FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Öppet Arkiv (Swedish Public television archive)

<<

ottomatic

DLNA master

Post Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:24 pm

Re: Öppet Arkiv (Swedish Public television archive)

OK, so I have posted yet another version, 1.0.5.

This retrieves more than 18 episodes per show (fixes the bug report regarding Fem Myror... earlier in the thread.

Regards.

/ O
<<

n3mmr

DLNA master

Post Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:24 am

ottomatic wrote:OK, so I have posted yet another version, 1.0.5.

This retrieves more than 18 episodes per show (fixes the bug report regarding Fem Myror... earlier in the thread.

Regards.

/ O

Thanks. Will get back.

Am I the only user???

:-)
Serviio 2.3 in a jail on TrueNAS 13 running on an HP N54L w 5*4 TB spinning rust disks.
The media files are on the same machine.
<<

n3mmr

DLNA master

Post Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:53 pm

n3mmr wrote:

Regards.

/ O

Thanks. Will get back.

Am I the only user???

Have tested the latest version.

> 18 episodes works.

P R and S work, now. Å Ä Ö do not work.
Serviio 2.3 in a jail on TrueNAS 13 running on an HP N54L w 5*4 TB spinning rust disks.
<<

n3mmr

DLNA master

Post Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:45 pm

n3mmr wrote:
n3mmr wrote:

Regards.

/ O

Thanks. Will get back.

Am I the only user???

Have tested the latest version.

> 18 episodes works.

P R and S work, now. Å Ä Ö do not work.

Also, the utter lack of structure in the Oppet Arkiv presentation system makes your work well nigh impossible. Kudos to you for trying.

P.S. The Öppet Arkiv web page is an amaateurish design by someone with no insight in GUI design.
This is odd; The svtplay main page is near perfect; whatever you're looking for can be found by at least two different information universes. In Öppet Arkiv, some shows are presented as episodes in a series, other shows as individual shows with no reference to the series name.
<<

n3mmr

DLNA master

Post Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:26 pm

The characters Å, Ä and Ö do not work, for me at least.
<<

ottomatic

DLNA master

Post Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:07 pm

n3mmr wrote:The characters Å, Ä and Ö do not work, for me at least.

OK, I'll look into it over the weekend.
<<

n3mmr

DLNA master

Post Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:54 pm

ottomatic wrote:

Actually, Z won't work, either!
<<

ottomatic

DLNA master

Post Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:57 am

n3mmr wrote:
ottomatic wrote:

Actually, Z won't work, either!

Z won't work because there are no shows whose names start with Z. Ergo, that section is disabled.
<<

ottomatic

DLNA master

Post Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:34 am

New version posted, 1.0.6.

This fixes the problem with "letter URL:s" for Å, Ä and Ö reported by n3mmer.

The link for shows whose names start with Å is still:
http://www.oppetarkiv.se/kategori/titel#Å

The plugin now correctly delivers feed items for the individual episodes of those shows.
<<

n3mmr

DLNA master

Post Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:12 am

ottomatic wrote:New version posted, 1.0.6.

This fixes the problem with "letter URL:s" for Å, Ä and Ö reported by n3mmer.

The link for shows whose names start with Å is still:
http://www.oppetarkiv.se/kategori/titel#Å

The plugin now correctly delivers feed items for the individual episodes of those shows.

Thanks. Seems to work as well as is possible.

This does bring up another, possibly unrelated, idea.
I'd love to be able to do "title editing" on the fly. As it is, many of the Öppet Arkiv shows show up as "Show title, Show title" or, worse, "Very long annoying show name, episode title".
In the first case it's merely annoying, in the latter case it means browsing won't work very well on many players; the common part of multiple consecutive titles takes up all the available screen line space, and many players won't roll the title across. (even if they did, browsing with waiting for each title to roll across to see the distinguishing part is not very pleasant.)
<<

ottomatic

DLNA master

Post Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:08 am

n3mmr wrote:This does bring up another, possibly unrelated, idea.
I'd love to be able to do "title editing" on the fly. As it is, many of the Öppet Arkiv shows show up as "Show title, Show title" or, worse, "Very long annoying show name, episode title".
In the first case it's merely annoying, in the latter case it means browsing won't work very well on many players; the common part of multiple consecutive titles takes up all the available screen line space, and many players won't roll the title across. (even if they did, browsing with waiting for each title to roll across to see the distinguishing part is not very pleasant.)

Not sure what you mean by editing the title "on the fly".

The plugin does some parsing and concatenation in order to present informative titles. The long names, with the show name first, work for me as my DLNA client scrolls the titles and I know that they appear in a logical order.

If you look inside the plugin source, around line 201 is where the title for "letter URL shows" are set.

You could try altering this:

Code:
                               // Modify the title to make sure the name of the show is included, not just the episode name
                                item.title = letterTitleName + ': ' + item.title

so that it reads like this:

Code:
                               // Modify the title to make sure the name of the show is included, not just the episode name
                                item.title = item.title + ' (' + letterTitleName + ')'

The other places where titles are set are around line 367 and 377. Search for "webResourceItemTitle =". This is where item titles are normally set (for "non letter url:s") and the result of this is what is used "recursively" in line 202 as demonstrated above.

You may experiment and report back to me what works best. Perhaps I'll update the plugin according to the suggestions.

Regards

/ O
<<

n3mmr

DLNA master

Post Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:24 pm

ottomatic wrote:

The plugin does some parsing and concatenation in order to present informative titles. The long names, with the show name first, work for me as my DLNA client scrolls the titles and I know that they appear in a logical order.

If you look inside the plugin source, around line 201 is where the title for "letter URL shows" are set.

Code:

Code:

The other places where titles are set are around line 367 and 377. Search for "webResourceItemTitle =". This is where item titles are normally set (for "non letter url:s") and the result of this is what is used "recursively" in line 202 as demonstrated above.

You may experiment and report back to me what works best. Perhaps I'll update the plugin according to the suggestions.

Regards

/ O

Thanks! Will do. Gimme a week or so to mull this over.
<<

n3mmr

DLNA master

Post Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:54 am

ottomatic wrote:

Code:

Code:

Regards

/ O

OK, Ottomatic,

I see you got me slightly wrong.

If there's only one episode, i e there's just a TV show, then the show name gets duplicated, which irritates, no more.

I just added a test for item.title != letterTitleName and if so, add the letterTitleName, otherwise leave as is.
<<

n3mmr

DLNA master

Post Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:53 am

And given the fact that I can't watch any online shows at all, at least not from SVT, I cannot test this much more.

I suggest you change the line

Code:

to be
  Code:
                                // If name of show == name of episode leave as show name
                                if ( item.title != letterTitleName )
                                {
                                }
<<

n3mmr

DLNA master

Post Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:00 pm

n3mmr wrote:And given the fact that I can't watch any online shows at all, at least not from SVT, I cannot test this much more.

I suggest you change the line

Code:

to be
  Code:
                                // If name of show == name of episode leave as show name
                                if ( item.title != letterTitleName )
                                {
                                }

This actually helped a little; very little text gets duplicated any more. Unless you adapt OppetArkiv.groovy to my idea yourself, I'll try and add one more thing.

A few shows are entered as

letterTitleName == "Namestring"
and
item.title == "Namestring, avsnitt 1"

so one could conceivably add code to use only the item.title if the contents of letterTitleName are duplicated at the start or the end of item.title.
<<

ottomatic

DLNA master

Post Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:35 pm

Hi everyone,

I noticed recently that the plugin wasn't working any more.

As usual, it was because the html markup had changed.

A new version of the plugin has been uploaded to the first post in this thread.
The documentation has been slightly changed.
The new plugin is backwards competible, so even though the format of "letter urls" has changed, your old definitions should still work.

Regards

/ O
Previous

Return to Available plugins