[Obsolete] SvtPlay (Sweden only)

<<

FoH

Streaming enthusiast

Post Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:58 pm

Re: SvtPlay (Sweden only)

GamePat wrote:
Illico wrote:
GamePat wrote: In every RSS feed I only get the first 20 streams, is that normal or you can fix somehow to get more?

Check on Serviio Console, where you can limit the number of feeds parsed.

OK, but I have there set the number of feeds to unlimited, should I set to 50 for example?

You can always add specific shows instead of using the generic feeds in the first post. Go to the page of the show you want, right click on the page and select "View page source" (or the similar option in your browser), at the top of the source you have two urls which you can add to Serviio. The top most url is for entire episode of the show, and the other for clips. Here's an example url from Agenda: http://feeds.svtplay.se/v1/video/list/1 ... mode=plain
<<

poce

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:16 am

Have used the plugin with some success but recently 2 episodes of "Kommisarie Banks" both stopped palying after 1h, 7 min and some seconds and couldn't be continued. Is this known by others?
<<

GamePat

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:07 pm

Illico wrote:
You can always add specific shows instead of using the generic feeds in the first post. Go to the page of the show you want, right click on the page and select "View page source" (or the similar option in your browser), at the top of the source you have two urls which you can add to Serviio. The top most url is for entire episode of the show, and the other for clips. Here's an example url from Agenda: http://feeds.svtplay.se/v1/video/list/1 ... mode=plain

Thanks I'll do that instead.
<<

FoH

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:22 am

poce wrote:Have used the plugin with some success but recently 2 episodes of "Kommisarie Banks" both stopped palying after 1h, 7 min and some seconds and couldn't be continued. Is this known by others?

Yes, it is. You can read about it on the previous pages. As far as zip could make out it is probably due to RTMPDump not supporting a certain kind of validation that gets sent around that time. I haven't gotten around to searching on this on RTMPDumps mailinglist or asking about it, but if you're up for it you could always continue the search for a solution :)
<<

GreenTurtle

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:28 pm

And I how do I add and can see a Live broadcast from SVTPlay? Tried a lot of things buy nothing seems to be working.....
<<

FoH

Streaming enthusiast

Post Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:10 pm

GreenTurtle wrote:And I how do I add and can see a Live broadcast from SVTPlay? Tried a lot of things buy nothing seems to be working.....

I think the problem is that the Live broadcast isn't part of the normal feed. You can't use the RSS option. I tried adding an Live stream with the url found in the source, but I got an error from ffmpeg regarding the file extension. I think a different solution is needed, or we need to find out what the actual link is. The link in the source is of the format
  Code:
url:rtmp://fl10.c90806.cdn.qbrick.com/90806/webb5_720p,bitrate:2400

I tried adding a Live stream with
  Code:
rtmp://fl10.c90806.cdn.qbrick.com/90806/webb5_720p

I'll look into it when I find the time... maybe tomorrow!
<<

spelarn

Serviio newbie

Post Sun May 13, 2012 1:37 pm

RE: SvtPlay (Sweden only)

I was all excited om the simplicity to get the whole thing running... Until i realized that arter a few hours all the streams (on an offline) start to stutter. Every 30 sek the tv stops and waits for data... So now its off again... Anyone else with the same issues? Would love to get it working....
<<

spengo

Serviio newbie

Post Wed May 16, 2012 11:14 pm

You say that SvtPlay.groovy har support for quality selecion...where do I choose the quality? Is it in Serviio or in my unit (WD TV Live)?
The only place I have chosen quality is "Preferred online content quality:" (I chose high), but that has nothing to do with SvtPlay.groovy, right?

The reason I'm asking is that I think the quality of the video is not as good as it could be.
<<

spengo

Serviio newbie

Post Tue May 22, 2012 1:40 pm

Any solution for SVT Live shows yet? ;)
<<

n3mmr

DLNA master

Post Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:08 pm

SVTPlay plugin fails with Plugin SvtPlay returned no value for resource item 'Titles of various shows'

Has anyone else seen this?
Serviio 2.3 in a jail on TrueNAS 13 running on an HP N54L w 5*4 TB spinning rust disks.
The media files are on the same machine.
<<

poce

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:43 pm

SVT Play is oviously updated today and I also get nothing from the previously working feeds. Has the update changed the conditions for links and plugins?
<<

n3mmr

DLNA master

Post Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:59 pm

poce wrote:SVT Play is oviously updated today and I also get nothing from the previously working feeds. Has the update changed the conditions for links and plugins?

When doing View page source from the right-click menu, what comes up is very very different from before.
Before, you could identify the rtmp links quite easily and just select the one that claimed to be HD, now, all you see is some incomprehensible references to some player to download.

I suppose a possibility might be to snoop the traffic sent out from the player, because that must contain the address of the rtmp stream.
Or else find a way to insert a tee-coupling into the video stream coming down from SVT.

P.S.
The new svtplay page looks very much like ITV's player home page, so I suppose some attack plan, similar to that in the ITV player plugin, might work.
Assuming there's an ITV player plugin that works.
Serviio 2.3 in a jail on TrueNAS 13 running on an HP N54L w 5*4 TB spinning rust disks.
<<

spengo

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:30 am

Can we expect a fix for this? When?
<<

arbutus

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:49 am

Ah, that explains why i could not get it working yesterday, i first tried Serviio yesterday and got all play channels but SVT working.
Lets hope someone figures this out then, let me know if i can help in some non programming way!
/A
<<

n3mmr

DLNA master

Post Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:22 am

There seems to be a route that might pay off in this: the full-screen version of the player page still lists the proper media URL links to all the various quality levels of the stream playing.

I have contacted the plugin author. But please all feel free to try and find a solution.

I am not at all a very good javascript or groovy hacker. I'm a firm beleiver in assembler and subjective C... :-)

The same kind of data that the plugin assumes to be present is now only available when querying the site for the ?type=embed version of the page.

As far as I can tell, the data format/layout has changed slightly, so it wouldn't be as easy as just adding "?type=embed" to the URL for the feed.

I dunno enough about how the plugin works for fixing that....
<<

muszaj

Streaming enthusiast

Post Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:19 pm

Okay, the rss feeds still display the latest shows (in the browser, not with Serviio) but when I click on a show I get a 404.

Edit: just found a working rss, though it still won't show anything in serviio
http://feeds.svtplay.se/v1/video/list/9 ... layrapport
Panasonic Viera D25
<<

magicus

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:21 pm

I researched the situation, and this is what I found out:

SVT Play switched to their new site (previously beta.svtplay.se) on June 4th. For Serviio, this means two problems:

1) The RSS-feeds does not work properly. SVT Play admits that there are problems with RSS feeds on the new system, and they have promised to fix them. No time schedule, though.. See http://kontakt.svtplay.se/org/svt-play/ ... -till-rss/
For this, we just have to wait.

2) The format on the page has changed, so it is not as trivial as it was before to extract the URL to the video. This means a) figure out the new way to get the data, and b) update the plugin.
It seems not impossible to fix, though, since pirateplay (http://pirateplay.se) can extract downloadable URLs just fine. The source code for pirateplay is available (https://github.com/jackuess/pirateplay) so it's probably just to have a look at how they do it. I could possibly fix it but I really don't have the time right now; I'm just suffering for the consequences that my kids can't watch their faviourite shows anytime. :-)
<<

FoH

Streaming enthusiast

Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:47 pm

spengo wrote:You say that SvtPlay.groovy har support for quality selecion...where do I choose the quality? Is it in Serviio or in my unit (WD TV Live)?
The only place I have chosen quality is "Preferred online content quality:" (I chose high), but that has nothing to do with SvtPlay.groovy, right?

The reason I'm asking is that I think the quality of the video is not as good as it could be.

The setting at that tab should affect the quality of the streams. I think it worked for me last time I checked (I'm running with high and have no issues with the quality, I normally get the 720p.)
<<

FoH

Streaming enthusiast

Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:58 pm

As far as I know, the maintainer of the plugin isn't active on the forum anymore. I wrote him months ago when I updated the plugin for TV3.

I'll look into this and try to fix it, but I'd rather wait and see if SVT get the RSS up and running again.
<<

Swehawk

Serviio lover

Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:25 pm

Anyone who fixes this issue will be everybodies hero. Seriously! Used to work like a charm. Damn SVT :evil:
PreviousNext

Return to Available plugins