FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/Wifi Playback App)

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:23 am

Re: ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/Wifi Playback App)

spudy12 wrote:Hi, apologies I made a mistake in my last post, what I thought was the internal player actually turned out to be the external player which is the default one built in to my phone.
Have tried using force internal and had mixed results, will post back with a more detailed review a bit later!

The audio in the 2 mkv files i tried was AAC in one and DTS in the other.

Yes agreed, the seeking video delay isn't an issue at all for me, just thought I would point it out.

Another problem I found was when stopping a film / closing the app, ffmpeg still continued to transcode the entire file on the server, not sure if its designed to do that or not but thought I would point it out. Probably more server side problem though?

Yes I'll give a few online sources a try and get back to you

It sounds like you had it on auto, in which case the internal player would have been used for Medium/Low and external for Original. The internal has the ServiiGo logo on the top left so you know which one it is.

The AAC ones might work in the internal player, the DTS definately won't under Original. I'm not too worried though, as this is all about gettting seeking working for Medium/Low, it already works correctly in external players under Original.

Re: ffmpeg, yes thats server side and that has and always will be how Serviio works (there are dozens of threads about it).
Will

ServiiDroid (Android Console) Developer: Download | Home | Support
ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/WiFi Playback App) Developer: Download | Home | Support
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:24 am

Xmantium wrote:All my testing on my Galaxy S4, wife is away with her HTC One, thanks to ServiiGo she managed to watch premier season of Dexter 100 miles away from home!!

:) OK thanks, let me know if/when you get a chance to do the same on her HTC.

If you could do some tests for online sources, including trying to seek them, that would be good.
Will

<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:51 pm

Is it a bug, but over 4G there no video settings for internal/external player
Sony Bravia 2010 52NX803 - Sony PS3 - Xbox 360
Serviio running on QNAP NAS 639 Pro - 1.6 Intel Dual Core - 2GB RAM and QNAP NAS 121 - 2Ghz ARM Marvell - 1GB RAM
Console using ServiiDroid for Android, ServiiMetro and ServiiWP for Windows Phone and WebUI for iOS
<<

dotted

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:10 pm

will wrote:MX Player did quite well at displaying subtitles. Furthermore, HardSubs require transcoding, which breaks seeking in external players, so I wanted to keep it off where possible. All subtitles are supposed to be converted to srt format by ffmpeg, making the input format irrelivant, can you give some details of what is wrong with ASS subtitles so that I can look into it?

I just did a test playing a video with ASS subtitles locally and MX Player can handle it fine it would seem, even animated subtitles, so I suspect the issues i've had is ffmpeg not properly converting the subs from ASS to SRT causing issues like duplicate lines.

will wrote:If you use the lastest beta of ServiiGo with Serviio 1.2.1, nothing will change in the video playback department, as it requires the server side changes in 1.3. If you are interested it would be great if you could pm zip and ask for beta access to Serviio. I would be very interested in how HardSubs work with the new HLS profile in Serviio 1.3 as until I write my own subtitle renderer

Will do!

will wrote:I don't have time to do all the tests needed at the moment, so any help would be great.

Certainly!

As an additional suggestion; always transcoding hi10p files would be nice, I have a few and they play very poorly on the phone since there is no hardware acceleration for 10-bit files.
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:00 pm

Xmantium wrote:Is it a bug, but over 4G there no video settings for internal/external player

Are you sure you aren't connecting to you 1.2.1 production server? (video player and profile options require Serviio 1.3)
Will

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:09 pm

dotted wrote:I just did a test playing a video with ASS subtitles locally and MX Player can handle it fine it would seem, even animated subtitles, so I suspect the issues i've had is ffmpeg not properly converting the subs from ASS to SRT causing issues like duplicate lines.

Yes something is not working there, the idea is that all subtitle formats get converted to srt, and then ServiiGo passes the url to the subtitles to MX Player directly. Not sure the best way to debug this, could you PM me an example ASS file. @zip any suggestions to track down/confirm the problem. If you look in Serviio's temp directory (set in the console), you might see a the converted subtitles file, if you look at that it might give some hints.

As an additional suggestion; always transcoding hi10p files would be nice, I have a few and they play very poorly on the phone since there is no hardware acceleration for 10-bit files.

OK, for now I could put the rule in, but comment it out, as I do want Original to be the native file by default. Maybe we need a High quality option which is the same quality as Original, but uses HLS so that the internal player can play it back/transcodes videos that will never really work properly e.g. hi10p.
Will

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:03 pm

dotted wrote:Hmm did some further testing and subtitles works fine on medium quality for MX Player, but BSPlayer won't show any subtitles at all on anything other than Original. But the problem with MX Player is that it shows both SRT and ASS at the same time

OK I think I know what the problem is. The app sends the link to the SRT subtiles to MX Player, but there is no way to send them to BS Player.

BSPlayer is probably playing back internal subtitles in the mkv under Original, these aren't there for Medium/Low hense no subtitles then.

MXPlayer is playing back the SRT subtitles under Medium/Low, and the SRT and embeded subtitles under Original.

Do your mkv's contain subtitles?
Will

<<

dotted

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:51 pm

will wrote:Do your mkv's contain subtitles?

Yes and I can disable the SRT subs in MX Player.
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:56 pm

dotted wrote:

OK, so that fixes the duplicate subtitle problem then under Original quality?

I guess I will still need to look into burned in subtitles for the internal player, or look at writing something to display subtitles myself for the long term.
Will

<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:00 pm

will wrote:Are you sure you aren't connecting to you 1.2.1 production server? (video player and profile options require Serviio 1.3)

Ah! It is 1.2.1! There's me going crazy on my journey. Using the version on Google Play, I can use external player.
There still should be option for users wanting to external players.
Serviio running on QNAP NAS 639 Pro - 1.6 Intel Dual Core - 2GB RAM and QNAP NAS 121 - 2Ghz ARM Marvell - 1GB RAM
Console using ServiiDroid for Android, ServiiMetro and ServiiWP for Windows Phone and WebUI for iOS
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:05 pm

Xmantium wrote:Ah! There's me going crazy on my journey. Using the version on Google Play, I can use external player.
There still should be option for users wanting to external players.

Ah, now that is a bug, on 1.2, it should always use the external player. Guess I haven't set it up correctly to deal with users switching between server versions. Will fix for the next beta/let the user use the internal player (as it does work on the nexus 7).

Logout, then change the setting, then log in again.
Will

<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:45 pm

will wrote:Logout, then change the setting, then log in again.

That did it, showing off ServiiGo to friends, made them all convince to ditch their "im in prison" iPhone for Android!!

HLS is a good workaround for iOS users but having an open system is the best way to enjoy Serviio.
<<

dotted

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:16 am

will wrote:
dotted wrote:

OK, so that fixes the duplicate subtitle problem then under Original quality?

I guess I will still need to look into burned in subtitles for the internal player, or look at writing something to display subtitles myself for the long term.

Yes everything works fine when i disable the SRT subtitles.
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:04 am

dotted wrote:Yes everything works fine when i disable the SRT subtitles.

Ok thats good that we know what was going on. (its also good to confirm that the ASS->SRT conversion is working).

I'll have a think about the best(/most feasiable in the time frame) solution to subtitles for 1.3.
Will

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:40 pm

Due to some unusually nice weather for the UK, this beta has taken quite a bit longer than planned but its now finally ready for testing.

One of the big things was subtitles for the internal player without relying on hardsubs. However, it currently doesn't sync up very well after seeking under Medium/Low, so I need to look into it some more, but as a start I would like some feedback on it, espicially for people with internal or non-SRT format subs to check that my parser can deal with files that have been converted etc... Also feedback on the rendering (size, position, shadow etc... would be good), in a future version I'll have options to customise it, but for now it will be hardcoded for different form factors.

@Xmantium can you confirm that the graphical problem with the controls is fixed?

Code:
==== 3.0 Beta 3 ====
*Improved internal video player
**Added support for displaying subtitles (#55)
**Show buffering progress for natively delivered videos
**Fixed graphical artifacts that showed up around the UI controls on some devices
*Open the series when clicking on the series name and season number of an episode in the details view (#48)
*Added folder thumbnails (when available) for all views
*Added support for displaying search results for online sources
*Force the external player for Serviio 1.2 servers
*Updated libraries
Will

<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:28 pm

Thanks Will! big update!! loving the cover views!!

No artifacts issues with the same file i played before
Noticed a slight bug with OSD, when you keep pressing on it, sometimes the video ratio is squashed
Example - https://www.dropbox.com/s/ebcgozk8xims2 ... .16.13.png
then https://www.dropbox.com/s/oxfjykc4xptbc ... .19.10.png
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:47 am

Xmantium wrote:Noticed a slight bug with OSD, when you keep pressing on it, sometimes the video ratio is squashed
Example - https://www.dropbox.com/s/ebcgozk8xims2 ... .16.13.png
then https://www.dropbox.com/s/oxfjykc4xptbc ... .19.10.png

Don't keep pressing on it then! :) I've actually seen that before, will try to find out whats causing it.
Will

<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:11 pm

Looking for ways to make it crash! ;) Feels rock solid!

I dont like the top standard Android bar.
Most external video players have its own OSD for time and battery life
<<

bobz

Serviio lover

Post Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:47 pm

I want to install serviiogo on my Lg google tv. My Tv 's google play doesnt see any serviiogo.
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:57 pm

bobz wrote:I want to install serviiogo on my Lg google tv. My Tv 's google play doesnt see any serviiogo.

Its specifically not compatiable with Google TVs at the moment, because it really doesn't work very well and does not represent what I consider a usable app under Google TVs. For now you will have to download it on a phone and side load it. I'm hoping to put some effort into it in a month or two once the current release that I'm working on is done, at which point you will be able to download it through Google Play directly on your tv.
Will

PreviousNext

Return to Third-party tools integration