FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

SvtPlay

<<

n3mmr

DLNA master

Post Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:14 am

Re: SvtPlay (Sweden only)

ottomatic wrote:OK... while I was at it, I added support for clips (not just full shows).

Some time in the future I may add support for selecting whether you want clips or not. For now, they are included among the feed items no matter what.

So, if you downloaded the plugin around midnight, you may want to grab it again.

Any other additions beyond clips? Otherwise, I'll defer upgrading. I don't want clips cluttering the menu.
Unless they can be relegated to a second menu from serviio.
Serviio 2.3 in a jail on TrueNAS 13 running on an HP N54L w 5*4 TB spinning rust disks.
The media files are on the same machine.
<<

ottomatic

DLNA master

Post Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:01 pm

n3mmr wrote:Any other additions beyond clips? Otherwise, I'll defer upgrading. I don't want clips cluttering the menu.

No, the only difference between 1.1.3 and 1.1.4 is that the clips are shown in the latter.

AFAICT all the shows are listed first and then all the clips.
<<

n3mmr

DLNA master

Post Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:25 pm

ottomatic wrote:
n3mmr wrote:Any other additions beyond clips? Otherwise, I'll defer upgrading. I don't want clips cluttering the menu.

No, the only difference between 1.1.3 and 1.1.4 is that the clips are shown in the latter.

AFAICT all the shows are listed first and then all the clips.

Oh, alright, I'll put it in after the weekend. Gotta pack for snowy slopes.. 1 inch and about 1% slope but -15 C... :-) Thanks for being so active!
Serviio 2.3 in a jail on TrueNAS 13 running on an HP N54L w 5*4 TB spinning rust disks.
The media files are on the same machine.
<<

ottomatic

DLNA master

Post Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:05 pm

Here is version 1.1.3 of the plugin, for anyone who wants to get the fix which removes some dependency from the Pirateplay API and DON'T want to see clips among the feed items.
Attachments
SvtPlayWebResouceExtractor.groovy
SVTPlay plaugin v1.1.3
(33.94 KiB) Downloaded 385 times
<<

ottomatic

DLNA master

Post Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:24 am

Re: SvtPlay

I believe that there are no longer any general geo-restrictions on SVTPlay content. Some content from foreign sources will be restricted due to licensing, but most content is free even for clients from outside of Sweden. Thus, I have renamed the thread from "SvtPlay (Sweden only)" to just "SvtPlay".
<<

ottomatic

DLNA master

Post Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:59 pm

Folks,

I have uploaded version 1.1.5 of the plugin.

This reverts the behavior so that by default only episodes are shown among the feed items.

The user may, however, turn on clips (and turn off episodes) for individual feed definitions.

Here are the relevant lines from the documentation:

* If you want to get only the episodes of the shows (and not the related clips) you do not need to
* modify the URL:s which you have found as per the above instructions.
* If you DO want to include the clips, you need to add the request parameter serviioclips=1 to the URL.
* If you do NOT want to include the shows, you need to add the request parameter serviioepisodes=0 to the URL.
* PLEASE NOTE: Neither of these request parameters will actually be passed to the SvtPlay servers. They
* will only be used internally by the plugin and then stripped from the resource URL.
* Example. To get shows AND clips of "En pilgrims död", modify the URL so it becomes:
* http://www.svtplay.se/en-pilgrims-dod?t ... iioclips=1
* If you want one feed to display ONLY the shows and another feed to display ONLY the clips,
* use these two feed urls:
* 1) http://www.svtplay.se/en-pilgrims-dod?t ... des&sida=1
* 2) http://www.svtplay.se/en-pilgrims-dod?t ... episodes=0

I'll move on to see if I can add support for live shows.
<<

JeppeTh

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:47 pm

Any chance of getting subtitles to work as well? I.e. in pirateplayer it's most often/always possible to download it to a (w)srt-file. E.g. Swedish subtitles for Swedish programs that is...
<<

ottomatic

DLNA master

Post Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:07 pm

JeppeTh wrote:Any chance of getting subtitles to work as well? I.e. in pirateplayer it's most often/always possible to download it to a (w)srt-file. E.g. Swedish subtitles for Swedish programs that is...

The Serviio plugin architecture does not have support for subtitle information (but the DLNA spec has AFAIK). Introducing such support has been suggested to the serviio developer(s) and it might be included in future releases of Serviio. When it does, I know how to parse the info from the SVTPlay web and include it in the feed items returned by the plugin.

EDIT: According to this forum post, the plugin architecture will support subtitles already in the next version. I'm note sure if it will be implemented as an on-the-fly-burn-in onto the transcoded video stream (which would mean you don't get to choose yourself whether or not you want the subtitles) or as a proper DLNA property (which would let you toggle the display of subtitles if your DLNA client supports it).
Last edited by ottomatic on Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.
<<

ottomatic

DLNA master

Post Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:22 pm

Folks,

I believe I have solved the live broadcast issue.

The live broadcast items are shown in the feed if the show is currently being broadcast or will be broadcast at a later time.

Here is the relevant part from the plugin documentation:

* Live feeds are included since version 1.1.6.
* They can sometimes be included in certain category pages (such as news).
* To add a feed with ONLY live shows, use this:
* http://www.svtplay.se/?tab=live&sida=1
* As usual, increase the trailing number to get more (multiple of 8) shows.

Enjoy!

/ O
<<

Gran.Kristofferson

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:06 pm

ottomatic, first of all thanks for great work on this plugin.
I started to use this just the other day on my Samsung LE46C658. Works great. The question is have is the following:
I'm using the following URL, http://www.svtplay.se/kategorier/dokumentar?tab=episodes&sida=13, which I understand should show all the shows on the page.

"Though I've set Max. number of feed items to retrieve" to "Ulimited", I only get 20 shows in the list on my Samsung.
By the way, I'm using the most recent SVT plugin.

Thanks
<<

ottomatic

DLNA master

Post Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:27 pm

Gran.Kristofferson wrote:ottomatic, first of all thanks for great work on this plugin.
I started to use this just the other day on my Samsung LE46C658. Works great. The question is have is the following:
I'm using the following URL, http://www.svtplay.se/kategorier/dokumentar?tab=episodes&sida=13, which I understand should show all the shows on the page.

"Though I've set Max. number of feed items to retrieve" to "Ulimited", I only get 20 shows in the list on my Samsung.

Thanks

You should be getting 100 episodes. That is what the plugin returns.

Are you sure your tv is not just splitting the list up onto 5 different pages which you may scroll between?

The 20 shows which you can see, are they the top 20 on the page as viewed in a web browser?

To assist you further, I would need to see a debug log from your serviio server. Please enable debug logging and post your log as an attachment.

Regards

/ O
<<

ottomatic

DLNA master

Post Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:03 pm

ottomatic wrote:EDIT: According to this forum post, the plugin architecture will support subtitles already in the next version. I'm note sure if it will be implemented as an on-the-fly-burn-in onto the transcoded video stream (which would mean you don't get to choose yourself whether or not you want the subtitles) or as a proper DLNA property (which would let you toggle the display of subtitles if your DLNA client supports it).

Getting back on the subtitle thread, the word from Serviio's main developer, zip, is that the plugin architecture will NOT support subtitles in version 1.2, but likely will in 1.3.
<<

Gran.Kristofferson

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:48 pm

ottomatic wrote:
Gran.Kristofferson wrote:ottomatic, first of all thanks for great work on this plugin.

"Max. number of feed items to retrieve" to "Ulimited", I only get 20 shows in the list on my Samsung.

Thanks

Are you sure your tv is not just splitting the list up onto 5 different pages which you may scroll between?

The 20 shows which you can see, are they the top 20 on the page as viewed in a web browser?

To assist you further, I would need to see a debug log from your serviio server. Please enable debug logging and post your log as an attachment.

Regards

/ O

Yes they are the top 20 first shows that can bee seen in the web browser. I also tried to set "Max. number of feed items to retrieve" to 50, but without success, it still shows 20 items.

On my Samsung I do have several pages indeed, but flipping through the pages just gives me the 20 items either way.
I'll prepare a debug log asap.

/GK
<<

Gran.Kristofferson

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:02 pm

OK. PM'ed you the log file.

/GK
<<

Gran.Kristofferson

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:16 pm

ottomatic wrote:

Thanks

Regards

/ O

While doing the logfile I had to restart the serviio service, and BAM now it's working! So there's no error actually :D
Thanks for you time!!

/GK
<<

ottomatic

DLNA master

Post Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:51 pm

Gran.Kristofferson wrote:While doing the logfile I had to restart the serviio service, and BAM now it's working! So there's no error actually :D
Thanks for you time!!

/GK

No problem. Remember to reset the log settings back to INFO to avoid getting huge logfiles.

/ O
<<

Gran.Kristofferson

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:56 pm

ottomatic wrote:
Gran.Kristofferson wrote:While doing the logfile I had to restart the serviio service, and BAM now it's working! So there's no error actually :D
Thanks for you time!!

/GK

No problem. Remember to reset the log settings back to INFO to avoid getting huge logfiles.

/ O

OH, forgot already, Thanks!
<<

JeppeTh

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:16 pm

ottomatic wrote:The Serviio plugin architecture does not have support for subtitle information (but the DLNA spec has AFAIK). Introducing such support has been suggested to the serviio developer(s) and it might be included in future releases of Serviio. When it does, I know how to parse the info from the SVTPlay web and include it in the feed items returned by the plugin.

Awesome 8-).

Another thing - not sure if it's a limitation in Serviio, The Plugin or my Client (Samsung Bluray) - but could it be possible to implement fast forward/rewind and jump to a specific time in the episode? It's not working on my client at least - perhaps a limitation there...
<<

ottomatic

DLNA master

Post Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:29 pm

JeppeTh wrote:Another thing - not sure if it's a limitation in Serviio, The Plugin or my Client (Samsung Bluray) - but could it be possible to implement fast forward/rewind and jump to a specific time in the episode? It's not working on my client at least - perhaps a limitation there...

I too have a Samsung Bluray with the same problems.

I think it has to do with online streams in general and HLS streams in particular. HLS is a dynamic HTTP Streaming protocol for Apple. It is one of the stream types which SvtPlay uses, to support iPad clients. The other major stream type used, HDS, is not supported my ffmpeg (which Serviio uses for transcoding). So, for almost all shows handled by the SvtPlay plugin, the stream which Serviio grabs, and transcodes, will he a HLS stream.

I have browsed through the source code of ffmpeg's HLS implementation. To me it looks as if seeking has been disabled as a workaround for some glitches in "some HLS servers". So it might be an HLS limitation - although the way the stream segments are described by the meta-data in the m3u8 files, the media format should be perfect for seeking. Not sure if I have read the source code properly though.

I have opened a ticket with the ffmpeg developers to get support for HDS as well. AFAICT no one has volunteered to do the implementation, so I am actually working on it myself. It is very very slow progress for me since I am not very well versed in either ANSI C or the ffmpeg architecture.
<<

Swehawk

Serviio lover

Post Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:08 pm

This may only partly apply to the SVTplay plugin, but I'll give it a go anyway! My problem is stuttering/jerky playback. The standard LG-profile doesn't online-transcode H264, only remuxes. Now, I can play high profile H264 videos from file with no problem at all up to 8Mbit/s bitrate. The remuxed video is only 2,1 Mbit/s and my CPU-load is not an issue. I tried forcing trancoding into mpeg2video, but my poor old cpu can't keep up and I get buffering (although quality is good). I tried to uncheck the "high quality" checkbox in the Console - Transcoding tab; no difference. Also tried lowering the quality setting in Console - Online sources, even to Low; no difference at all. Should it be necessary to restart Serviio after changing the mentioned quality settings? I hate restarting the Serviio service cause it has to rebuild the online resources every time :x

As I recall, It worked quite well with the old plugin + Serviio 6.x :?

Any ideas of what to try next? I refuse to throw in the towel yet ;)
PreviousNext

Return to Available plugins