FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/Wifi Playback App)

<<

bengio

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:04 pm

Re: R: ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/Wifi Playback App)

will wrote:
bengio wrote:HI Will. with program "ID3 editor" i have flagged every song of the album (Dexter OST) like a compilation, but in serviigo or mediaBrowser in album section i have a lot of sogn for each singer...If i import these songs (dexter OST) in Itunes they are imported correctly like a compilation. Thanks
P.S: the artist can't be the same in a OST Compilation album

Could you start a new thread about this so that someone can help you as this isn't anything I can fix with ServiiGo as it also affects MediaBrowser.

Hi Will. I have used a program that write the album artist information and compilation flag and I solved the problem with Serviigo . Thanks.

Inviato dal mio LG-D802 utilizzando Tapatalk
ServiiGo beta tester
<<

spudy12

DLNA master

Post Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:48 am

Re: ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/Wifi Playback App)

Feature request here, instead of being having to add two seperate servers for internal LAN and external ip, is it possible to have a setting where you set internal and external ip for the same profile and it tries both to see if either work? (Qnap nas apps do this)

Just a suggestion as it saves the logging out and in.
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:25 am

spudy12 wrote:Feature request here, instead of being having to add two seperate servers for internal LAN and external ip, is it possible to have a setting where you set internal and external ip for the same profile and it tries both to see if either work? (Qnap nas apps do this)

Just a suggestion as it saves the logging out and in.

Why would you need to connect to the LAN IP? Just connect to the external IP regardless, almost all routers are able to do NAT loopback.
Will

ServiiDroid (Android Console) Developer: Download | Home | Support
ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/WiFi Playback App) Developer: Download | Home | Support
<<

spudy12

DLNA master

Post Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:22 am

I know most consumer routers do, but not all. Also some people like to disable it.
Not a massive issue, but it would help the few that do have issues with NAT reflection
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:27 pm

spudy12 wrote:I know most consumer routers do, but not all. Also some people like to disable it.
Not a massive issue, but it would help the few that do have issues with NAT reflection

Does your router support NAT loopback? Why might you want to disable it?

Trying one then the other would be a horrible hack that would make it too slow. I guess I could cross reference against the current WiFi network.
Will

<<

spudy12

DLNA master

Post Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:00 pm

Running a pfsense firewall. Whilst it does support loopback it requires a different set of firewall rules and can make it very messy.

Trying one then the other would be a horrible hack that would make it too slow. I guess I could cross reference against the current WiFi network.

Yes agreed that would be slow. Cross referencing against wifi would work well if its easily do-able. The way that I have seen the qnap apps do it is they seem to have a mini profile for the nas, with the LAN IP, external IP and ddns address and it decides which it should try first based on the devices IP. It then, when its trying to connect, gives you the option the change the connection method by choosing the correct one.

This could have a limited use case, but would be quite nice for people without NAT reflection and so you don´t have to logout and in again.
I guess it would also have some use if people connected to multiple serviio servers but you may already have some way to deal with that.
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:09 pm

spudy12 wrote:Running a pfsense firewall. Whilst it does support loopback it requires a different set of firewall rules and can make it very messy.

No it doesn't (at least not with 2.1/2.2). Go to System->Adavanced->Firewall/NAT, scroll down to Network Address Translation and change NAT Reflection mode for port forwards to 'Enable (NAT + Proxy)' and you will having working NAT loopback without having to create any additional rules.
Will

<<

Clumsy007

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:08 pm

Is ServiiGO still develeoped? Most entries on bitbucket are from the first 2 quaters of 2014.
In first placed i am interested in the the download option and the push to dlna feature.
Greetings
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:34 pm

Clumsy007 wrote:Is ServiiGO still develeoped? Most entries on bitbucket are from the first 2 quaters of 2014.
In first placed i am interested in the the download option and the push to dlna feature.
Greetings

Yes it is still being developed, although at a slower rate than usual as I've been very busy recently. The next version is going to be a big one and requires a lot of changes before being ready for testing which is part of the reason there haven't been any updates in a while. I'm hoping to get video downloads into the next version, but push to dlna will not be there.
Will

<<

thunderboltcutter

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:55 am

I am having issue with limited bandwidth on a stock galaxy 5s using BS player. The most I can do is around 7kbit/s. I've tried stream using BS player without ServiiGo Pro and have no issue with the bandwidth being limited. Reinstalling isn't helping.
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:59 am

thunderboltcutter wrote:I am having issue with limited bandwidth on a stock galaxy 5s using BS player. The most I can do is around 7kbit/s. I've tried stream using BS player without ServiiGo Pro and have no issue with the bandwidth being limited. Reinstalling isn't helping.

Do you mean the video keeps buffering and using network monitor you see it is only transfering at 7kbit/s? Does the video eventually play (even for a few frames)?

Is this over your home WiFi or over a mobile network?

When it works without ServiiGo, how are you accessing the videos (what software and what network type)?

Do you have the same effect when using Serviio's MediaBrowser?
Will

<<

marko weber

Streaming enthusiast

Post Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:45 pm

Hello,
how can i tell serviioGO to "NOT" cache a music title.
I want streaming only. Or is this only in payed version possible?
Does ServiioGO support this? I wont cache on my phone.

kind regards

marko
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:02 pm

marko weber wrote:Hello,
how can i tell serviioGO to "NOT" cache a music title.
I want streaming only. Or is this only in payed version possible?
Does ServiioGO support this? I wont cache on my phone.

kind regards

marko

There is an option to turn off the cache for for long (>15 min) tracks, but otherwise no. The closest you can get it to set the cache size to 128MB (which is the only option with the free version of ServiiGo).

Can I ask why you would want this? By prefetching and caching tracks you get a smoother transition between tracks and are able to handle temporary network issues.
Will

<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:39 pm

This looks pretty cool! Im thinking of getting Windows Phone 10 when it comes out

http://channel9.msdn.com/Shows/Inside-W ... d-app-code
Sony Bravia 2010 52NX803 - Sony PS3 - Xbox 360
Serviio running on QNAP NAS 639 Pro - 1.6 Intel Dual Core - 2GB RAM and QNAP NAS 121 - 2Ghz ARM Marvell - 1GB RAM
Console using ServiiDroid for Android, ServiiMetro and ServiiWP for Windows Phone and WebUI for iOS
<<

serp2002

Serviio newbie

Post Wed May 13, 2015 2:45 pm

Hello there,

i have a problem. After update serviigo i can't watch video from my serviio pro server. When i tap on my home serviio server in server list, i got "session exceed" error.

I use serviio pro 1.4.1.2, and can't update it because do not have java 8 in repository of my version of ubuntu.

How i can solve that issue?
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Thu May 14, 2015 7:16 am

serp2002 wrote:Hello there,

i have a problem. After update serviigo i can't watch video from my serviio pro server. When i tap on my home serviio server in server list, i got "session exceed" error.

I use serviio pro 1.4.1.2, and can't update it because do not have java 8 in repository of my version of ubuntu.

How i can solve that issue?

Hi,

Could you post a screenshot/email me with one, I don't recognise that error message.

ServiiGo should work just fine with 1.4.1.2, but FYI you can follow something like http://www.webupd8.org/2012/09/install- ... a-ppa.html to get Java 8 if you want to upgrade.
Will

<<

serp2002

Serviio newbie

Post Fri May 15, 2015 12:23 pm

will wrote: Could you post a screenshot/email me with one, I don't recognise that error message.

Interface of my serviiGO on Russian. If you tell how i switch it to english, then i can say original english error message.

will wrote: ServiiGo should work just fine with 1.4.1.2, but FYI you can follow something like http://www.webupd8.org/2012/09/install- ... a-ppa.html to get Java 8 if you want to upgrade.

i don't can use any ppa. I use only local copy of ubuntu repository. Because hi cost of internet traffic.
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sun May 17, 2015 7:48 am

serp2002 wrote:
will wrote: Could you post a screenshot/email me with one, I don't recognise that error message.

Interface of my serviiGO on Russian. If you tell how i switch it to english, then i can say original english error message.

will wrote: ServiiGo should work just fine with 1.4.1.2, but FYI you can follow something like http://www.webupd8.org/2012/09/install- ... a-ppa.html to get Java 8 if you want to upgrade.

i don't can use any ppa. I use only local copy of ubuntu repository. Because hi cost of internet traffic.

If it is an error from ServiiGo then changing your phones system language should do the trick.

Can you give me some more details? Are you connecting directly to the server ip or is it setup for remote access? If you go to http://server-ip:23424/cds/application from your phone does it work?
Will

<<

serp2002

Serviio newbie

Post Mon May 18, 2015 10:42 am

will wrote:Can you give me some more details? Are you connecting directly to the server ip or is it setup for remote access? If you go to http://server-ip:23424/cds/application from your phone does it work?

phone connected to home wifi. Server found automatically by serviiGO. I switch phone to english, and got error "the current session has expired"
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Mon May 18, 2015 10:45 am

serp2002 wrote:
will wrote:Can you give me some more details? Are you connecting directly to the server ip or is it setup for remote access? If you go to http://server-ip:23424/cds/application from your phone does it work?

phone connected to home wifi. Server found automatically by serviiGO. I switch phone to english, and got error "the current session has expired"

And you keep getting the same error? That is very strange. Can you check the Serviio log. The quick fix would be to delete and then re-add the server to ServiiGo.
Will

PreviousNext

Return to Third-party tools integration