on your other devices), so that uder ServiiGo you see Online and then get the list of sources.

Then for 4.0 when I'm planning on updating the UI and browsing experience, I'll add some extra checks so that if all of the items only come from one place, (i.e. you don't have display content only on for movies and online sources), then display them properly as per user preference. (If it doesn't turn out to be too awkward, this may go into 3.3)

Does that sound OK?
Will

<<

adski

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:15 am

Sounds like a plan!

Cheers for actually being pro-active with this project and looking out for the users too. Let me know how you go with the beta and I will have a play when its good to go...
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:20 am

Well join the beta testers group https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgr ... ta-testers and follow the instructions and you will get the update automatically via Google Play.
Will

<<

adski

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:28 am

It appears I am already signed up lol... I thought I did before but wasn't sure.
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:14 pm

I've just uploaded 3.3 Beta 1 to Google Play.

While it was a bit awkward, it didn't really work unless I did it properly, so I have implmented the following.

If a single category is set to 'Display Content Only' and all other categories for that media type are set to 'Disabled', then it is displayed correctly, as if you had already navigated into it.

If at lest one category is set to 'Display Content Only' and at lest one category is set to 'Display Category' OR two or more one categories are set to 'Display Content Only', then the items from the categories that are set to 'Display Content Only' will be replaced with their category container, just as if they were actually set to 'Display Category'. A side effect of this is response caching must be disabled for this view (as its made up of two different responses and the cache doesn't support the processing required), it also requires Serviio 1.4.

So in your case, where you only have Online set to display content only, you will see what you want to see.

The other big change in this beta is a complete re-write of how I handle error cases when fetching data, epecially around edge cases, including unexpected errors from reverse proxies/internet gateways.

Code:
==== 3.3 Beta 1 ====
*Re-wrote Serviio API implementation for improved error handling and reporting
*Fixed 'Unsupported content' error when using 'Display Content Only' (requires Serviio 1.4+)
*Various minor bug fixes
*Updated libraries
*Updated translations
Will

PreviousNext

Return to Third-party tools integration