DLNA master

Post Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:03 pm

PBS Kids

Attachments
PBSKids.groovy
V1: August 17, 2012 - Initial Release
V2: August 19, 2012 - Bug fix: video stops abruptly
(5.31 KiB) Downloaded 994 times
Last edited by xs2inattar on Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:32 pm

Re: PBS Kids

My granddaughter loves Dinosaur Train, so I am all over this! I can stream it over Netflix, but they only seem to have one season. I'm looking forward to seeing what this might offer. Waiting for it to populate now.

Thanks! Dan
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:00 am

First, I'm disappointed with PBS, because their Dinosaur Train folder is fragments of full episodes. I was hoping there would be complete episodes to watch. The major problem is the files won't seem to play their full length, whatever that is. I don't know if the problem is with PBS, my TV or the plug-in. I'm playing a file right now that has actually lasted more than two minutes, but it didn't start as a episode, but mid-story. Nope, it just quit again. I think the issue is with PBS.

If someone else can try the Dinosaur Train URL and tell me if they encounter the same issue, that'd be wonderful.

Thanks! Dan
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

<<

rosahas

Serviio lover

Post Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:30 am

I am definitely going to give this a try.. you are on fire with plug-ins .. love it! Thanks.. my son loves Wild Krats .. hope the episodes are there to stream.
<<

xs2inattar

DLNA master

Post Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:10 pm

atc98092 wrote:First, I'm disappointed with PBS, because their Dinosaur Train folder is fragments of full episodes. I was hoping there would be complete episodes to watch. The major problem is the files won't seem to play their full length, whatever that is. I don't know if the problem is with PBS, my TV or the plug-in. I'm playing a file right now that has actually lasted more than two minutes, but it didn't start as a episode, but mid-story. Nope, it just quit again. I think the issue is with PBS.

If someone else can try the Dinosaur Train URL and tell me if they encounter the same issue, that'd be wonderful.

Thanks! Dan

I was also experiencing the issue where some video would stop suddenly. I have fixed the issue and uploaded the new version. Please try again and let me know.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:14 pm

xs2inattar wrote:I was also experiencing the issue where some video would stop suddenly. I have fixed the issue and uploaded the new version. Please try again and let me know.

Yep, that seems to have fixed it. Nice work!

Out of curiosity, I notice that the length of time of the clip is not displayed on any of these. Is this specific to PBS, or does it require specific coding in the plug-in. Other on line sites that I have set up all show how long the file is in hours, minutes and seconds. That would help figure out which of these Dynosaur Train files are full episodes or just snippits.

Rats, the file I was playing just ended abruptly again. I made it most of the way through the episode but it stopped with (I believe) several minutes left. I don't think it's because it reached the end of the file, since my screen says "Cannot Read File". Usually at the end of a clip it just returns to the selection window.
Dan

<<

xs2inattar

DLNA master

Post Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:59 pm

atc98092 wrote:Out of curiosity, I notice that the length of time of the clip is not displayed on any of these. Is this specific to PBS, or does it require specific coding in the plug-in. Other on line sites that I have set up all show how long the file is in hours, minutes and seconds. That would help figure out which of these Dynosaur Train files are full episodes or just snippits.

I get the length of the files on my media player. i use ps3 and android tablet.
<<

markusl67

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:49 pm

Just an update here; it looks like PBS Kids has changed the formatting on their website so that the URLs posted in this forum no longer are valid. The videos are now available on the site as Flash episodes. I saw now RSS fed for the videos posted on the site either.

Not sure if anyone has advice for this particular plugin or feed; would love to see it if possible. My grandson loves Caillou and it would be awesome to have this plugin working!

Thanks all!
<<

slyguy42o

DLNA master

Post Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:22 pm

if they have a RSS feed for their shows, you should be able to plug that in without the need for a plugin.
<<

hwmonkey

Streaming enthusiast

Post Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:02 pm

Is there an update to this to work with the new PBSkids website? None of the URLs listed work.

Return to Available plugins