FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/Wifi Playback App)

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:00 pm

Re: ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/Wifi Playback App)

Xmantium wrote:I dont like the top standard Android bar.
Most external video players have its own OSD for time and battery life

Thats a big no no in terms of design/UX practicies as it prevents users from interacting with notifications without interupting video playback. The video players that still do that should really be updated to not have the own OSD.
Will

ServiiDroid (Android Console) Developer: Download | Home | Support
ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/WiFi Playback App) Developer: Download | Home | Support
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:58 am

Btw, the problem with subtitles not syncing up after seeking has been sorted and will be fixed with the next Serviio Beta/RC.
Will

<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:51 pm

Holy Moly! Im not sure if you read todays Android changes but i want Chromecast support for ServiiGo!!

http://chrome.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/fr ... -love.html
Sony Bravia 2010 52NX803 - Sony PS3 - Xbox 360
Serviio running on QNAP NAS 639 Pro - 1.6 Intel Dual Core - 2GB RAM and QNAP NAS 121 - 2Ghz ARM Marvell - 1GB RAM
Console using ServiiDroid for Android, ServiiMetro and ServiiWP for Windows Phone and WebUI for iOS
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:18 pm

Xmantium wrote:Holy Moly! Im not sure if you read todays Android changes but i want Chromecast support for ServiiGo!!

Will look at the samples once they are out, would probably do it at the same time as I implement pushing to Google TVs, but it probably won't be this year unless it is very simple as there are a lot of features that have been on the wishlist for far too long.
Will

<<

ROMzombie

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:11 pm

I think everyone should go here and "Vote" for the Chromecast support, to give a feel for how much people want it. ;-)
https://bitbucket.org/willlunniss/serviigo/issue/59/chromecast-support
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:16 pm

Please do vote on the features you want! Its quite hard to gauge what to work on without lots of feedback.
Will

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:05 am

This release is designed for the profile changes in 1.3 RC1, so make sure you have update your server. I'm not sure if any of the beta testers have Google TVs, so I'm probably going to remove installation on Google TVs for 3.0 final, but then quickly release a 3.1 Beta 0 with it turned back on again and then invite people to test it out against Serviio 1.3 stable. If you have one of those android sticks that you plug into your TV, feedback on remote control support and the layout changes would be good. I'm going away later this week for a week and a half, so you have until wednesday evening to find any bugs, otherwise you will have to wait until I'm back for them to be fixed.

Code:
==== 3.0 Beta 4 ====
*Added EXPERIMENTAL support for Google TVs
*Profile changes (requires Serviio 1.3 RC1)
**Added a new profile for Google TVs
**Devices running < Android 3.2 have a choice of Legacy profile (mpeg2, low res thumbs and images), or the Standard profile (mpeg2, high res thumbs and images), and only an external player
**Devices running >= Android 3.2 have a choice of the Standard profile (mpeg2) or HLS profile (x264) and can use the internal or external player
*Improved handling of remote controls/keyboards (#51)
*Optimised some layouts for browsing media on devices without touch screens
*Fixed the poster art grid view for Movies/Series on Android 2.3
*Improved quality of image slideshow and set as wallpaper when using a non-Legacy profile
*Reduced memory usage in the image slideshow
*Various layout tweaks
*Lots of other minor fixes
Will

<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:45 pm

Hi will i cant connect to my Serviio 1.3 beta 3 on my QNAP.
logs say
  Code:
2013-07-31 14:43:23,742 WARN  [CDSBrowseServerResource] Profile with id serviigo_standard doesn't exist
2013-07-31 14:43:23,742 WARN  [ServiioStatusService] HttpCodeException occured. Returning error code 400 to the REST layer. Message: null

EDIT! Just read you notice you need RC1, makes sense now
Sony Bravia 2010 52NX803 - Sony PS3 - Xbox 360
Serviio running on QNAP NAS 639 Pro - 1.6 Intel Dual Core - 2GB RAM and QNAP NAS 121 - 2Ghz ARM Marvell - 1GB RAM
Console using ServiiDroid for Android, ServiiMetro and ServiiWP for Windows Phone and WebUI for iOS
<<

Lattisimo

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:40 pm

will wrote:
Xmantium wrote:Holy Moly! Im not sure if you read todays Android changes but i want Chromecast support for ServiiGo!!

Will look at the samples once they are out, would probably do it at the same time as I implement pushing to Google TVs, but it probably won't be this year unless it is very simple as there are a lot of features that have been on the wishlist for far too long.

I already use Serviio with my Logitec Revue (although not perfectly) and Google TV is supposed to have the same functionality of the Chromecast according to Google. I know I can already "Cast" from Netflix and Youtube aps from my phone to the Netflix and Youtube apps on my Logitec Revue.

With the Chromecast only costing $35, and Google TV costing $100-$200, I see Chromecast as being more readily adoptable for multiple rooms in the house. Mine hasn't arrived yet and I'm already looking at ordering 4 more for my home and travel.

Chromecast's
Multi-standard audio and video decoding

-H.264 high profile @ Level 4.1, 4.2 and 5
-VC-1
-MPEG2/4
-WMV9 MP
-VP6/8 SD & HD
-DIVX-HD

-Dolby Digital (AC3)
-Dolby Digital Plus
-Dolby TrueHD
-DST HD-MA
-DTS digital surround
-DTS-HD
-AAC/AAC+
-WMA
-MPEG1 Layer 1/2/3, MPEG2 Layer 2, AC3, E-AC3, HE-AAC v1L2 & v2L4, MPEG2-LC
-MP3, MPEG audio
-AC3 & DTS encode over SPDIF
^^ taken from Marvell's press release for the Armada 1500 cpu ^^

Thanks for all your hard work. I really hope this feature peaks your interest before next year. Myself and a large number of Chromecast owners are already intensely looking into this functionality. I love Serviio and would like it to be the must have software for the Chromecast. Thanks again for all you do.
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:59 pm

Lattisimo wrote:I already use Serviio with my Logitec Revue (although not perfectly) and Google TV is supposed to have the same functionality of the Chromecast according to Google. I know I can already "Cast" from Netflix and Youtube aps from my phone to the Netflix and Youtube apps on my Logitec Revue.

With the Chromecast only costing $35, and Google TV costing $100-$200, I see Chromecast as being more readily adoptable for multiple rooms in the house. Mine hasn't arrived yet and I'm already looking at ordering 4 more for my home and travel.

Thanks for all your hard work. I really hope this feature peaks your interest before next year. Myself and a large number of Chromecast owners are already intensely looking into this functionality. I love Serviio and would like it to be the must have software for the Chromecast. Thanks again for all you do.

Its looking a lot simpler than when the docs initially started comming out. I'll be giving this some serious attention once i'm back from holiday and have got 3.0 out the door. The video player work for 3.0 will be a big help, as all the control logic can be re-used, although I've noted a few initial problems in the ticket.

Video codecs shouldn't be too much of a problem as Serviio 1.3 supports transcoding to H.264.

Netflix/YouTube use something custom to send to Google TV, the idea is an update will allow a common API to cast to Chromecast and Google TV. So hopefully that will come soon as it will let you control ServiiGo running on your Google TV from your phone/tablet, as well as Chromecast.
Will

<<

kissskoool

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:47 am

Is it possible to add a download or sync button to get the video and its subs locally on the phone/tablet ?

It could be a very useful feature when we're on the go and want to take some vids in train or plane...

Maybe we could also choose the quality (size) of the video.

For information, it was a function i discovered and used on the plex mobile app.
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:59 pm

kissskoool wrote:Is it possible to add a download or sync button to get the video and its subs locally on the phone/tablet ?

It could be a very useful feature when we're on the go and want to take some vids in train or plane...

Maybe we could also choose the quality (size) of the video.

For information, it was a function i discovered and used on the plex mobile app.

Its one of the many things on my todo list, I need to get 3.0 out first though.
Will

<<

kissskoool

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:50 am

Its one of the many things on my todo list, I need to get 3.0 out first though.

Cool ! No pb. I'm glad to hear that it is in your todo list.
Thanks.
<<

gaberad

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:45 am

Been using this on a tablet for a few days, have a couple questions/requests:

Would you consider having a view where Audio, Image, and Video are tabs along the top rather than in the side menu? It would allow quicker changing/swiping between the categories, rather than having to open the menu each time.

Also, how/when is the sidebar supposed to show?

With this setup:

The side bar only shows once you select a folder under under the parent folder:

Is that how it's supposed to work? Would it be possible for the sidebar to show when you select the parent folder?

It works like that with nested folders. I just did a quick test: added folder "Test1.1" inside folder "Test1", and when you select folder "Test1" it shows "Test1.1" in the sidebar.
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:31 pm

gaberad wrote:Been using this on a tablet for a few days, have a couple questions/requests:

Would you consider having a view where Audio, Image, and Video are tabs along the top rather than in the side menu? It would allow quicker changing/swiping between the categories, rather than having to open the menu each time.

Also, how/when is the sidebar supposed to show?

Is that how it's supposed to work? Would it be possible for the sidebar to show when you select the parent folder?

It works like that with nested folders. I just did a quick test: added folder "Test1.1" inside folder "Test1", and when you select folder "Test1" it shows "Test1.1" in the sidebar.

I've thought long and hard about the first point, and from the Analytics data that I have collected, most people seem to stick in one category for a while, and don't jump around too much, although that might be because of the extra step...

Currently the sidebar shows for any level 3 container. In other words, you won't see the containers that show in the slide out menu in it (which are usually categories e.g. Series, Movies, Folders, Albums etc..), but you will see anything below it. Reason being is not to duplicate the content in the slide out menu vs the side bar, but also because the containers in the slide out menu are distinct categories. Obviously it doesn't work quite as intented if you use 'Display content only'. I guess you are wanting it to display when you are in any 2nd level container (e.g. Test in your case), so that you can have multiple folders at the same level as Test and browse them using it? That could be done via an extra option I guess.

TBH, i'm not happy with some aspects of the browsing experience, and plan to experiment a bit in the future once I've got the current version out the door, but I was thinking more along the lines of swiping between containers/folders, rather than media type which I feel works reasonably well as seperate parts of the app. As for the sidebar, that also needs some thinking, so I am very much open to suggestions.
Will

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:52 am

I've uploaded what will hopefully be the last release before 3.0 final. Please give it a good test and try to actively break it, epsicially the video player. The only outstanding issue that I really want to fix is that on < 4.3, I don't recieve proper buffing info which means the video will still be loading but I think its still playing so don't show a loading spinner. Other than that I want to get this out ASAP.

Depending on when you joined the beta programme, you may get reverted to the legacy profile (which uses low res thumbnails and images), just go into the settings and re-select your chosen one. I've adjusted the wording for the profiles/video players a bit, is it clear what each option does?

Code:
==== 3.0 RC1 ====
*Switch between thumbnails and details for certain views (#11)
*Ability to filter search results to only show certain categories
*Improved internal video player
**Handle network errors and give an option to retry
**Handle playback being interrupted and give an option to resume
**Use either landscape orientation (tablets)
*Adjustment to profile naming and descriptions
*Added a link to setup Simple Last.fm Scrobbler from the settings
*Fixed crash on LG Google TV
*Updated translations
*Updated libraries
Will

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:40 am

I've found a couple of bugs in RC1, so I'm going to do an RC2 before releasing the final version, should be with you shortly.

Code:
==== 3.0 RC2 ====
*Detect buffering when using the Enhanced/Google TV profile on < Android 4.3
*Fixed search results filter when using the light theme
*Fixed image slideshow
*Some other minor improvements to the internal video player
*Minor adjustments to subtitle rendering
*Minor bug fixes
*Recommend Serviio 1.3.1
*Updated libraries
Will

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:44 pm

Its taken a long time, but 3.0 is now ready (or as ready as its going to get) and should be with you shortly. Thank you for those that provided feedback, it really is very important and even the case of using the beta versions so that I get crash reports helps a lot, to Petr for the great features he put into 1.3 which ServiiGo now uses :), and to those who help with translations.
Acording to my git repo, I'm about to merge 335 commits into the master branch, but even then there were lots of backend changes for Serviio 1.3/ServiiGo 3.0 that were done around 2.2/2.3, so its probably closer to 500 commits worth of code. Looking ahead 4.0 is going to focus on re-designing some of the views/browsing experiences, and hopefully finalise Google TV support and depending on what happens with the SDK, Chromecast support.

For those who haven't been part of the beta testing, here are the changes:

Code:
==== 3.0 ====
*Updated for Serviio 1.3
**Quickly search for content (#47)
**Internal video player that supports seeking under Medium/Low quality when using the new Enhanced profile (Android 4.0+)
**Higher resolution thumbnails and images (Standard/Enhanced profile)
**Folder thumbnails
**New audio browsing categories
*Scrobble tracks to Last.fm via Simple Last.fm Scrobbler (#50) (Donate only)
*Updated Music Player UI for large devices
*Switch between thumbnails and details for certain views (#42) (#11)
*Improved handling of remote controls/keyboards (#51)
*Optimised some layouts for large devices without touchscreens
*Navigate to the series form the episode details view (#48)
*Improved quality of images loaded from cache
*Lots of performance improvements and bug fixes
*Updated libraries
*Updated translations

For those of you who have been beta testing it, here are the changes since RC2. Note i've removed Google TV support for now from the main version as i've found a number of bugs that I haven't had a chance to fix, and need to get some input from testers. If you have a Google TV, join the beta programme to download it/contact me for details.

Code:
==== 3.0 - Changes since RC2 ====
*Internal video player now requires Android 4.0+ or Google TV
*Various bug fixes to the internal video player
*Updated translations
Will

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:20 pm

I've uploaded a small update to Google Play, keep those translations coming in!

Code:
==== 3.0.1 ====
*Improved parsing of non-standard subtitle files
*Other minor bug fixes
*Updated translations
Will

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:11 pm

And another update, thanks to Dmitry for emailing in about it.

Code:
==== 3.0.2 ====
*Fixed connecting to a server with an evaulation license
Will

PreviousNext

Return to Third-party tools integration