FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

YouTube

<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:21 pm

Re: YouTube

sonc44: What's the technique to find the playlist ID 1C90BDF46E6EACFD ?
<<

lazybones

Streaming enthusiast

Post Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:25 pm

Also with the playlist in the order oldest first, you only get the first episodes in the feed, instead of the latest.
<<

sonc44

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:45 pm

I click on the Playlist itself and then copy the URL in the address bar of the browser.
In the playlist link/URL just remove the PL from the ID code and I believe that leaves a 16 character code for the playlist to use for the API get URL.

Example one of my playlist links is http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... ature=plcp

the code between ( playlist?list=) and (&feature=plcp) is PL7C69431AD9AD5FFF.
Remove the PL from this and there is the Playlist ID to use.
<<

satkrish

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:37 pm

Is there any way to forward/rewind youtube video when I am streaming to an Xbox 360? I have read through the forums but am unable to find anything about it. I am able to play feeds from youtube, but none of them forward or rewind. I am using the default profile for the Xbox.
<<

jctoad

Streaming enthusiast

Post Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:13 pm

My first time trying to add a feed. I added Youtube.groovy to C:\Program Files\Serviio\plugins
Added http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/user ... be-profile which is a sample listed earlier in the thread and another feed that I made.
I also added them to my google reader and they work there, but it's nothing is showing up on serviio using a sony smp-n100. I restarted serviio.
The log says.
  Code:
2011-12-29 12:21:05,953 INFO  [PluginCompilerThread] Added plugin YouTubeUrlExctractor (Youtube.groovy)
2011-12-29 12:21:30,015 INFO  [FeedUpdaterThread] Started looking for information about online feeds
2011-12-29 12:21:30,031 INFO  [LibraryAdditionsCheckerThread] Started looking for newly added files
2011-12-29 12:21:30,046 INFO  [LibraryUpdatesCheckerThread] Started looking for updates to currently shared files
2011-12-29 12:21:33,625 INFO  [ServiioConsole] Starting Serviio Console
I shut down serviio. Log read
  Code:
2011-12-29 12:58:00,718 INFO  [FeedUpdaterThread] Finished looking for online feed information
2011-12-29 12:58:00,828 INFO  [PluginCompilerThread] Finished looking for plugins
Still nothing after second restart. Is it just supposed to show up when I select the serviio icon on the screen? I see nothing new there.
<<

NX3

DLNA master

Post Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:20 pm

Open that link in your web browser, nothing.....so serviio isn't going to show anything either.

Try this one, I know it works;
https://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/use ... ow/uploads

Then in serviio video menu go to your 'online' section
<<

FrenKy

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:35 pm

Hey,
First of all thanks for this useful script, worked wonderfully out of the box.

That said, please note that I'm quite noobish with serviio and this is my first post so go easy on me if I missed answer somewhere else on forum :)

Anyhow...
If I add following feeds to my online feeds list:

Code:
http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/videos?category=trailers
http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/videos?category=VEVO
http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/videos?category=Comedy

I get three entries on my TV (Samsung LE32C550) all titled
  Code:
YouTube Videos [gdata.youtube.com]
but I only get the items from the first one in the list displayed when I enter the feed.
So if the trailers are the first in the list, entering any of the tree displayed folders will always display the entry from the first one.

I have few more feeds defined, and it appears that if the title is different, than the content is displayed correctly.
Is the title generated by the serviio itself or by the script?

Thanks in advance!
<<

jctoad

Streaming enthusiast

Post Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:14 pm

NX3 wrote:Open that link in your web browser, nothing.....so serviio isn't going to show anything either.

Try this one, I know it works;
https://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/use ... ow/uploads

Then in serviio video menu go to your 'online' section
It does work in my browser. Google reader takes over and asks me if I want to add it. When I do, it shows the lists.
At any rate, I did figure it out kind of. In "Presentation", the on line was disabled :oops:
I can get https://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/use ... ow/uploads to work and I can get favorites to work, but I have been going nuts trying to get playlists to work. No matter what I have tried, I can't get any playlist to work. It says "There is no playable file". I would like to get the list from http://www.youtube.com/user/jctoad/#g/p on serviio. I can't get http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/user ... B2EBD79963 to work even. I thought I was home free after I found that online was disabled, but now it's about 2 hours later and I'm getting nowhere fast.
<<

matehr

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:56 am

mykee wrote:What I set:
- open firewall to TCP: 8895 and UDP to 1900 (but router is UPnP and set this mode)
- set resolution to High
- leave only this link on online feeds list and set to video type:
  Code:
http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/users/amazingraceglobal/uploads

- max number of feed items to 20
- feed expiry interval to 6 hours.

I see in log now this:
  Code:
WARN  [FeedUpdaterThread] Failed to retrieve feed item information for rtsp://v5.cache7.c.youtube.com/CigLENy73wIaHwlrH3cG-Dp9lhMYESARFEgGUgx1c2VyX3VwbG9hZHMM/0/0/0/video.3gp. It might not play.
java.io.IOException: org.serviio.library.local.metadata.extractor.InvalidMediaFormatException: Unknown video file type.
   at org.serviio.library.online.metadata.FeedUpdaterThread.updateLazyLoadedProperties(FeedUpdaterThread.java:188)
   at org.serviio.library.online.metadata.FeedUpdaterThread.run(FeedUpdaterThread.java:93)
Caused by: org.serviio.library.local.metadata.extractor.InvalidMediaFormatException: Unknown video file type.
   at org.serviio.library.metadata.FFmpegMetadataRetriever.validateCodecsFound(FFmpegMetadataRetriever.java:318)
   at org.serviio.library.metadata.FFmpegMetadataRetriever.retrieveMetadata(FFmpegMetadataRetriever.java:68)
   at org.serviio.library.online.metadata.FeedUpdaterThread.updateLazyLoadedProperties(FeedUpdaterThread.java:169)

My profile for Samsung TV:
  Code:
   <Profile id="21" name="Mykee Samsung TV" extendsProfileId="1">
      <Detection>
         <UPnPSearch>
            <FriendlyName>(^TV-\d{2}C\d{3}.*)|(^\[TV\][A-Z]{2}\d{2}D\d{3}.*)</FriendlyName>            
            <ModelNumber>(1\.0)|(AllShare1\.0)</ModelNumber>
         </UPnPSearch>   
      </Detection>
      <DeviceDescription>
         <ExtraElements>
              &lt;sec:ProductCap&gt;smi,DCM10,getMediaInfo.sec,getCaptionInfo.sec&lt;/sec:ProductCap&gt;
            &lt;sec:X_ProductCap&gt;smi,DCM10,getMediaInfo.sec,getCaptionInfo.sec&lt;/sec:X_ProductCap&gt;
           </ExtraElements>
      </DeviceDescription>   
      <ContentDirectoryDefinitionFilter>org.serviio.upnp.service.contentdirectory.definition.SamsungContentDirectoryDefinitionFilter</ContentDirectoryDefinitionFilter>   
      <Transcoding>
      <Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetVCodec="mpeg2video" targetACodec="ac3" aBitrate="192" maxVBitrate="8192" forceVTranscoding="true">
        <Matches container="asf" />       
      </Video>
      <Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetACodec="ac3" targetVCodec="mpeg2video" maxVBitrate="8192">
            <Matches container="flv" />
         </Video>
         <!-- Transcode all h264 video with HIGH/MAIN > Level 4.1 on MPEG-TS stream with MPEG2VIDEO and ac3 audio transcoding -->
         <Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetVCodec="mpeg2video" targetACodec="ac3" aBitrate="192">
            <Matches container="avi" vCodec="h264" profile="high" levelGreaterThan="4.2" />
            <Matches container="avi" vCodec="h264" profile="main" levelGreaterThan="4.2" />
            <Matches container="matroska" vCodec="h264" profile="high" levelGreaterThan="4.2" />
            <Matches container="matroska" vCodec="h264" profile="main" levelGreaterThan="4.2" />
            <Matches container="mp4" vCodec="h264" profile="high" levelGreaterThan="4.2" />
            <Matches container="mp4" vCodec="h264" profile="main" levelGreaterThan="4.2" />
        <Matches container="mp4" vCodec="mpeg4" aCodec="lpcm" />       
         </Video>
         <!-- transcode H264 MP4 files with LPCM audio -->
         <Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetACodec="ac3">
            <Matches container="mpegts" aCodec="mp2" />
            <Matches container="mp4" aCodec="lpcm" />
            <Matches container="flv" vCodec="h264" />
            <Matches container="matroska" vCodec="h264" aCodec="flac" />
            <Matches container="matroska" vCodec="h264" aCodec="vorbis" />
            <Matches container="matroska" vCodec="vc1" />
            <Matches container="ogg" vCodec="mpeg4" />
            <Matches container="3gp" aCodec="amrnb" /> 
         </Video>   
         <!-- transcode MKV with MPEG2 video, remux into mpeg2ts -->
         <!-- transcode AVI with AVC video -->
         <Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetACodec="ac3" targetVCodec="mpeg2video">
            <Matches container="matroska" vCodec="mpeg2video" />
            <Matches container="avi" vCodec="h264" />
            <Matches container="avi" vCodec="mjpeg" />
            <Matches container="avi" vCodec="dvvideo" />
            <Matches container="ogg" />
        <Matches container="mpegts" vCodec="mpeg2video" />
         </Video>
         <!-- For dvr-ms files force mpeg2video transcoding to fix monotone timestamps problems-->
         <Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetACodec="ac3" forceVTranscoding="true" maxVBitrate="8192">
            <Matches container="asf" vCodec="mpeg2video" />
         </Video>
         <Video targetContainer="mpegts">
            <Matches container="wtv" />
         </Video>
         <!-- transcode audio only for wmv with wmapro -->
         <Video targetContainer="asf" targetACodec="ac3" aBitrate="256" >
            <Matches container="asf" aCodec="wmapro" />
         </Video>
         <Audio targetContainer="lpcm">
            <Matches container="mp4" />
            <Matches container="flac" />
            <Matches container="ogg" />
        <Matches container="asf" />
         </Audio>
      </Transcoding>
   </Profile>

Hi,

this profile works pefect for me when i'm playing youtube HD videos, but when i try to play HD file from my computer (i have to say that this work perfect on Samsung C/D profile), i got message ''video codec not supported''.

So can someone help me to make profile that merge Samsung C/D profile and Mykee profile?
<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:52 pm

<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:38 pm

matehr :

It looks to me like you are not using the YouTube plugin, and the feed is being processed in raw form that will create this error.

You also need to use the Samsung C/D profile, and post any problems you encounter with it so they can be fixed rather than create a new profile that no one else will want to debug to fix problems that have already been fixed in the C/D profile.
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:39 pm

jhb50 wrote:matehr :

It looks to me like you are not using the YouTube plugin, and the feed is being processed in raw form that will create this error.

You also need to use the Samsung C/D profile, and post any problems you encounter with it so they can be fixed rather than create a new profile that no one else will want to debug to fix problems that have already been fixed in the C/D profile.

I second that.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

matehr

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:36 pm

I'm using Youtube plugin.
If it's that so, why i can't watch youtube on Samsung C/D profile in FullHD format, but on this custom profile or Samsung B profile works perfect?

My problem with Samsung C/D profile is that i can't watch youtube in FullHD (it work on medium or low quality, and on high quality i get message ''video codec not supported''), and all files from my computer work perfect (720p, 1080p).
On this custom Mykee profile or Samsung B profile i can watch Youtube files on High settings and FullHD, but files from my computerr in 720p or 1080p won't work, and got message ''video codec not supported''.
Can you explain me this?

Now i want to edit Samsung C/D profile to play files both from my comp and Youtube.
<<

jctoad

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:43 am

jhb50 wrote:jctube: Correct form is http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/playlists/8B39E1B2EBD79963?v=2
See posts above.
Thanks jhb50. That worked, but what I said that I really wanted was "I would like to get the list from http://www.youtube.com/user/jctoad/#g/p " But things are getting more complicated. http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/play ... D79963?v=2 is a playlist with 5 files in it. When I put the list into google reader, it says there are 5 files in the playlist. However, when I enter the list into serviio and load it via the "online" the playlist only has 3 files in it. Parts 1, 4 and 5. Why does my smp-n100 not show parts 2 and 3? I had this same sort of problem that I was asking about over here viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4487#p30511 however, when looking at this specific Pet Shop Boys playlist while connected directly to youtube using the sony box, Parts 1-4 are there but part 5 is missing. That's why it was suggested in the other thread by NX3 to run playlists through serviio, but I can see already that this is not solving the problem. Can someone else load http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/play ... D79963?v=2 into their smp-n100 and tell me how many files they see? I'm starting to think that I might have a defective box. If you read the other thread, you will see that it is not just this playlist that does things like this.
Not only do I have this playlist problem but there are other things that don't seem right about the box or at least how it uses youtube data.
1) No option to disable auto shutdown. viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4487
2) I also discovered a problem with youtube subscriptions. A user that I subscribe to may have 48 uploads, however, my Sony may say they only have 42. Some users it gets the number correct, others it gets wrong.
3) In the list of all subscriptions, it will always say that every user has 0 uploads, which is certainly not true.
Does anyone else see these types of errors or am I just special?

Update: I loaded some other playlists into serviio.
A list of 8 files. Only showed 6 when viewed directly by the box. Worked perfect when view via Online feed.
A list of 19 files. Worked perfect when viewed directly by the box. Was missing part 3 and parts 10-19 when viewed through Online Feed.
What the heck is going on?
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:16 am

matehr wrote:I'm using Youtube plugin.
If it's that so, why i can't watch youtube on Samsung C/D profile in FullHD format, but on this custom profile or Samsung B profile works perfect?

My problem with Samsung C/D profile is that i can't watch youtube in FullHD (it work on medium or low quality, and on high quality i get message ''video codec not supported''), and all files from my computer work perfect (720p, 1080p).
On this custom Mykee profile or Samsung B profile i can watch Youtube files on High settings and FullHD, but files from my computerr in 720p or 1080p won't work, and got message ''video codec not supported''.
Can you explain me this?

Now i want to edit Samsung C/D profile to play files both from my comp and Youtube.

b series profile transcodes alot more than it needs to that why it works,
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

matehr

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:15 am

I know that, and i know why.
it's because Samsung B profile is extended version of deafult generic dlna profile, and Samsung C/D profile is extended version of B profile.
<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:02 pm

matehr:
Go back and read the mykee posts above which report the same problem and his fix. You are using an old plugin.
<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:38 pm

jctoad:
I can only tell you that all five files are added correctly using the C/D profile for my Samsung, and all 5 files seem to be the same spec so I would expect yours to show all 5 as well.

WRT channels, Serviio can not support requests of the form http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/users/jctoad/playlists?v=2http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/users/jctoad/playlists?v=2 since the returned result is a list of playlist feeds of the form http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/playlists/8B39E1B2EBD79963?v=2
which are supported but each must be added separately.
<<

jctoad

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:36 pm

jhb50 wrote:jctoad:
I can only tell you that all five files are added correctly using the C/D profile for my Samsung, and all 5 files seem to be the same spec so I would expect yours to show all 5 as well.
Thanks. So we know that youtube, Google Reader and a Samsung using the server all show 5 files. So is it just my box or all smp-n100 that have this problem?
PreviousNext

Return to Available plugins