celticht32

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:08 pm

Plugin exception with 0.6.0.1 version of the software

I am running a fresh install of Serviio 0.0.6.0.1 on Windows 7
I have the following online resources defined:
http://rss.cnn.com/rss/edition.rss
http://www.dailymotion.com/rss/

when the system scans for new online content the CNN feed gets an exception along with the daily motion as well.

I then get :

2011-12-28 00:33:07,807 WARN [FeedUpdaterThread] Failed to retrieve feed item information for http://ht.cdn.turner.com/cnn/big//world ... e.cnn.smil. It might not play.
java.io.IOException: org.serviio.library.local.metadata.extractor.InvalidMediaFormatException: Unknown video file type.
at org.serviio.library.online.metadata.FeedUpdaterThread.updateLazyLoadedProperties(FeedUpdaterThread.java:188)
at org.serviio.library.online.metadata.FeedUpdaterThread.run(FeedUpdaterThread.java:93)
Caused by: org.serviio.library.local.metadata.extractor.InvalidMediaFormatException: Unknown video file type.
at org.serviio.library.metadata.FFmpegMetadataRetriever.validateCodecsFound(FFmpegMetadataRetriever.java:318)
at org.serviio.library.metadata.FFmpegMetadataRetriever.retrieveMetadata(FFmpegMetadataRetriever.java:68)
at org.serviio.library.online.metadata.FeedUpdaterThread.updateLazyLoadedProperties(FeedUpdaterThread.java:169)
... 1 more

This Repeats for every item on the RSS feed not just the above.

If you look lower in the log there is also the following as well :

2011-12-28 00:49:18,903 WARN [FeedUpdaterThread] Failed to retrieve feed item information for http://www.dailymotion.com/cdn/H264-848 ... 70d2aa0f32. It might not play.
java.io.IOException: org.serviio.library.local.metadata.extractor.InvalidMediaFormatException: Unknown video file type.
at org.serviio.library.online.metadata.FeedUpdaterThread.updateLazyLoadedProperties(FeedUpdaterThread.java:188)
at org.serviio.library.online.metadata.FeedUpdaterThread.run(FeedUpdaterThread.java:93)
Caused by: org.serviio.library.local.metadata.extractor.InvalidMediaFormatException: Unknown video file type.
at org.serviio.library.metadata.FFmpegMetadataRetriever.validateCodecsFound(FFmpegMetadataRetriever.java:318)
at org.serviio.library.metadata.FFmpegMetadataRetriever.retrieveMetadata(FFmpegMetadataRetriever.java:68)
at org.serviio.library.online.metadata.FeedUpdaterThread.updateLazyLoadedProperties(FeedUpdaterThread.java:169)
... 1 more

Local files are added just fine to the media list. I asked about this first on the support forum and zip said its a problem with the plugins to ask here. So here I am =0)

Chris
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:36 pm

Re: Plugin exception with 0.6.0.1 version of the software

For the CNN plugin, get an updated plugin version from viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3718
Where did you get your version?

Dailymotion seems to work for me unless the feed expired and the authentication expired as well. Try restart Serviio to see if it picks it up. Otherwise that could be fixed for 0.6.1.
<<

celticht32

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:35 pm

I got the CNN and the other from the all plugins package... so using what ever one is in there....

Chris
<<

celticht32

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:14 pm

ok getting the cnn plugin you sent me to zip worked... checking out the other error I posted..
still getting the unknown media type for this:

2011-12-28 16:54:51,652 WARN [FeedUpdaterThread] Failed to retrieve feed item information for http://media.kelbymediagroup.com/switch ... de-287.mp4. It might not play.
... 1 more

Also when media (mp3's ) with no bit rate specified (some how I have an album which got ripped and the bitrate was set to zero) does not add to the library even though it plays fine..

Chris
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:47 pm

what feed is this from?
<<

WildRushSykes

DLNA master

Post Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:21 am

The CNN Plugin that was in my pack was out of date i do apologise it has now been fixed :)
Serviio 1.4.1 - Windows 8.1 Pro x64 with Media Center - HP Pavillion G series - PS3 and 4 - 3TB Drive wih 500+ Bluray MKV Movies

Beta Tester and All Plugins Pack Creator

<<

celticht32

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:24 am

Return to Available plugins