FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/Wifi Playback App)

<<

scumball

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:20 pm

Re: ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/Wifi Playback App)

I have some series not showing correctly under the SERIES view.

They have .nfo files in the folders that point to the correct series on thetvdb.com

e.g should be X-Men: The Animated Series (I have 5 seasons of this)

<tvshow>
<genre>Superhero</genre>
<id>76115</id>
</tvshow>

But I am just seeing a single season of X
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:22 pm

scumball wrote:I have some series not showing correctly under the SERIES view.

They have .nfo files in the folders that point to the correct series on thetvdb.com

e.g should be X-Men: The Animated Series (I have 5 seasons of this)

<tvshow>
<genre>Superhero</genre>
<id>76115</id>
</tvshow>

But I am just seeing a single season of X

Does it shows up correctly under MediaBrowser (http://IP_ADDRESS:23424/mediabrowser) / on any of your other devices?

Am I right in saying you see 'Video->Series->X-Men: The Animated Series', but then under there, you only see one of your 5 seasons? Under Folders-> /path/to/show, do you see all of the seasons/episodes?

If so, try refreshing the video metadata (under the Metadata tab of the console), thetvdb.com might have been down.
Will

ServiiDroid (Android Console) Developer: Download | Home | Support
ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/WiFi Playback App) Developer: Download | Home | Support
<<

scumball

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:39 am

will wrote:
Does it shows up correctly under MediaBrowser (http://IP_ADDRESS:23424/mediabrowser) / on any of your other devices?

Am I right in saying you see 'Video->Series->X-Men: The Animated Series', but then under there, you only see one of your 5 seasons? Under Folders-> /path/to/show, do you see all of the seasons/episodes?

If so, try refreshing the video metadata (under the Metadata tab of the console), thetvdb.com might have been down.

Doesn't show correctly in Mediabrowser

I see Video -> Series -> X (1 series)
On the NAS is
X-Men Evolution (2000) -> Season 1
X-Men Evolution (2000) -> Season 2
X-Men The Animated Series (1992) -> Season 1
X-Men The Animated Series (1992) -> Season 2
X-Men The Animated Series (1992) -> Season 3
X-Men The Animated Series (1992) -> Season 4
X-Men The Animated Series (1992) -> Season 5

Under Folders I see the files but the thumbnails are all messed up.
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:44 am

scumball wrote:Doesn't show correctly in Mediabrowser

I see Video -> Series -> X (1 series)
On the NAS is
X-Men Evolution (2000) -> Season 1
X-Men Evolution (2000) -> Season 2
X-Men The Animated Series (1992) -> Season 1
X-Men The Animated Series (1992) -> Season 2
X-Men The Animated Series (1992) -> Season 3
X-Men The Animated Series (1992) -> Season 4
X-Men The Animated Series (1992) -> Season 5

Under Folders I see the files but the thumbnails are all messed up.

OK, that means that Serviio hasn't identified them correctly (which means there isn't much ServiiGo can do about it). Can you start a new thread in the help and support section (title along the lines of TV episodes not identified correctly as part of a Series when using .nfo files), usually this would be fixed by adjusting the naming to match thetvdb.com, however, because you are using .nfo files it will be different, and I'm not 100% sure exactly how the logic works for that so won't be much help.
Will

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:05 pm

New bug fix update.
  Code:
==== 3.0.3 ====
*Fixed failure to load/black screen crash on TV/STB devices e.g. MX1 Android Stick
*Added error checking/logging to help track down a crash in the music player
*Other minor bug fixes
Will

<<

m33ts4k0z

Streaming enthusiast

Post Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:33 pm

Hello all,

I just got a great Samsung TV and after trying to make Samsung Link to work I didn't succeed much in neither my Galaxy S4 nor my TV. I tried Serviio and it worked great at once even with subtitles and all and after that I tried ServiiGO and it didn't take more than 3 minutes for it to make me buy that really cheap donate version. Everything works great with it as well, even subtitles and show info.

The issue that I have is that I can't make ServiiGO to locate my donate key. I have tried installing, uninstalling and restarting the phone but with no result. When I go to Menu button -> Donate it asks me to buy the donate version again although it is already bought.

Any thoughts?

PS: Great job by the way. Keep it up.
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:50 am

m33ts4k0z wrote:Hello all,

I just got a great Samsung TV and after trying to make Samsung Link to work I didn't succeed much in neither my Galaxy S4 nor my TV. I tried Serviio and it worked great at once even with subtitles and all and after that I tried ServiiGO and it didn't take more than 3 minutes for it to make me buy that really cheap donate version. Everything works great with it as well, even subtitles and show info.

The issue that I have is that I can't make ServiiGO to locate my donate key. I have tried installing, uninstalling and restarting the phone but with no result. When I go to Menu button -> Donate it asks me to buy the donate version again although it is already bought.

Any thoughts?

PS: Great job by the way. Keep it up.

Make sure you actually install the donate key that you bought. Otherwise, please send me an email at the support address and include the order reference from Google.
Will

<<

m33ts4k0z

Streaming enthusiast

Post Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:24 am

will wrote:Make sure you actually install the donate key that you bought. Otherwise, please send me an email at the support address and include the order reference from Google.

Hello Will and thanks for your answer,

I have already dispatched an email to you using the Google Play's developer email address button.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Thanks for the help Will. You got 5 stars from me on Google Play.
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:04 pm

I'm going to have a chance to do a bit of dev work this weekend, any feature requests for the next version (aside from Chromecast which I'm still looking into :))?

I've made some internal changes to how I manage servers, once done the first wave will allow:
+Multiple Servers
+Automatic image cache purging for old servers (including after a server upgrade that resulted in Serviio updating the DB schema)
+Options for differnt quality depending on the connection type: Mobile, WiFi and Home WiFi (by associating an SSID with each server entry)
+Caching of authentication tokens and responses so that the app shows you the last view you were on straight away (but also initiates a refresh if older than X)

This is also a pre-requisit for a feature I've wanted to add for a while now, a widget that displays the last added videos, so I might try to get this done as well.

With that in mind, can you think of anything along those lines that you would like? Or anything else that is important to you (even if you have requested it before, do ask again, thats how I know how important features are!)?
Will

<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:07 pm

Hi Will, just got everyone in my household move from the dreadful iOS to Android and they all love this app!
-Feedback from them: White Theme should be default - i agree!

-My request is auto refresh folder option or ability to detect new content in folder.

-Since most Android users are Samsung Galaxy/Note phones, it has the ability do AirView - http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2013/06/hover- ... -air-view/
Some apps like Flipboard take advantage of this cool feature for Samsung phones.

-Love to also see banner view in "Shows" catergory - Image

-http://fanart.tv provides much quality and cooler fanart for TV and Movies

-erm... Chromecast :P
Sony Bravia 2010 52NX803 - Sony PS3 - Xbox 360
Serviio running on QNAP NAS 639 Pro - 1.6 Intel Dual Core - 2GB RAM and QNAP NAS 121 - 2Ghz ARM Marvell - 1GB RAM
Console using ServiiDroid for Android, ServiiMetro and ServiiWP for Windows Phone and WebUI for iOS
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:32 pm

Hi Will, just got everyone in my household move from the dreadful iOS to Android and they all love this app!
-Feedback from them: White Theme should be default - i agree!

Glad they like it, yes I've been thinking about that, although not for TVs, tried it on mine and it was far too bright!

Ability to detect new content in folder.

I've been thinking about this recently as I would love to make the app always up to date, without constant polling of the server (i.e. I really do not want auto-refresh as it shouldn't be needed). Unfortunately, its going to require some server side changes, and to do it properly would require a lot, probably far too many for it to be done any time soon. So i've been thinking about a possible compromise, ie when getting details Serviio could return the last update date/time for the contents in each container, and if the app has an upto date version of those, then it doesn't need to re-fetch them. I need to have a bit more of a think about how the API could work, and then talk to Petr about what is possible.

-Since most Android users are Samsung Galaxy/Note phones, it has the ability do AirView - http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2013/06/hover- ... -air-view/
Some apps like Flipboard take advantage of this cool feature for Samsung phones.

8.45% of active users in the last month have an Galaxy S IV, and 8% have a Galaxy Note, so <20%. Put it on bitbucket if you really want it, but it probably won't happen for a while (and I would need to get hold of a device to test it on).

-Love to also see banner view in "Shows" catergory - Image
The problem with the banners is that I have to do 3 HTTP requests per show to search for the show ID, look up the show, and then download the banner. Whereas the posts are provided by Serviio, so its only 1 HTTP request to download the poster. Do you not like the poster view?

-http://fanart.tv provides much quality and cooler fanart for TV and Movies

I'll look into it when I add an option in the app to choose the backdrops etc..
Will

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:45 am

I'll add the theme to the info I collect metrics on for 3.0.4, and then see what users are using the most. If a decent percentage are using it I'll make it the default for the next version.

Acording to my stats, usage of the app in the last month by devices running < 4.X has now dropped to 7%, and looking at just tablet users, less than 1% are running < 3.2 (which introduced the ability to specify layouts based on device width/height, rather than a general catorgorisation of large/xlarge). So going forward any new layout optimisations for tablets will require 3.2+. I will aim for it to still work, but they will all get a standard tablet layout that should work, whereas newer tablets will get a layout designed for the available screen width and height.

Despite my temptation to drop support for phones on 2.2/2.3, I'll be keeping that around for the foreseeable future, although usage for 2.2 has also dropped to below 1%.
Will

<<

spudy12

DLNA master

Post Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:53 am

Hi Will
Am really loving the app, use it all the time out and about on my S3!

Just one question, is there anyway to get the app running on a raspberry pi?
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:15 am

Well is your Pi running Android? The most likely problem will be video playback, as the videos will have to be (or be transcoded to) something that the Pi can hardware decode.
Will

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:39 pm

Just uploaded a bug fix release, should be with you shortly.

Code:
==== 3.0.4 ====
*Fixed showing the correct message when trying to connect to an unsupported legacy server
*Fixed resuming playback in the internal video player at the correct position after an error
*Fixed crash when playing back some unrecognised music (missing ID3 tags) found via search
*Fixed some other rare crashes
Will

<<

gbscobel

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:56 am

Will,

My two biggest requests would be

1. Ability to view all songs by an artist rather than by album

2. Ability to do multi word searches.

Apart from those things I think your app is wonderful
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:22 am

gbscobel wrote:Will,

Thanks. Both of those need changes to the server see https://bitbucket.org/xnejp03/serviio/i ... containing and https://bitbucket.org/xnejp03/serviio/i ... -modifiers
Will

<<

gbscobel

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:37 pm

gbscobel wrote:
Will,

Thanks. Both of those need changes to the server see https://bitbucket.org/xnejp03/serviio/i ... containing and https://bitbucket.org/xnejp03/serviio/i ... -modifiers

Ok, nice to see they're on the list at least albeit at what looks to be a low priority. Neither one is a dealbreaker, would just make finding certain music tracks a lot easier for those of us with large libraries.
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:07 am

I've just uploaded the first (and hopefully only) beta for ServiiGo 3.1 to Google Play.

Code:
==== 3.1 Beta 1 ====
*Improved first run/add server experience
*Support for multiple servers (#13)
*Automatic cache cleanup for old servers (includes server side upgrades)
*Replaced server discovery with smaller and more reliable implementation
*Fixed discovering servers when the device has a non-generic DLNA profile set in the console
*Default to the light theme for non-TV devices
*Only show about info as a dialog on large devices
*Other minor bug fixes

There are a couple of changes that need testing. Firstly server discovery, before I was using a full UPnP/DLNA library (~900KB of jars). While it works pretty well, its overly complex for what I need and although there is active development its on a new version that is 4.0+ only. I've now replaced this with a very small server discovery implementation based on a small android-dlna library. While I have done lots of testing on my devices, I cannot try it out in the emulators as they don't support multicast, so if anyone has a device running < 4.0, please give it a go to make sure it works just as well (if not better), than what I used before. In my tests its even faster, because I've made it only request and parse the bare minimum.

I've also changed the workflow of how help about setup is displayed. Please remove your existing server (although do confirm that your existing one was migrated properly), then go through the process of automatic and manual setup, reading the messages (also look at the extra help available from the add server screen), and give me some feedback. My goal for this is as follows:
1) Existing/previous users that know what they are doing should not be interrupted
2) It should be very clear to new users that Serviio Pro is required
3) If a user hasn't installed serviio yet, it should be obvious that they need to
4) If everything is set up for a new user already, it should just work
5) If a new user needs to do something, such as upgrade their server, buy the license (maybe in a few days time due to the eval running out), set a password etc... it should also be obvious and help them do that as much as possible

So please comment on how you fit into those points and if the new workflow is helpful.

I've also re-activated installing to Google TVs for the beta.

If any one has any suggestions as to how to make the launch screen more interesting on tablets, please let me know.
Will

<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:52 am

Thanks Will for a massive update!!
Now that you have included Multi server support, please can you include back button to go back to the list of servers rather than closing the app down.
Example, on the list of Serviio servers, you click on the server, it lists the contents, when you press back it closes the app. I know you can press "logout" from menu but for easy usability its best to have the back button.

The new Serviio discovery works perfectly fine, think its a little faster than before, are you going to replace ServiiDroid with this one too?
Same server works fine as it should. The internal player is now my default player as i get no sync issues i sometimes get with BSPlayer.
Sony Bravia 2010 52NX803 - Sony PS3 - Xbox 360
Serviio running on QNAP NAS 639 Pro - 1.6 Intel Dual Core - 2GB RAM and QNAP NAS 121 - 2Ghz ARM Marvell - 1GB RAM
Console using ServiiDroid for Android, ServiiMetro and ServiiWP for Windows Phone and WebUI for iOS
PreviousNext

Return to Third-party tools integration