FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Crackle

<<

twister29

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:03 pm

Re: Crackle

Hi! I'm new here on the forum, and have some personal experience/knowledge of setting up a DLNA server and getting videos streaming to my LG BX-580. I'm a new Serviio user (and LOVE it!). Was using N*ro MediaHome - and while it worked (somewhat), have had major problems with it synching up to my bd-player. I've been watching these forums, and am also having issues getting videos from Crackle to play. When I select the Crackle online folder in my BD player, I see thumbnails of the videos that are currently available, but when I select one to play, I get these errors:

"There may be network congestion" - I then try to play the video again and get this error: "Cannot play this file".

I've tried both RSS links provided in first post and still get the same error. I'm using the "LG TV/Player" profile and entering the IP address of the player. Does anyone else have a LG BD DLNA player and is having this issue? Any ideas to try would be helpful.

My logfile is over 22mb - are there portions of it that I could attach here that would be helpful?
<<

mike_metro

Serviio lover

Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:12 pm

twister29 wrote:Hi! I'm new here on the forum, and have some personal experience/knowledge of setting up a DLNA server and getting videos streaming to my LG BX-580. I'm a new Serviio user (and LOVE it!). Was using N*ro MediaHome - and while it worked (somewhat), have had major problems with it synching up to my bd-player. I've been watching these forums, and am also having issues getting videos from Crackle to play. When I select the Crackle online folder in my BD player, I see thumbnails of the videos that are currently available, but when I select one to play, I get these errors:

"There may be network congestion" - I then try to play the video again and get this error: "Cannot play this file".

I've tried both RSS links provided in first post and still get the same error. I'm using the "LG TV/Player" profile and entering the IP address of the player. Does anyone else have a LG BD DLNA player and is having this issue? Any ideas to try would be helpful.

My logfile is over 22mb - are there portions of it that I could attach here that would be helpful?

Are you having issues with any other plugins?
Have you tried to change the transcode "preferred online content quality" to Low and see if that fixes the issue?
I would reach out to people on the LG forum http://forum.serviio.org/viewforum.php?f=12
<<

antl

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:10 pm

think this plugin needs updating :(
<<

mike_metro

Serviio lover

Post Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:40 pm

antl wrote:think this plugin needs updating :(

What issues are you having? Where are you located?
<<

antl

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:25 pm

mike_metro wrote:
antl wrote:think this plugin needs updating :(

What issues are you having? Where are you located?

I was getting errors playing any movie - file format not supported.

but it was working perfectly previously, located in the UK.

ill give it another try soon, to see if it was a one off.
<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:29 pm

Seems most of the the links have changed.
Using the sample link http://www.crackle.com/rss/media.ashx?b ... PTgyJmZ4PQ

the link created by the groovy that Serviio tries to access http://cdn1.crackle.com/1/q/yl/9vwwb_480p.mp4 is no longer valid
the correct link is now rtmp://stream_auth-us-am.akamai.crackle ... b_360p.mp4

Note however that one of them "The last Dragon" still uses the original form, so seems they are in transition.
<<

bobo222

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:26 am

Here are the changes to the file required - I tested with 1-2 links - but figure this can help the cause.

<FILE REDACTED>
Last edited by bobo222 on Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:20 am

That is still not getting the new links.
<<

bobo222

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:24 am

it was about an hour ago - now pulling just a few. still working it - obviously some magic to sort
<<

bobo222

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:26 am

i let it run for a bit - all good.
<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:24 am

Not this link. Only shows 2 of old link format. You are not detecting the new links, and are still providing the old links which fail.
<<

bobo222

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:15 pm

Thanks.
Obviously you're seeing something different - because I pick up new scans of 200+ links, and they work. please let me know if you have code changes suggested.

thanks.

are you using the version with the following code changes:

*Note- my version is hardcoded ONLY to this link / url - this may be the issue:
final VALID_FEED_URL = 'http://www.crackle.com/rss/media/Zm14PTUwMDAmZmNtdD04MiZmcD0xJmZ4PQ.rss'

and the other changes:

def contentUrl = thumbUrl.replaceFirst('http://.*?\\.crackle.com/', "rtmp://stream_auth-us-am.akamai.crackle.com:443/ondemand/mp4:crackle/")

contentUrl = contentUrl.replaceFirst('_[A-Za-z]*.jpg', "_${resText}.mp4")

I also added a println after the def of cacheKey so i could see what was going on.

println "crackleitem = $contentUrl"
<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:04 pm

The whole concept of a webresource is to process the multiple links available at a given site, and then detect the valid links to the media content for each of those site links.

I'll simply point out that your changes do neither. You have hardcoded only one site link and then you have forced a link header which works for only some of the media content.

You may be happy with it but it should not be published as a corrected crackle grooovy.

To be correct you need to remove your hardcoded link and use the original VALID_FEED_URL then determine what code in the html dictates the media links. One of them dictates the use of your forced link header change but something else dictates a different link header change. For example in the sample site link http://www.crackle.com/rss/media.ashx?b ... PTgyJmZ4PQ , The New Kids and The Stone Killer do not work with your forced header or with the old link format.
Similarly your hardcoded link is missing the same ones plus many more including the first one "Rudy"

Hope that helps.
<<

bobo222

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:41 pm

Thank you. I'll retract my code - and feel free to work it appropriately -- I'll simply point out that I provided the code as a tool to show a fix that worked for me. My error, apologies.
it is working fine for me - and I apologize for introducing noise in the system.

Feel free to fix / ignore the submission.

thank you for all input as always.
<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:08 pm

No apologies. I was only pointing out what was missing with the hope that the info would help you complete the correction, as a contribution to the community and a learning exercise. Sorry if you took differently.
<<

bobo222

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:39 pm

no worries. if time permits, I'll try to fix it appropriately and move it over to the right forum for devwork.

thanks!
<<

mike_metro

Serviio lover

Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:17 pm

bobo222 wrote:no worries. if time permits, I'll try to fix it appropriately and move it over to the right forum for devwork.

thanks!

bobo222 I'll make the changes you suggested above, test it and repost it. I'll try to get it out this weekend. Thanks for the help.
<<

mike_metro

Serviio lover

Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:25 pm

bobo222 are you based in the us? The cdn has us in it, I may have to grab the localize the url base on the country of origin.
<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:36 pm

The links were all valid from Canada. You would have to test from UK/Australia to see if they differ, however the groovy should detect the correct link rather than force a header.
<<

bobo222

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:18 pm

Greetings - Yes, located in US. While I was hardcoded for one to test, I was (and remain) with good results on this server. Agree w/ proposition that some geography may be at play.

thanks.
PreviousNext

Return to Available plugins